• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lions OFFICIAL 2015 NFL draft thread.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stafford will open things up with the two new guards, RB and FB he got.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So a 2nd round OG in the 1st round, a scat back with fumbling issues in the 2nd.... we'll see how much of a "home run hitter" he is against NFL Ds, and a rotational DT project who doesn't rush the passer in the 4th that we gave up a pick next year to get ? Sounds like my Lions. The CB Carter in the 3rd sounds ok. I don't follow this nearly as much as the rest of you. I guess we'll have to wait a few months to see if these guys can play. Hate the Abdullah pick, though. He's one I saw play a few times. Big play back against inferior athletes ... not so much against better Ds was my take. I hope I'm wrong.

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stomp can you guarantee me that the DT in the fifth was or will be better? Can these guys play a few years of football first before we judge? Hell for all we know Brown who many and myself wanted might suck.

I hate the Ameer pick, but who is to say he does not do better than Coleman or my guy I wanted David Johnson?

Nope just like you can't guarantee that Gabe wouldn't have been on the board at 168, but i'll guarantee we'll have one less 3rd rounder next year because Mayhew doesn't have any draft discipline

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At this point I'm expecting LaEl Collins to be charged w murder on Monday. Seriously.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fullback. I like that. Caldwell pick.

Seems Mayhew and Caldwell are looking at being better at running the ball. IMO does not mean a run first team? No, IMO just being better than last year. Made three commitments to the run game so far.
Twice now I see the FO follow through on statements made. I never trust what they say. He said he would not have six picks. He did not. He said they will run the ball and seems they are attempting to be able to do that.

Is he evolving?

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems Mayhew and Caldwell are looking at being better at running the ball. IMO does not mean a run first team? No, IMO just being better than last year. Made three commitments to the run game so far.

Twice now I see the FO follow through on statements made. I never trust what they say. He said he would not have six picks. He did not. He said they will run the ball and seems they are attempting to be able to do that.

Is he evolving?

I think Caldwell is telling Mayhew to sit in the corner and be quiet.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mike Burton - RB - Lions
Lions selected Rutgers FB Mike Burton with the No. 168 overall pick in the 2015 NFL draft.

Burton (5'11/242) was a lead blocker and special teamer for the Scarlet Knights, racking up 47 career receptions and averaging 5.3 YPC on 22 carries. Not a candidate to catch more than checkdown passes in the pros, Burton ran 4.74 with a 33-inch vertical at the Combine. Burton projects as more of an H-back than old-fashioned fullback, but could earn a job covering kicks.

At least Mayhew didn't trade a pick from 2017 to get him.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope just like you can't guarantee that Gabe wouldn't have been on the board at 168, but i'll guarantee we'll have one less 3rd rounder next year because Mayhew doesn't have any draft discipline

I can also say they have a extra fifth next year because he did show discipline. See how this works?

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can also say they have a extra fifth next year because he did show discipline. See how this works?

Sorry still wasn't a good value trading back from 23-28 is worth about 100 points on the trade value chart and the 2 5ths we got were only worth around 55 points plus we took on 3 million in cap that could have been roll over for next year or a contract extension

Naughtymax

Internet MMA God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I officially hate this fucking draft so far. Razor-thin on talent. Only the move in the first was good to get an extra starter and couple picks while still getting their guy. Two more backfield guys we didn't need when need players with more talent were on the board. And I really, really, really hate mortgaging the future by trading a round-higher pick next year for a guy now. He'd better be a year-one starter. I usually want to see the silver lining, but can't right now.

Dr. Evil-er

Mayhew for President 2016
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lions brought in Gurley for a visit, so it would seem they weren't worried about an ACL injury. We drafted Broyles in the 2nd with ACL injury.

There was all kinds of talk on here about how essentially worthless even the 4th and 5th rd picks we gave up for Ngata were and how little you would get if you had those picks vs getting a 5 time pro bowler.

How then do you pass in the very late part of the 5th to grab a guy coming off the same injury as Gurley, who was viewed as an early rd pick before his injury? A FB when Ekpre-Olamu is sitting there? How?

The best teams in the league always find late rd gems.

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For them it's a good value because he's worth a 3rd rounder, per their scouting.

So "at best" they got equal value. In the 3rd round, you look for guys who are second round talents who are sliding..... "BPA".

Sorry but this clearly looks like a desperation move by a GM with lackluster results that is trying to win now. This guy throws picks away like candy. You have 30% of your salary cap tied into 3 players.... Stafford,CJ and Tate. Picking OG's, trading down for backup C's, drafting FB's and RB's with fumbling issues. These guys are spending all their draft picks on need and not talent. The CB they drafted couldn't catch a cold in a Michigan winter, let alone trading up for him.

Rollingthndr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I really, really, really hate mortgaging the future by trading a round-higher pick next year for a guy now. He'd better be a year-one starter. I usually want to see the silver lining, but can't right now.

Especially when his upside is a rotational defensive lineman. This reminds me a lot of the 2011 draft. Not really character concerns but football players that just aren't very good. Abdullah might be the best of the bunch. At least he has upside.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry still wasn't a good value trading back from 23-28 is worth about 100 points on the trade value chart and the 2 5ths we got were only worth around 55 points plus we took on 3 million in cap that could have been roll over for next year or a contract extension

We have to know all of Mannys incentives first before we say he is 3 million. He is only 1.6. Or 1.4 . Are you still going by a trade chart that even the NFL says needs tweaked? The Lions needed depth on the OL and got it. That fifth rounder got extra value as it was used to move up in the third. Look at the big picture, not just the one little one in front of you.

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Roary seemed awful happy with the Rutgers pick......But then again wtf does Roary know.....lol.

Rollingthndr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How then do you pass in the very late part of the 5th to grab a guy coming off the same injury as Gurley, who was viewed as an early rd pick before his injury? A FB when Ekpre-Olamu is sitting there? How?

slider3.jpg

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look at the big picture, not just the one little one in front of you.

Oh you mean the 1 playoff win we've had since i have been a fan of this team?