• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lions crush the Stafford trade

LionsWhyMe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,325.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If this was Tennis, I'd agree with you. But Stafford didn't go 8-67. The Lions went 8-67. We know how the Lions have done without him in the past, in fact they were the worst team in the league when they drafted him #1 overall.
Yep a team effort, but Stafford was the ring leader. Had I not seen Calvin Johnson running crossing routes and leading two or three defenders to the ball carrier in 2012 against 49ers, I may never had caught on that the Lions were throwing games. YES, the Lions were shooting themselves in the foot on purpose IMHO. On blatant calls the Lions would roll over and lick their nuts, EVERY TIME.
And we pretty much know how they're going to do without him in the future, in fact we have a pretty good chance of being the worst team in the league and drafting #1 overall again.
It's not my fault you were wearing binders while Stafford was with the Lions. I have almost three pages of Stafford's 4th Quarter heroics. Would've been a whole more if I was around and able to post them. But anywho, I already sounded like a broken record repeating the same 4th Quarter heroics time and time and time again.
4th Quarter Heroics
But this year we'll get to see how Stafford does without the Lions. Personally I don't think anyone will be calling him phony after this season, but I could be wrong.
Of course not, he's most likely getting paid to do more than just sell tickets now. Stafford was PHONY as the Lions!!!

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Leaving the Lions has made Stafford more talented. He has jumped from 52 to 24 in ESPN's top 100 list. I knew the Lions are terrible, but I did not realize that leaving the team actually increases your talent as well.

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Stafford can't win in the playoffs."

His best RB fumbled the ball twice in the second half.
His best WR fumbled the ball away in crunch time.
His defense let TB score 24 straight points in just over 1 quarter.

Playing on the road against the defending Superbowl champions, Matthew Stafford just straight up outplayed GOAT Tom Brady. In the playoffs.

Tom Brady has played a lot of QB's in the playoffs. He's won most of the time, but he's lost a handful too. Even in his losses not many QB's have ever outplayed Brady in the playoffs. Flacco once beat Tom by going 4/10 for 34 yards and an INT. This wasn't that. Stafford won that game.

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even thought the Rams pick will be late 1st, the Lions still did really well on the Stafford trade.

Holmes and Campbell’s first draft was pretty good overall. Got an OT you can plug on the line for 10+ years, and stud WR to replace Golladay, and some really solid defensive players that are only going to continue to improve over the years.

As a Rams fan, I didn’t like them giving up so many 1st round picks for Stafford, but that was necessary due to the Rams extending Goff too early and needing to unload his salary.

And unlike most Rams fans, I still believe Goff can be a good QB in this league with the right weapons and a solid OL. You guys already have Swift, Hock and Brown, so the pieces are already there.

And you guys had some bad luck with last second losses this season ( especially Baltimore ). But, at least you got better draft position to continue to build the foundation of your team.

The QB class is not good this year, so you guys are better off waiting another year to address the position if Goff doesn’t improve next season.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even thought the Rams pick will be late 1st, the Lions still did really well on the Stafford trade.

Holmes and Campbell’s first draft was pretty good overall. Got an OT you can plug on the line for 10+ years, and stud WR to replace Golladay, and some really solid defensive players that are only going to continue to improve over the years.

As a Rams fan, I didn’t like them giving up so many 1st round picks for Stafford, but that was necessary due to the Rams extending Goff too early and needing to unload his salary.

And unlike most Rams fans, I still believe Goff can be a good QB in this league with the right weapons and a solid OL. You guys already have Swift, Hock and Brown, so the pieces are already there.

And you guys had some bad luck with last second losses this season ( especially Baltimore ). But, at least you got better draft position to continue to build the foundation of your team.

The QB class is not good this year, so you guys are better off waiting another year to address the position if Goff doesn’t improve next season.
I still love the trade. The Panthers offer would have been awesome, assuming the Lions would have taken Parsons with it, but that is no guarantee. 2 1sts, even late 1sts is a pretty good deal for a team looking to rebuild.

jayfan

{firestan}
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still love the trade. The Panthers offer would have been awesome, assuming the Lions would have taken Parsons with it, but that is no guarantee. 2 1sts, even late 1sts is a pretty good deal for a team looking to rebuild.

I still don't mind the trade, either. But in typical Lions fashion, worse came to worst.

Last edited:

jayfan

{firestan}
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if Holmes would have agreed to the trade had he known up front that this year's 1st would be pick #32.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if Holmes would have agreed to the trade had he known up front that this year's 1st would be pick #32.
I think he would have. He had to know at best it would have been mid 20's, and he turned down a top 10. I honestly hope hop we end up with the 32 pick both years! Love seeing Stafford win.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he would have. He had to know at best it would have been mid 20's, and he turned down a top 10. I honestly hope hop we end up with the 32 pick both years! Love seeing Stafford win.

Gear down there, Turbos.

That's why I want Matt to win this year. Next year, the Rams pick will be better than ours.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gear down there, Turbos.

That's why I want Matt to win this year. Next year, the Rams pick will be better than ours.
No idea where the Rams end up next year. I just hope Stafford wins it all again.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No idea where the Rams end up next year. I just hope Stafford wins it all again.

I hope he wins it this year and goes 6-11 next year.

My Stafford love only goes so far. I'm still a Lions fan.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope he wins it this year and goes 6-11 next year.

My Stafford love only goes so far. I'm still a Lions fan.
I’d like to see him miss the playoffs like usual tbh.

If nothing else, so people will stfu about his dewsh HC.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’d like to see him miss the playoffs like usual tbh.

If nothing else, so people will stfu about his dewsh HC.
Rams will be a billion dollars over the cap in a couple years.

Picklerick 2.0

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everybody won. The Rams put all their money on the table and went yolo. They hit the jackpot so it worked for them. The lions got a ton in return.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For those of you who miss Stafford and despise Goff as much as I do. They are nearly the same in turnover rate. Justin Fields makes these two look like HoF QB's already having 12 fumbles in 2022 and 12 fumbles in 10 GS in 2021

Stafford career to date Games Started 188 ....... Total Career Int.'s 169 ...... Total Career Fumbles 77 ......... Turnover Average Per Game 1.31
Goff career to date Games Started 89 ................. Total Career Int.'s 69 ........ Total Career Fumbles 57 .......... Turnover Average Per Game 1.42

Allen Park — Turnovers have always been an issue for Jared Goff.

The Detroit Lions quarterback is responsible for nine giveaways through six games and now has 25 in his first 20 starts with the franchise. But even if you include his five seasons with Los Angeles Rams — which include a pair of Pro Bowl campaigns — he's averaged more than one turnover per game during his career.