• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lions OFFICIAL 2015 NFL draft thread.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe you could watch a little film on these guys its not like the Lions had scouts at there games they're watching the same film we look up on the internet.
Never have understood how NFL franchises don't invest more in scouting. Baseball and hockey have dozens of scouts. And have to actually pay their minor leagues rather than just pretend it's ameteur college athletes.

But since they don't, we all have a better shot at bitching when these idiots all pass on Vontaze Burfict 7 times. (As an example.). Without interviewing him, I'd draft him.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you serious right now? Do you know that scouting departments spend the entire year and then some doing nothing but scouting these guys? You probably want to do a little research about that.
Ummmm, what scouting department?

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Falcons having a great draft.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Grady Jarrett - DL - Falcons
Falcons selected Clemson DT Grady Jarrett with the No. 137 overall pick in the 2015 NFL draft.

The Falcons double dip with Clemson defensive prospects. Jarrett (6'1/304) made 37 starts for the Tigers, tallying 29.5 tackles for loss, 5.5 sacks, and two forced fumbles. He was first-team All ACC as a senior. Jarrett ran 5.06 at the Combine, also recording an impressive 31-inch vertical, 30 bench-press reps, and 31 on the Wonderlic. Described by Rotoworld draft guru Josh Norris as "90 percent of Aaron Donald," Jarrett is a quick-twitch interior rusher who defends the run well, which should translate to an every-down role in the pros. Jarrett is capable of playing both one- and three-technique tackle.

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are these the guys that talked Mayhew into reaching for Ebron last year? :crazy:
Im under the assumption that you guys think Mayhew does this alone?

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh ok. And who is responsible for the good ones?

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh ok. And who is responsible for the good ones?

We the fans if he is our guy.

I always gave credit to Zander's in the past. He was hired by Mayhew. So, if it is him on the good picks I have to give credit to Mayhew for hiring him. The bad picks or questionable ones are solely on Mayhew not Zanders. Just ask Muzz.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm still wondering how you guys know more than they do? Maybe they see this guys as a third round talent and someone they fill that can play a nice role. Whats so hard to understand about that?
Lmao, I was thinkign the exact same thing reading the comments from a few of these guys. Apparently they're of the belief that the talking heads and internet experts know more about where these players all should be going than do the professional scouts and personnel departments whose job it is to actually make the picks.

Imo, when a guy falls a round or two back from where he was "supposed" to go , that just means the media types obviously had said player too high on their respective lists. If 32 NFL teams disagree at least one time around, often two or three times around before some of these guys finally get drafted (Grady, DT, for example), then we were given poor analysis and an incorrect ranking by the media guys. It happens every year, no big deal, but yet people still get caught up on "reaches" and/or "slides" every draft...

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We the fans if he is our guy.

I always gave credit to Zander's in the past. He was hired by Mayhew. So, if it is him on the good picks I have to give credit to Mayhew for hiring him. The bad picks or questionable ones are solely on Mayhew not Zanders. Just ask Muzz.
Yup, bad picks are all on Mayhew, good ones are on Zanders......So sayeth the lord, Amen.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't want you too.... All I'm saying is we traded a 3rd rounder for a 4th rounder. Just think about that in it's most simple form.
How do you know where this guy was at on team's boards? Imo, if they traded up for him clearly they had him as a 3rd round talent slipping farther than he should have, in their eyes.

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The ones who's players win division titles and playoff games.

Some fans would rather just stick there heads in the sand and pretend just because someone does something professionally they're smarter than those who don't. Scouting just like any profession has those who are successful and some that are like the Lion's scouting department.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lmao, I was thinkign the exact same thing reading the comments from a few of these guys. Apparently they're of the belief that the talking heads and internet experts know more about where these players all should be going than do the professional scouts and personnel departments whose job it is to actually make the picks.

Imo, when a guy falls a round or two back from where he was "supposed" to go , that just means the media types obviously had said player too high on their respective lists. If 32 NFL teams disagree at least one time around, often two or three times around before some of these guys finally get drafted (Grady, DT, for example), then we were given poor analysis and an incorrect ranking by the media guys. It happens every year, no big deal, but yet people still get caught up on "reaches" and/or "slides" every draft...

Bennett and other DTs mentioned earlier are still available in the mid fifth. For as much I doubt Mayhew, should I doubt him when "our" guy is still there and other NFL execs passed also? He did not take my guys Jarrett or Bennett who went in the fifth or later... I had them going in second round. Right were the media made me feel they would go. We're all wrong.

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bennett and other DTs mentioned earlier are still available in the mid fifth. For as much I doubt Mayhew, should I doubt him when "our" guy is still there and other NFL execs passed also? He did not take my guys Jarrett or Bennett who went in the fifth or later... I had them going in second round. Right were the media made me feel they would go. We're all wrong.

The trade was what was stupid not the pick we could have got a good DT in the 5th