• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lions OFFICIAL 2015 NFL draft thread.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So "at best" they got equal value. In the 3rd round, you look for guys who are second round talents who are sliding..... "BPA".

Sorry but this clearly looks like a desperation move by a GM with lackluster results that is trying to win now. This guy throws picks away like candy. You have 30% of your salary cap tied into 3 players.... Stafford,CJ and Tate. Picking OG's, trading down for backup C's, drafting FB's and RB's with fumbling issues. These guys are spending all their draft picks on need and not talent. The CB they drafted couldn't catch a cold in a Michigan winter, let alone trading up for him.
Haha, ok Mr. Professional Internet Scout.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can tell we're having a good draft right now if for no other reason than all of the miss-guided nonsense being spewed right now. Some posters are making compelling arguments for guys they wanted instead, but several are just sticking blindly to the talking head's ratings, no matter that every team passed multiple times on "2nd rounders" Jarret and Bennet.

The media doesn't have any teams to run, guys. Take their ratings, especially in the 2nd and 3rd rounds and later, with a grain of salt...

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can tell we're having a good draft right now if for no other reason than they flash a big Lions logo on my TV screen each time Mayhew makes a pick

Fify

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I officially hate this fucking draft so far. Razor-thin on talent. Only the move in the first was good to get an extra starter and couple picks while still getting their guy. Two more backfield guys we didn't need when need players with more talent were on the board. And I really, really, really hate mortgaging the future by trading a round-higher pick next year for a guy now. He'd better be a year-one starter. I usually want to see the silver lining, but can't right now.

I went in w low expectations. They could have drafted every player I liked and I was still picking them to win 6-7 games tops.

Losing a 3rd next year totally sucks. This team is completely void of middle round talent because of moves like this every year.

LionsWhyMe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,325.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Roary seemed awful happy with the Rutgers pick......But then again wtf does Roary know.....lol.

He's played with 5 different OC's in his 5 years with the Rutgers. He's a Special Teams guy, played a lot of different roles and gained 20 pounds (250 now) since the end of last season.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh you mean the 1 playoff win we've had since i have been a fan of this team?

Nope. Pretty sure as long as Mayhew is GM the Lions will remain a middle of the road team. Pretty sure the picture I was talking about you knew as this is why this comment was made. You looked at the trade itself and value. I looked at what he did with it afterwards creating more value. The Mayhew bashers can't do that. Would look bad on their part.

He made extra value of that pick in the bigger picture. He fucks up a lot. I just don't have issue with every move because some you have to let it play out. That played to be better in the end. I don't feel he fucked up there.

Bad part is many of the things the naysayers say he should do he did or does. Then they just move on to something else instead of swallowing their pride and admitting it. When he does the things some fans want it must mean he is doing the right thing. Yet still stand in their head to scream for his job. Doubt he gets fired after this season, so I have learn to accept one and done playoff appearances until someday in the future when Mayhew quits listening to the SportsHoopla GMs.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's played with 5 different OC's in his 5 years with the Rutgers. He's a Special Teams guy, played a lot of different roles and gained 20 pounds (250 now) since the end of last season.
Sounds like we drafted a utility man, then. I'm not crazy about the pick, but if he makes the roster and contributes on special teams then I suppose it was a good pick.

LionsWhyMe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,325.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like we drafted a utility man, then. I'm not crazy about the pick, but if he makes the roster and contributes on special teams then I suppose it was a good pick.

I hate seeing the Lions in a two man set. The Lions wear a sign when they do... "Hey everyone were running the ball". It's like a passing play against a 3 man rush and doing nothing to keep the defense honest.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another CB

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quentin Jammer's brother.

Quandre Diggs - DB - Lions
Lions selected Texas CB Quandre Diggs with the No. 200 overall pick in the 2015 NFL draft.

Diggs (5'9/196) started 49 games for the Longhorns, amassing 11 INTs and earning second-team All-Big 12 from the conference's coaches as a senior. The brother of Quentin Jammer, Diggs played outside corner and the slot at UT. His Combine left something to be desired, measuring in with short arms (29 5/8") and running 4.56 with a 35 1/2-inch vertical and explosion-lacking 9-foot-5 broad jump. Diggs has quick feet and is a feisty tackler, but his lackluster size-speed combo suggests Diggs will have to excel at slot corner to earn snaps.

May 2 - 4:23 PM

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can tell we're having a good draft right now if for no other reason than all of the miss-guided nonsense being spewed right now.
The media doesn't have any teams to run, guys. Take their ratings, especially in the 2nd and 3rd rounds and later, with a grain of salt...

I agree but my problem is Mayhew does not get the benefit of the doubt as say the Patriots or Steelers. When the Packers take a guy that the media rankings say was a reach I give them the benefit of the doubt.

Fair, unfair, it is what it is. When Mayhew starts hitting consistently outside of the top 10 I will feel better about the the picks like Abdullah over Coleman or Tomlinson before Brown.

Just my take on it.

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bad part is many of the things the naysayers say he should do he did or does. Doubt he gets fired after this season, so I have learn to accept one and done playoff appearances until someday in the future when Mayhew quits listening to the SportsHoopla GMs.

I am positive Mayhew already isn't listening or he would have drafted Coleman before Abdullah!

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope we draft Collins with our 7th rounder. If we do that, if/when he's cleared his options are to play for us, or not play. Imagine if he's cleared by the police and we ended up with a 1st round talent for a 7th round pick.

Our o-line will have gotten immeasurably better in that scenario. Better LG, better RT, better interior depth...

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bennett and other DTs mentioned earlier are still available in the mid fifth. For as much I doubt Mayhew, should I doubt him when "our" guy is still there and other NFL execs passed also? He did not take my guys Jarrett or Bennett who went in the fifth or later... I had them going in second round. Right were the media made me feel they would go. We're all wrong.
No man, youre the one thats right, not them.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who do you guys like with our last pick?

If we don't take that flier on Collins, I really like Zach Zenner or the long-named CB from Oregon to red-shirt for the year. I did some reading up today and it sounds like his knee injury was really ugly, and that's what's scaring teams away from drafting him...

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

When do want me to ship that "Armchair GM for Dummies" back to ya. It helped me out. Especially chapter 4. Drafting...

Now, if you want I can send to someone here if you feel they need it?

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope we draft Collins with our 7th rounder. If we do that, if/when he's cleared his options are to play for us, or not play. Imagine if he's cleared by the police and we ended up with a 1st round talent for a 7th round pick.

Our o-line will have gotten immeasurably better in that scenario. Better LG, better RT, better interior depth...

Probably should fire Mayhew if he does not do this. Then of course we should still fire him when he is found guilty sitting next to Hernandez in a cell also for drafting him.

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Larry Webster
Nevin Lawson
Devin Taylor
Ronnell Lewis
Jason Fox
Sammie Lee Hill

I think the results speak for themselves SLH was the best of the bunch, but Mayhew didn't think enough of him to give him a 2nd contract at least he has a chance to hit with a 3rd rounder(Warford)

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Laaaaadiiies aaaanndd Gentlemen, welcome to the 75th Annual Bash Fest. Lol

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also really, really like Nick Marshall with our last pick. He's transitioning from SEC QB at Auburn to CB, so he's likely a practice squad guy for a year or two, but he's got the size and speed for the position, is very athletic, and has a QB's perspective of the game, and at a high level in the SEC. He might end up being a very good CB or FS in the NFL. Worth a flier this late in the draft, imo..