• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lions 2020 FA thread

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Report: Lions discussing long-term deal with Darius Slay, but trade still possible

We’re only a month away from the start of free agency, but it appears the Detroit Lions are working on a deal that could keep star cornerback Darius Slay on the team for years to come.

According to ESPN’s Jeremy Fowler, the Lions and Slay “continue to discuss a long-term contract.” But before you get all excited about Slay sticking around for the next few years, Fowler also suggests that things are trending towards the Pro Bowl cornerback being placed back on the trade block.

“But the expectation exists that he could re-enter the trade market if no deal is reached in coming weeks, per source,” Fowler tweeted. “Both sides have been at this for a while, still no deal for 2021 (free agency).”

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Get Slay locked down for another 2-3 years beyond the 2020 season.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Garnett is probably nothing more than competition.

This will be a telltale sign that BQ is moving on from the ultra versatile iOL Graham Glasgow

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Lions do extend Slay I see no reason not to go after Okudah if he's still available regardless of what @LionsWhyMe thinks or wants for iDL first.

BQ disagrees with your assessment @LionsWhyMe favoring iDL or coverage CB.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Re-Sign S Tavon Wilson, imo.

He was solid down the stretch and brings leadership and can continue to mentor Walker and Harris.

Wilson will never be an above average coverage S but he's a fit for this system that could be that 3rd safety in dime and a plus should any injuries occur this season to that group.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should Snacks retire (he already did mentally once he talked about the possibility of doing so) BQ will be looking for another NT. The market value seems high for the following and I don't see them pursuing anyone above the 8-9M per year average.

Javon Hargrave

Javon Hargrave Stats | Pro-Football-Reference.com

D.J. Reader

D.J. Reader Stats | Pro-Football-Reference.com

Danny Shelton

Danny Shelton Stats | Pro-Football-Reference.com

Jordan Phillips

Jordan Phillips Stats | Pro-Football-Reference.com

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let A' Shawn walk.

The only time he's played well was when Ngata or Snacks were healthy. He provides little outside of a rotation type and has we've more than likely seen his max play.

Does Snacks’ murky future make A’Shawn Robinson a priority re-signing?

Actual role in 2019
2019 Stats: 13 games (9 starts): 40 tackles, 1.5 sacks, 3 passes defended, 1 forced fumble
PFF Grade: 56.0 (101st of 120 qualifying DTs—20% of snaps)

Shockingly, the Lions run defense struggled out of the gate, and Robinson played a big part in that. Though he started the season strong, his production quickly deteriorated as the season went on.

He remained a liability as a pass rusher, and while his run defending was adequate, he very clearly did not take the next step in his progression and, instead, became a key piece in Detroit’s most disappointing unit in 2019.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Garnett is probably nothing more than competition.

This will be a telltale sign that BQ is moving on from the ultra versatile iOL Graham Glasgow

He has to better than Oboushi though. Worst case is he fills that spot.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should Snacks retire (he already did mentally once he talked about the possibility of doing so) BQ will be looking for another NT. The market value seems high for the following and I don't see them pursuing anyone above the 8-9M per year average.

Javon Hargrave

Javon Hargrave Stats | Pro-Football-Reference.com

D.J. Reader

D.J. Reader Stats | Pro-Football-Reference.com

Danny Shelton

Danny Shelton Stats | Pro-Football-Reference.com

Jordan Phillips

Jordan Phillips Stats | Pro-Football-Reference.com

Shelton would fit. I liked him coming out of college.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would be nice to see some teams trade up well before the draft. If SD trades up with the Skins that would be ideal. We could force the Phins to trade up a spot or threaten to trade our pick to CAR. They would have no choice. Best of all we would end up with Chase Young and an extra draft pick.

LionsWhyMe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,325.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if he's still available regardless of what @LionsWhyMe thinks or wants for iDL first.
@LionsWhyMe favoring iDL or coverage CB.
I think of the TRENCHES first, always have.
If the Lions do extend Slay I see no reason not to go after Okudah
So, you heard me on depth!! The asinine way... trading Quandre Diggs away and then trading Slay for a void.
BQ disagrees with your assessment
T.J. Hockenson was like showing off your new car in week one and then putting it the garage. But, pretty much stated that in the pre-season.

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Lions do extend Slay I see no reason not to go after Okudah if he's still available regardless of what @LionsWhyMe thinks or wants for iDL first.

BQ disagrees with your assessment @LionsWhyMe favoring iDL or coverage CB.

I finally gave Okudah a good look. He looks really good reminds me of Charles Woodson

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Logan Ryan played for the Patriots, there is literally 0% chance he does not end up on the Lions.

You can add iDL Danny Shelton to that list if Snacks retires and maybe still even if Snacks doesn't retire.

My belief is once a player talks about retirement then they've already checked out mentally.