• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lions OFFICIAL 2015 NFL draft thread.

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably should fire Mayhew if he does not do this. Then of course we should still fire him when he is found guilty sitting next to Hernandez in a cell also for drafting him.

Agree 1000% that he should be fired either way :)

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably should fire Mayhew if he does not do this. Then of course we should still fire him when he is found guilty sitting next to Hernandez in a cell also for drafting him.

Or fire him if he drafts him and he becomes a great player. Just fire him

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did not realize that Anthony Harris was still available... he he absolutely should be in the mix for us with this last pick. Should be a quality back-up at the very least, also has the size to play either strong or free safety...

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck this bullshit, Im going to get really pissed if they dont draft anyone I wanted or the guys I had ranked really high. These muthafuckas had the nerve to make a few trades this year. This is bullshit because, I dont know...

Lol

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck this bullshit, Im going to get really pissed if they dont draft anyone I wanted or the guys I had ranked really high. These muthafuckas had the nerve to make a few trades this year. This is bullshit because, I dont know...

Lol

ostrich_head_in_sand.jpg

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here we go. Always important 7h round pick. Bet it's a WR

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fullback. I like that. Caldwell pick.

More and more I see this. I see a committed guy with a vision his coach had to sell him in the interview process. Kept hearing they need OL before a RB and they did that. Commiting to the run game as some said he needed to do to be successful. He is listening to the smart people here.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Corey Robinson. Bam! He was the OT I was going for

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we were not going to take the shot on Collins, then this is the guy I was eyeing. Raw, but could actually become a starting LT with his length, size and agility.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So a 2nd round OG in the 1st round, a scat back with fumbling issues in the 2nd.... we'll see how much of a "home run hitter" he is against NFL Ds, and a rotational DT project who doesn't rush the passer in the 4th that we gave up a pick next year to get ? Sounds like my Lions. The CB Carter in the 3rd sounds ok. I don't follow this nearly as much as the rest of you. I guess we'll have to wait a few months to see if these guys can play. Hate the Abdullah pick, though. He's one I saw play a few times. Big play back against inferior athletes ... not so much against better Ds was my take. I hope I'm wrong.

I have to say -- this made me laugh.

What you have to remember is -- they are all high character players though. :)

In all honesty -- Didn't mind the Tomlinson pick, even if I did think it was a little early -- He makes the team better. I liked we drafted a RB, but they lost me on why it was abdullah, unless they plan on using him as a 3rd down back to catch balls (fumbling issues, not good at blocking and small tells me he isn't going to be an every down RB). I liked we took a CB. Maybe Mayhew was trying to channel the Stanford mojo and get the next Richard Sherman -- what I didn't like is -- they say he struggles playing man coverage, which is what he will be doing on Detroit. I trust Austin though, so no complaints (a small complaint -- should have taken Carl Davis from Iowa -- other than that, I trust Austin). 4th round pick -- they must see something in that Auburn DT others didn't. Everything I read is, at best a rotational DT and with as little production as he had at Auburn -- I'm not sure he is going to ramp it up playing against the best of the best now. Seems like there were more talented DT's on the board, but I'm guessing he fits what Austin wants to do.

I haven't had the chance to see who the Lions drafted the rest of the way, as my son decided he wanted me to carry him in my arms while I cut the lawn. My house is on just under 3 lots, so my backyard is enormous and needless to say -- I've made better decisions in my life. Tough to say I'm hurting to a smiling 2 year old though. As long as he had fun -- I'll take the aches and pains tomorrow morning. :)

Go Lions.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Robinson is not only an athletic freak, dude put up a 40 on the wonderlic. Cant say enough how much I like this pick. Another smart, high character guy too.

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion but I think you may be selling them short on a couple of accounts. I feel like it all stems from hating Mayhew. There's a noticeable trend on this board. Most of the fans that Hate Mayhew tend to hate his decisions.

What if the Patriots drafted the same exact players we did? Tomlinson would ultimately be a great pick. Abdullah would be a great addition regardless of the small hands. Carter would somehow be an excellent prospect to coach up. Moving up to take Wright would be seen as a master move because they got someone they wanted. Everything would be gravy.

Brown and Coleman might look better in the fans eyes if they could've pulled that off in the first two rounds but surely fans would've complained about the OT or OG position. I guess if you replace Carter with Jarrett or Davis, that also looks better for whatever reason. If Mayhew keep that 3rd, we have no 4th which someone would've boldly said that Mayhew is stupid for not getting back in it. The media never spoke of Wright, therefore he sucks.

If the Lions sucked real bad, they end up with a Rams draft or Atlanta or Cleveland. Teams on the back end are at a disadvantage sometimes but thats not a excuse.

jayfan

{firestan}
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did we really use a pick on a fullback?

Last edited:

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fords should have cleaned house when they dumped Millen
I agree he should have. I was all for the three being fired together. He did not and prolly will not after this year either. He did too many things people here wanted to happen. Just was not exactly how they wanted it though.

jayfan

{firestan}
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion but I think you may be selling them short on a couple of accounts. I feel like it all stems from hating Mayhew. There's a noticeable trend on this board. Most of the fans that Hate Mayhew tend to hate his decisions.

What if the Patriots drafted the same exact players we did? Tomlinson would ultimately be a great pick. Abdullah would be a great addition regardless of the small hands. Carter would somehow be an excellent prospect to coach up. Moving up to take Wright would be seen as a master move because they got someone they wanted. Everything would be gravy.

Brown and Coleman might look better in the fans eyes if they could've pulled that off in the first two rounds but surely fans would've complained about the OT or OG position. I guess if you replace Carter with Jarrett or Davis, that also looks better for whatever reason. If Mayhew keep that 3rd, we have no 4th which someone would've boldly said that Mayhew is stupid for not getting back in it. The media never spoke of Wright, therefore he sucks.

If the Lions sucked real bad, they end up with a Rams draft or Atlanta or Cleveland. Teams on the back end are at a disadvantage sometimes but thats not a excuse.

How many times did the Patriots trade up?

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Larry Webster
Nevin Lawson
Devin Taylor
Ronnell Lewis
Jason Fox
Sammie Lee Hill

I think the results speak for themselves SLH was the best of the bunch, but Mayhew didn't think enough of him to give him a 2nd contract at least he has a chance to hit with a 3rd rounder(Warford)
in Mayhews defense, Ronnel Lewis ( 2 career tackles)not panning out wasn't his fault. He meant to draft Travis. (11 career tackles)So Then he did, in the 7th.