• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lions 2020 FA thread

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think of the TRENCHES first, always have.

So, you heard me on depth!! The asinine way... trading Quandre Diggs away and then trading Slay for a void.

Go read my post in the 2020 draft. It's their way or the highway and I find that style of FO/HC to be idiotic. Hoodie can get away with that but this shit where a 1st time GM and HC believing they've already earned that right is laughable.

Does BQ/MP believe in trenches first. I know BQ has added to the trenches in every draft to date.

Positional breakdown: Don’t be too sure DE is high on the Lions’ needs list

“Obviously, the more pass-rushers the better, right? You want to get after the quarterback. But I think we always talk about: Is it pass rush, or if the coverage is a little better, will the pass rush get there? So it’s always a combination – then you throw in: How many times are you going to blitz per game? So to answer your question, yes, always like another pass-rusher, those are hard to come by. But I think it’s always a combination of those things when you really evaluate the whole body of work in terms of trying to get after the quarterback”

We also have seen the Lions prioritize coverage over pass rush since Patricia came in. They’ve drafted safeties in the third round of back-to-back drafts. They signed a nickel corner to a record-breaking deal. They’ve tried to throw a ton of money at Richard Sherman and trade for Chris Harris Jr. And with the Lions’ No. 2 cornerback job just as open as ever—and Darius Slay’s future in Detroit very much in question—I think this team views the back end problems as much more urgent than their edge issues, and that could mean an underwhelming offseason at the defensive end position this year.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doubt it really matters DL or CB they'll look like trash because of MP

For me, I'll take a possible CB1 every time in the draft over a possible star in the making NT.

But, you're right in that MP will screw this up either way.

BQ/MP can't draft or sign a FA LB that's worth a damn to use in their garbage scheme and that's the one area that is suppose to make the DL shine. It hasn't to date and won't with the players they have at off-ball LB

Last edited:

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I finally gave Okudah a good look. He looks really good reminds me of Charles Woodson

Assessing Detroit Lions' NFL draft options: Jeff Okudah? Derrick Brown? Isaiah Simmons?

“If I’m the Detroit Lions, obviously they’re a team that plays man-to-man as much as anybody with the exception of the New England Patriots, so I would consider taking a corner that is a proven corner like a Jeff Okudah from Ohio State because he’s the best one in the draft,” Brooks said.

Brooks said Okudah is a game-changing talent as well.

“If I could compare him to somebody, I’d compare him to a Darrelle Revis,” Brooks said. “And the reason I would compare him to Revis is because for all the things that Revis was, he was solid and consistent each and every day until he got old. So if you got an opportunity to get a player that you know that I can put out there and he’s going to be able to do that, I would line up (to take him).”

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don’t expect the Lions to make many offseason changes at LB

Overall, though, there has been nothing to suggest that the Lions are interested in making any sweeping changes with their linebacking corps. Don’t be surprised if they go into 2020 with most the same personnel intact.

This is what I expect them to do regarding finding, draft or FA, other LB this year.

Not A Damn Thing.

AT Jack LB I expect them to draft one because Austin Bryant isn't that. I would expect Bryant to become the eventual replacement for Okwara.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^^^^

Maybe that will become BQ/MP achille's heel and expedite their dismissal. Doubt it.

These two idiots will be here until end of 2021 even if the losing continues.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^^^^

Tavai has exceeded Davis' grade and play and draft slot in just one year.

Still not a fan of Tavai or Christian Jones either but the geniuses love these type of players.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If you click on the FA list link it'll open in a new window and click again it'll expand.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think just lineman in FA this year. Probably noone of substance at skill positions. I would like to pick up a LB or 2 but I just dont like many out there. Maybe Kendricks.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Go read my post in the 2020 draft. It's their way or the highway and I find that style of FO/HC to be idiotic. Hoodie can get away with that but this shit where a 1st time GM and HC believing they've already earned that right is laughable.

This.

All damn day long.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How much should Slay receive if extended for 3 years ?

45M-48M ?

22M - 25M guaranteed ?

30M guaranteed ?

He just turned 29 on Jan. 1st this year.

Slay’s current average annual salary of $12.037 million ranks 14th among all cornerbacks. His 4-year deal expires at the end of the 2020 season.

There are just two cornerbacks who earn an average of $15 million per year: Xavien Howard and Josh Norman.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There’s only two guys I want in this draft assuming Burrow goes 1 and Young goes 2. That’s Tua at 3 or trade back and get Okudah at 5. That’s it. Any other scenario and I’ll be extremely disappointed with BQ.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Originally, I was steadfast in wanting Georgia LT Thomas, but adding Okudah is of greater current need and provides the most impact on the defensive side of the ball.

You can add Okudah's teammate, WR KJ Hill, as another player I want that should be relatively easy to draft somewhere in the 3rd round (not necessarily at our current slot of #67 overall)

Putting KJ Hill in the slot solidifies that position (it's not the only position you can play him at) and should open up the boundaries for MJ and KG not to mention hoping Hockenson is utilized more as a receiving option this upcoming season.

mid 3rd round and later slot options for this draft: KJ Hill, Devin DuVernay, Quintez Cephus, James Proche.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There’s only two guys I want in this draft assuming Burrow goes 1 and Young goes 2. That’s Tua at 3 or trade back and get Okudah at 5. That’s it. Any other scenario and I’ll be extremely disappointed with BQ.

My opinion of him is so low at this point I don't think he can disappoint me.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My opinion of him is so low at this point I don't think he can disappoint me.

Yeah it’s been pretty bad. Now, if he brings Suh back, All will be forgiven.

:D

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah it’s been pretty bad. Now, if he brings Suh back, All will be forgiven.

:D

I am not sure why Suh would want to. His hard play is respected on other teams, on the Lions it is dirty and he is the worst person to ever be born ever.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not sure why Suh would want to. His hard play is respected on other teams, on the Lions it is dirty and he is the worst person to ever be born ever.

Word from reliable sources say he wants to end his career here he wanted to come back last year and that will only take an extra $1 million over the next highest better to get him here, I hope it’s true.