• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lions crush the Stafford trade

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For those of you who miss Stafford and despise Goff as much as I do. They are nearly the same in turnover rate. Justin Fields makes these two look like HoF QB's already having 12 fumbles in 2022 and 12 fumbles in 10 GS in 2021

Stafford career to date Games Started 188 ....... Total Career Int.'s 169 ...... Total Career Fumbles 77 ......... Turnover Average Per Game 1.31
Goff career to date Games Started 89 ................. Total Career Int.'s 69 ........ Total Career Fumbles 57 .......... Turnover Average Per Game 1.42

Allen Park — Turnovers have always been an issue for Jared Goff.

The Detroit Lions quarterback is responsible for nine giveaways through six games and now has 25 in his first 20 starts with the franchise. But even if you include his five seasons with Los Angeles Rams — which include a pair of Pro Bowl campaigns — he's averaged more than one turnover per game during his career.

I feel this is a bit cherry picked. If Goff played behind a bad line right now there would be a lot more leeway, but right now the oline is doing it'd job and Goff is just botching it.

Add in that Stafford has always been turnover prone, but it was combined with the ability to make throws just about nobody else could. He would attempt throws that most QB's would register as possible and make the attempt. Occasionally it led to magic, other times pick. Goff adds all the turnover with none of the upside.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel this is a bit cherry picked. If Goff played behind a bad line right now there would be a lot more leeway, but right now the oline is doing it'd job and Goff is just botching it.

Add in that Stafford has always been turnover prone, but it was combined with the ability to make throws just about nobody else could. He would attempt throws that most QB's would register as possible and make the attempt. Occasionally it led to magic, other times pick. Goff adds all the turnover with none of the upside.

Fair enough about cherry picking stats, but Stafford feeling overconfident in his arm strength and ability to thread a ball between multiple defenders is still an issue for him and always will be. Goff currently playing behind a good to very good O-Line one can assume is cherry picking in and of itself. Decker was out half the year in 2021 and Ragnow missed all but 3 games in 2021.

Goff's innate ability to be more fumble prone is more of worry of mine when you compare career games played and state that stat specifically.

Bottom line is that they're both highly turnover prone no matter how you break it down.

Stafford has had poor O-Line play this year.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did very well on this trade...Haven't really watched much but my understanding is you guys had one of the better drafts this past offseason...yet...Worst record in the league in a sus division.

You guys can't catch a break.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trade is finalized. Ramsbgotnthe championship, so hard to say they didn't win. However, that is a nice pull for trading a QB who asked out.

Jared Goff, Ifeatu Melifonwu, Jameson Williams, Josh Paschal, Jahmyr Gibbs, Sam LaPorta, Brodric Martin