• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lions OFFICIAL 2015 NFL draft thread.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How did Tampa get our 5th rounder? Or is that an error on ESPN? Fucking professionals.

Naughtymax

Internet MMA God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Someone must have information that La'el Collins and Rae Carruth are buddies or something. Just too far not to take a flyer to get a stud tackle.

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How did Tampa get our 5th rounder? Or is that an error on ESPN? Fucking professionals.

Think its an error NFLN still has us at 168

LionsWhyMe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,325.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Think its an error NFLN still has us at 168

Impossible. These are professionals working at ESPN. You must be wrong.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who you guys got tonight, Money or Manny?

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Imagine us about to pick in the 3rd round this year..... Then trading down into the 4th for basically nothing.

Did he do this in the same draft? No. Many teams make these moves. Why is only wrong if Mayhew does what other GMs do?
I am not big on Mayhew, but every single thing he does is wrong to many here. I was sure he would not trade back. He did and I was wrong. Then because he did trade back it was still viewed as wrong because it was only two fifths and MR.

Is he evolving as a GM? More to follow on that question.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They traded the 5th from Denver at #143. Did not see were they traded away 168.

LionsWhyMe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,325.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Only know of...
143 Vikings (from Lions through Broncos and Bears).
158 Cardinals (from Ravens through Lions).
168 Lions (from Buccaneers through Patriots).

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only know of...
143 Vikings (from Lions through Broncos and Bears).
158 Cardinals (from Ravens through Lions).
168 Lions (from Buccaneers through Patriots).

ESPN says 168. Tampa on the bottom screen scrolling thing.

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
im seeing 168 on CBS

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Imagine us about to pick in the 3rd round this year..... Then trading down into the 4th for basically nothing.
I'm not trying to be a dick here, but clearly you think you are seeing this very black and white, and I do not think that's the case.

He could have been, say, the 68th player on our board, or the 75th, etc... Same case for the Bills board, or the Texans, etc. It's easy for guys that are rated that highly by any given team, or teams, to slip a bit like that because it only takes one player rated higher on any of those boards to get them passed up by that team.

As players teams like start to fall, it pushes guys they may have had ranked as a 3rd rounder back farther because there's a "better" guys available in their eyes. Basically a 2nd rounder on their board is there in the for them, so they grab him at pick 75 (or whatever). The next guy on their board we'll say was rated by them 68th overall, but they passed on him for the 2nd round talent (lets call him #56 on the board for comparisons sake). So this guy who was rated #68 continues to fall all the way to round 4, where they decide to trade back up to pick #106 to get a guy they have rated at #68 overall.

For them it's a good value because he's worth a 3rd rounder, per their scouting. The same scenario happens up and down the draft for every team, so as these kind of players start to overlap, lots of players slide a round or two (or more) farther than many teams have them rated because other, more highly rated players, are also sliding and as team's boards get farther and farther apart on day two and three of the draft players they really like are often still available later than they think they should be, so that's why you see so many teams giving up future picks for players that would appear to be, at least on the surface based on the fact that they're still available, a lesser value.

We gave up a 4th to draft Tahir Whitehead in the 5th a few years ago, and that worked out pretty well for us. Clearly the scouting told us he was better than what it would cost to move up and get him, so they did it. Same idea here with Wright...

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lions just got jumped ahead of, uh oh.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not trying to be a dick here, but clearly you think you are seeing this very black and white, and I do not think that's the case.

He could have been, say, the 68th player on our board, or the 75th, etc... Same case for the Bills board, or the Texans, etc. It's easy for guys that are rated that highly by any given team, or teams, to slip a bit like that because it only takes one player rated higher on any of those boards to get them passed up by that team.

As players teams like start to fall, it pushes guys they may have had ranked as a 3rd rounder back farther because there's a "better" guys available in their eyes. Basically a 2nd rounder on their board is there in the for them, so they grab him at pick 75 (or whatever). The next guy on their board we'll say was rated by them 68th overall, but they passed on him for the 2nd round talent (lets call him #56 on the board for comparisons sake). So this guy who was rated #68 continues to fall all the way to round 4, where they decide to trade back up to pick #106 to get a guy they have rated at #68 overall.

For them it's a good value because he's worth a 3rd rounder, per their scouting. The same scenario happens up and down the draft for every team, so as these kind of players start to overlap, lots of players slide a round or two (or more) farther than many teams have them rated because other, more highly rated players, are also sliding and as team's boards get farther and farther apart on day two and three of the draft players they really like are often still available later than they think they should be, so that's why you see so many teams giving up future picks for players that would appear to be, at least on the surface based on the fact that they're still available, a lesser value. We gave up a 4th to draft Tahir Whitehead in the 5th a few years ago, and that worked out pretty well for us. Clearly the scouting told us he was better than what it would cost to move up and get him, so they did it. Same idea here with Wright...

giantbook.jpg

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The trade was what was stupid not the pick we could have got a good DT in the 5th

Stomp can you guarantee me that the DT in the fifth was or will be better? Can these guys play a few years of football first before we judge? Hell for all we know Brown who many and myself wanted might suck.

I hate the Ameer pick, but who is to say he does not do better than Coleman or my guy I wanted David Johnson?

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fullback. I like that. Caldwell pick.