• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lions OFFICIAL 2015 NFL draft thread.

LionsWhyMe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,325.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here we go. Always important 7h round pick. Bet it's a WR

It was one of the draft picks he gave up to get Haloti Ngata. At any rate, this marks his first draft that he didn't take a WR. If Mayhew is around next year he'll probably draft 2 WR's to make up for the loss this year.

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What if the Patriots drafted the same exact players we did?

Again, the Patriots have won multiple super bowls under this regime. They get the benefit of the doubt. Mayhew just lost arguably his best player due to salary cap mismanagement and has yet to win a playoff game. In three drafts (2010,11 and 12) He currently has 3 players out of 19 draft picks currently on the team (2 after they cut Broyles this camp). That is an 11% hit rate. He doesn't deserve any benefit of any doubt.

Coach_Ed_LPW

Coach of the Year
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mayhew just lost arguably his best player due to salary cap mismanagement and has yet to win a playoff game..
LOL this always makes me laugh. Who don't you want....Stafford or Calvin? You can blame Mayhew for draft picks not panning out, but the cap situation is not his fault. Sure he could have not restructured Suh's contract and franchised him cheaper...that would've bought us 1 more year, then ol Suh would've been out the door anyway. Bottom line is no NFL team has 3 20 million dollar players, it doesn't make sense. The Dolphins have a QB that is due for a big raise and they will be in cap hell real soon.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, the Patriots have won multiple super bowls under this regime. They get the benefit of the doubt. Mayhew just lost arguably his best player due to salary cap mismanagement and has yet to win a playoff game. In three drafts (2010,11 and 12) He currently has 3 players out of 19 draft picks currently on the team (2 after they cut Broyles this camp). That is an 11% hit rate. He doesn't deserve any benefit of any doubt.

Stop turning every thread into a Mayhew hate thread. It gets really old. Stay on topic.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Dolphins have a QB that is due for a big raise and they will be in cap hell real soon.

Can't wait until you have to rock dreads. You're gonna look like a bush walking around.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many times did the Patriots trade up?
We talking just this draft, or in general. You're kidding and/or lying to yourself (the latter seems to happen all too often around here) if you think the Pats don't ever trade up.

Some of the things people will shit on Mayhew for really are amazing. Basic "football type things" that every GM in the league does become monumentally stupid when Mayhew does them... I don't get it? :noidea:

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree he should have. I was all for the three being fired together. He did not and prolly will not after this year either. He did too many things people here wanted to happen. Just was not exactly how they wanted it though.
I can't imagine that's a true statement. Most of us didn't even know who Mayhew was when Millen was the GM, let alone who Lewand was. It doesn't make sense that you'd have specifically wanted all three fired together way back then...

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unlikely.

You guys that are into bashing every move Mayhew makes would be doing the exact same thing with all of Belichick's picks, Super Bowl wins notwithstanding. You're just wired to think you know better, even though you (we) don't have 1/10th of the tools, information, or access to properly analyze these players that NFL teams have...

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mayhew could somehow work a trade to swap two tickets to a Tigers game, an X-Box One, some Skittles, and Bill Bentley for the entire 2nd round of the 2016 draft and these same guys would still be bitching.

Suddenly the Tigers tickets would be worth triple what they really are, the X-Box would be unobtanium, the Skittles would have been poured right from Scarlet Johansson's titties, and fucking Bentely would have been "on the verge of a break-out season" all because Mayhew gave them up...

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't imagine that's a true statement. Most of us didn't even know who Mayhew was when Millen was the GM, let alone who Lewand was. It doesn't make sense that you'd have specifically wanted all three fired together way back then...

It was not a true statement. I read Mayhew and not Millen. So many around here say Millenhew MM2... I can say The trio I referring to Mayhew Lewand and Schwartz. I had to go back and read again what He wrote to see why you asked this.

With hindsight now I can see where he wanted a clean slate back then.

Tell Meow good catch.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was not a true statement. I read Mayhew and not Millen. So many around here say Millenhew MM2... I can say The trio I referring to Mayhew Lewand and Schwartz. I had to go back and read again what He wrote to see why you asked this.

With hindsight now I can see where he wanted a clean slate back then.

Tell Meow good catch.
So you're saying that you were saying that you thought Mayhew and Lewand should have been fired along with Schwartz? That actually makes sense and is believable.

Not really sure why I'd tell Meow good catch? I was able to be confused by your post completely independent of anything he thinks and/or though about it...

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can only speak for myself here,....

But it's the decisions that have made me hate Mayhew, not the other way around.

I can understand hating picks that dont make sense and have proved to be failures bit to hate the picks just because its not your guy is crazy. Im not saying this is you bit a lot of that goes on around here.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mayhew could somehow work a trade to swap two tickets to a Tigers game, an X-Box One, some Skittles, and Bill Bentley for the entire 2nd round of the 2016 draft and these same guys would still be bitching.

Suddenly the Tigers tickets would be worth triple what they really are, the X-Box would be unobtanium, the Skittles would have been poured right from Scarlet Johansson's titties, and fucking Bentely would have been "on the verge of a break-out season" all because Mayhew gave them up...

Now when you speak of titties that is stretching it a bit. The others very believable. I do like the use of skittles though...

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Dolphins have a QB that is due for a big raise and they will be in cap hell real soon.

I am sure Suh's contract will hamper them. They have almost 21 million in dead coming off the books this season. Next year only have 2.8 for Wheeler. ( now granted that may go up if they are forced to cut guys and create room) So almost 18 million extra space to absorb Suh's hit of 25 next year. It shows 155 million next year and that is with RT getting the $16.1 5th year option. So you resign him and that hit can be lowered a lot.

Big difference between how Lewand structured deals and how Clements and his boss are. They also do not have two other huge contracts on the books. It might not be as bad or as hard as some are thinking.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To add to that in 2017 when Suh drops to a hit of 15 million, will be when you see RT have a huge hit. Just a gut feeling as some guys can and do think ahead unlike Lewand.

jayfan

{firestan}
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We talking just this draft, or in general. You're kidding and/or lying to yourself (the latter seems to happen all too often around here) if you think the Pats don't ever trade up.

Some of the things people will shit on Mayhew for really are amazing. Basic "football type things" that every GM in the league does become monumentally stupid when Mayhew does them... I don't get it? :noidea:

Yeah, I know. What GM wouldn't give away next year's 3rd round pick to gain a mid-4th this year? I mean, you'd have to be foolish not to!

:L

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I just absolutely hated that damn pick of Tomlinson. It was a horrible, horrible, horrible pick. I mean the entire LIONS staff probably didn't view any of the then current players on that roster as a possible LG so why go and draft an OG in the 1st round. Tomlinson was merely viewed by many analysts as the best pure OG in this entire draft after only having 52 collegiate starts...stupid Mayhew AGAIN for not going BPA...or

O'HARA: Lions make offensive line their Day 1 focus

With the 28th pick, Mayhew drafted Tomlinson, who had started all 52 games at right guard in the last four years for Duke.

Many analysts rated Tomlinson as the best pure guard in the draft. That designation does not include players such as Brandon Scherff of Iowa, who played tackle and guard at Iowa and is projected as a guard in the pros, or Florida State tackle and center Cameron Erving, who is also projected as a pro guard.