• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lions safety James Ihedigbo plans to hold out of offseason activities; wants new contract

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was awesome playing behind Suh. But they all were. Now he's looking for that money grab before week 1 when exposure begins to creep in.
b
i

ngo

then lions fans will see the james ihedigbo the AFC east adored.

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lions need to play hardball on this one.

Show up or get fined! It's not as if he is 25 and been a star. My guess is this is his move for an extension. Play out your deal or ask management to do a new deal but honor the deal.

If he wants to sit out it's on him but then the Lions need to go after that signing bonus.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL

me to the guy in the cube across the aisle..

"hey mike, did you hear james ihedigbo is holding out in detroit? (laughter)"

mike - "does he know hes james ihedigbo?"
Sounds like typical smug prick Boston fans. It'll be fun to torture you assholes once Belichick retires and you fade right back into the mediocrity that was the Patroits before he showed up and turned you guys into a dynasty. Brady is almost done, Belichick is getting toward his end... enjoy it while it lasts, your guy's run at the top will come to a screeching halt before too much longer.

I do find it funny, though, that you're being that absolutely dense on the topic... as if a guy who didn't work out well for the mighty, mighty Patriots couldn't possibly find a better fit elsewhere and become a good player... some people are just assholes, though, not much one can really do on that front. I also find posters who try to take on the persona of their avatars to be pretty sad. We had a Vince Vaughn guy a couple years ago doing pretty much the same shtick. You're not Charlie dude, sorry to break that to you...

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like typical smug prick Boston fans. It'll be fun to torture you assholes once Belichick retires and you fade right back into the mediocrity that was the Patroits before he showed up and turned you guys into a dynasty. Brady is almost done, Belichick is getting toward his end... enjoy it while it lasts, your guy's run at the top will come to a screeching halt before too much longer.

I do find it funny, though, that you're being that absolutely dense on the topic... as if a guy who didn't work out well for the mighty, mighty Patriots couldn't possibly find a better fit elsewhere and become a good player... some people are just assholes, though, not much one can really do on that front. I also find posters who try to take on the persona of their avatars to be pretty sad. We had a Vince Vaughn guy a couple years ago doing pretty much the same shtick. You're not Charlie dude, sorry to break that to you...
lol

no legit reply huh?

right to the "fuck off, boston asshole" huh? you really, really hurt my feewings.

bobby lane is the last remaining curse in sports.

i watched ihedigbo on both the jets and patriots...then baltimore (you know, AFC). ive probaly seen more of him than you have.

he sucks.

it is what it is. hes a spare part on a good defense, at best...and used only in emergencies.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
then lions fans will see the james ihedigbo the AFC east adored.

he had his best season playing for baltimore behind a defensive line anchored by haloti ngata, who just so happens to be on the lions now.

unless 101 tackles, 2 forced fumbles, 2 fumble recoveries, 3 interceptions, 11 pass defensed and 7 stuffs isn't a quality season for a safety.

that being said -- i agree wholeheartedly that he was terrible prior to his time with baltimore and detroit. sometimes a system fits a players skill set much better than others do. i would still tell him to go f himself, as he wouldnt have given the team a refund on what he was paid if had a terrible year in 2014. there is exactly zero chance he sits out at 32 years old and gives up the paycheck. i tell him I will see you at the mandatory practices and if you skip them, you can mail the checks to allen park for the fines we will be giving you.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he had his best season playing for baltimore behind a defensive line anchored by haloti ngata, who just so happens to be on the lions now.

unless 101 tackles, 2 forced fumbles, 2 fumble recoveries, 3 interceptions, 11 pass defensed and 7 stuffs isn't a quality season for a safety.

that being said -- i agree wholeheartedly that he was terrible prior to his time with baltimore and detroit. sometimes a system fits a players skill set much better than others do. i would still tell him to go f himself, as he wouldnt have given the team a refund on what he was paid if had a terrible year in 2014. there is exactly zero chance he sits out at 32 years old and gives up the paycheck. i tell him I will see you at the mandatory practices and if you skip them, you can mail the checks to allen park for the fines we will be giving you.
see?

this is how you formulate a coherent response.

he is the definition of "perfect fit for the right system".

the only reason he got playing time in baltimore?

