• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lions 2020 FA thread

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not sure why Suh would want to. His hard play is respected on other teams, on the Lions it is dirty and he is the worst person to ever be born ever.

Thats because when you step on the NFL's beloved Packers players you get blackballed.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BQ needn't spend on a FA RG this off-season other than Glasgow and that isn't going to happen either.

Expect another versatile iOL who can/has played both C/OG at CFB level to be drafted this year.

I wouldn't count on Benzschawel to be the heir apparent at RG either after going UDFA this past year.

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Assessing Detroit Lions' NFL draft options: Jeff Okudah? Derrick Brown? Isaiah Simmons?

“If I’m the Detroit Lions, obviously they’re a team that plays man-to-man as much as anybody with the exception of the New England Patriots, so I would consider taking a corner that is a proven corner like a Jeff Okudah from Ohio State because he’s the best one in the draft,” Brooks said.

Brooks said Okudah is a game-changing talent as well.

“If I could compare him to somebody, I’d compare him to a Darrelle Revis,” Brooks said. “And the reason I would compare him to Revis is because for all the things that Revis was, he was solid and consistent each and every day until he got old. So if you got an opportunity to get a player that you know that I can put out there and he’s going to be able to do that, I would line up (to take him).”

I would be happy with Okudah over those guys. Just not Young.
Would also be a bit disappointed if they couldn't trade down with Miami if Young goes #2.
Should be an easy extra first rounder for the Lions, if not an additional second rounder as well.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought that is what Ragnow was supposed to fix?
Run game still sucks major ass every year. No matter the excuse it seems.

Wagner was hurt last year and Glasgow just is not good. I hope we let him go. We ran better with Crosby in the game too. Need a RG that can play. Also Badger Beau is going to be the inside swing guy so he is not taking over. Most likely Draft a RT and play him at RG 1 year and then he takes over the following year at RT when Wagner leaves. We will need a FA G as well IMO. Dahl does not seem to be progressing enough but might get 1 more shot next year.

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wagner was hurt last year and Glasgow just is not good. I hope we let him go. We ran better with Crosby in the game too. Need a RG that can play. Also Badger Beau is going to be the inside swing guy so he is not taking over. Most likely Draft a RT and play him at RG 1 year and then he takes over the following year at RT when Wagner leaves. We will need a FA G as well IMO. Dahl does not seem to be progressing enough but might get 1 more shot next year.

Dahl and Glasgow are mid round wiffs. Along with Wagner sucking huge balls every since he got paid. I really don't trust Gingerdick to find any talent along the o-line in the draft unless he burns the top pick on one.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought that is what Ragnow was supposed to fix?
Run game still sucks major ass every year. No matter the excuse it seems.

Ragnow isn't/was't the problem when running the ball and neither was Glasgow.

It's was Wagner and our all world TE corps that couldn't get it done.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Glasgow just is not good. I hope we let him go

WTF have you been watching ?

Glasgow has been a great addition to this team whether in the run game or pass-pro.

For gawd's sake if a damn player isn't Pro-Bowl bound by the time he's drafted then said player is worthless. That's @Old Lion and @Rollingthndr train of thought.

Glasgow is so much better than your Pats OL Thunney who isn't all that good at run blocking and the latter has played one primary position while Glasgow has started and played better than just average at 3 iOL positions.

Obviously BQ isn't willing to spend in excess of 10M average per year on an iOL when he's going to pony up major $$$ to extend Decker and Golladay.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope Glasgow ends up signing with the Raven's should Marshall Yanda retire this year.

At least Glasgow playing for the Raven's will be able to play for a winning franchise that'll be competing in the playoffs for years to come instead of shit-show like the Lion's.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Glasgow has been a great addition to this team whether in the run game or pass-pro.

For gawd's sake if a damn player isn't Pro-Bowl bound by the time he's drafted then said player is worthless. That's @Old Lion and @Rollingthndr train of thought.

Glasgow is so much better than your Pats OL Thunney who isn't all that good at run blocking and the latter has played one primary position while Glasgow has started and played better than just average at 3 iOL positions.

Obviously BQ isn't willing to spend in excess of 10M average per year on an iOL when he's going to pony up major $$$ to extend Decker and Golladay.

How can this be possible? Glasgow has never been on the Patriots!

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Maybe I should ask you the same. His run blocking was sub par and he was a revolving door in pass blocking. Thuney was no better this year I agree. Glasgow played better at C and LG then he did at RG. The right side was a disaster this year.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His run blocking was sub par

This tidbit I could somewhat agree with to a certain extent when comparing against the leagues main 32 starters at RG.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he was a revolving door in pass blocking.

far fetched imo. I wouldn't state top 5 in pass-pro but I tend to believe top 10-12 for all OG or close enough. Wiggins sure as hell isn't that and could not play LG, C (period) or even RG anywhere near what Glasgow has shown.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Old Lion

How many starters on the offensive line will return in 2020?

Bob Quinn has spent a lot, from draft assets to free agent capital, on improving the offensive line, and their 2019 performance was one of the few positives on the year. Despite the perplexing guard rotation, the line held quite well over the course of the season. PFF ranked the Lions’ offensive line 11th overall, and that success is highly attributed to three players: Taylor Decker, Graham Glasgow, and Frank Ragnow.

The trio—all Quinn draft picks—were among the top rated linemen per PFF, with Decker as their 18th-ranked tackle, Glasgow the ninth-ranked guard, and Ragnow the sixth-ranked center. The other starters, Joe Dahl and Rick Wagner, performed admirably too. Despite the fact that the Lions were without Matthew Stafford and Kerryon Johnson for a majority of the season, the offensive line were a consistent force for the team, even if the end results were not positive.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
far fetched imo. I wouldn't state top 5 in pass-pro but I tend to believe top 10-12 for all OG or close enough. Wiggins sure as hell isn't that and could not play LG, C (period) or even RG anywhere near what Glasgow has shown.

Very true. I can not guarantee either that some of those pressures were not Wiggins so I might be overstating.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Old Lion

How many starters on the offensive line will return in 2020?

Bob Quinn has spent a lot, from draft assets to free agent capital, on improving the offensive line, and their 2019 performance was one of the few positives on the year. Despite the perplexing guard rotation, the line held quite well over the course of the season. PFF ranked the Lions’ offensive line 11th overall, and that success is highly attributed to three players: Taylor Decker, Graham Glasgow, and Frank Ragnow.

The trio—all Quinn draft picks—were among the top rated linemen per PFF, with Decker as their 18th-ranked tackle, Glasgow the ninth-ranked guard, and Ragnow the sixth-ranked center. The other starters, Joe Dahl and Rick Wagner, performed admirably too. Despite the fact that the Lions were without Matthew Stafford and Kerryon Johnson for a majority of the season, the offensive line were a consistent force for the team, even if the end results were not positive.

GG must have done better at the end of the year. I did not watch much of the last 6 games. I agree with Decker and Ragnow for sure.