ed reed retired, they were absolutely desperate for safety help. its why he barely sniffed the field in his first year in baltimore.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TP you remember when you said Mayhew may be going the Ravens route on GM skills? Well this one thing Ozzie does. Take this amount of money or else. I did like his run stop skills. TE were a mismatch for him IMO. I have no problem putting IAQ out there to start. He was rated very high at S last year. Curious as to his ranks in previous years? At some point fans here do have to realize some players benefit from Austin and Suh and are not awesome players but contributors who can be replaced.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TP you remember when you said Mayhew may be going the Ravens route on GM skills? Well this one thing Ozzie does. Take this amount of money or else. I did like his run stop skills. TE were a mismatch for him IMO. I have no problem putting IAQ out there to start. He was rated very high at S last year. Curious as to his ranks in previous years? At some point fans here do have to realize some players benefit from Austin and Suh and are not awesome players but contributors who can be replaced.
see?

you saw him play too.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and do correct myself, reed left baltimore, he didnt retire.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yes I agree he is a system fit in Detroit. IMO he was NOT what made the defense click. So he is replaceable. Especially if think Austin is guru. I want him starting alongside Quinn. Just at the price he agreed to or I am willing to move on.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
see?

ed reed retired, they were absolutely desperate for safety help. its why he barely sniffed the field in his first year in baltimore.

Rock -- I'm with you on Ihedibgo pre-2013. The fans on this board can tell you, I said to take a wait and see approach when we signed him, because if they were expecting Ihedibgo to put up the numbers he did on the Ravens in 2013 -- they could be disappointed, as I mentioned his years on the Pats and how it took him 8 years to start a full season for a team.

What we got from Ihedibgo for the amount of money we paid him was an absolute steal. He was one of the reasons why Quinn was a pro bowl player, as Ihedibgo was the run stopper, while Quinn could float in the middle and use his strengths in the passing game. They complemented each other.

If Ihedibgo was asked to play Quinn's role for the Lions -- we'd be in trouble, which is something asked of him when he started for the Pats and why he was benched midway thru the year. He is adequate in coverage, but his strength is helping out against the run.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes I agree he is a system fit in Detroit. IMO he was NOT what made the defense click. So he is replaceable. Especially if think Austin is guru. I want him starting alongside Quinn. Just at the price he agreed to or I am willing to move on.

Agree 100%. I wouldn't give him another dime over what he signed for. If he wanted a raise -- he should have signed a 1 year deal. I also think he is replaceable, but at the same time, think he really knows what is expected out of him in Austin's system, as he has played the last 3 years for him.

So whoever is brought in after is going to have to learn the ins and outs. Ihedbigo isn't going to get a raise, IMO, and he isn't going to sit out, as he only has a few more years left before he is done. He isn't going to throw away a paycheck when he only has so many left.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
. some people are just assholes, though, not much one can really do on that front. I also find posters who try to take on the persona of their avatars to be pretty sad. We had a Vince Vaughn guy a couple years ago doing pretty much the same shtick. You're not Charlie dude, sorry to break that to you...

Dude doesn't agree with you about an NFL player so you personally attack him. Classy.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol

no legit reply huh?

right to the "fuck off, boston asshole" huh? you really, really hurt my feewings.

bobby lane is the last remaining curse in sports.

i watched ihedigbo on both the jets and patriots...then baltimore (you know, AFC). ive probaly seen more of him than you have.

he sucks.

it is what it is. hes a spare part on a good defense, at best...and used only in emergencies.
That was absolutely a legit reply. You're clearly clueless on the matter, basing your opinion on him of what he did for you guys and the Jets years ago.

You're being ignorant and arrogant- a typical Boston combination in the sports world.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
see?

You can kiss my hairy, white ass if you think you deserve anything more than the response I gave you. Maybe next time try not showing up talking shit about one of our players and then acting like a belligerent ass-wiper about it? That would have earned you a better response.

And you're using the word "coherent" entirely wrong, just for the record. Dumbass.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was absolutely a legit reply. You're clearly clueless on the matter, basing your opinion on him of what he did for you guys and the Jets years ago.

You're being ignorant and arrogant- a typical Boston combination in the sports world.
LOL

clearly clueless, yet a few of your brethren agree with me.

gofigga.

watch football sometime. they dont use a round ball. some weird rules too.

people tackle.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I was with you right up till the bolded part. Not really sure what the fuck you're talking about on that? The conjecture on this board runs rampant...

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can kiss my hairy, white ass if you think you deserve anything more than the response I gave you. Maybe next time try not showing up talking shit about one of our players and then acting like a belligerent ass-wiper about it? That would have earned you a better response.

And you're using the word "coherent" entirely wrong, just for the record. Dumbass.
jesus christ man, open a window.

he played for my teams biggest rival and was awful. he played for my team and was awful. i saw a thread posted and gave my 2 cents.

I also used "coherent" correctly.

unbunch those panties my friend.