• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lions 2020 Draft Watch

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
During the bye week of 2008, William Clay Ford and Millen still remained friends.

The Fire Millen Campaign started late in 2005 season just before playing at Lambeau (Lions got screwed out of a Safety and the Free Kick). Millen still got a five year contract extension even though the fan base was disappointed (FIRE MILLEN) in the way Millen was running the Organization into the ground.

Marinelli gets hired on in 2006 ...fire Millen, fire Millen chanting by the fan base until even the media got in on it. LOL... Marinelli got rid of Pro Bowler Dre Bly because he wasn't the "right personnel" just before the defense bottomed out at 32nd in 2007-08.

Okay, 2008... Marinelli was a mediator between Millen, the fan base and media. Four preseason wins before looking like shit in the regular season, Millen was oust due to the outrage. The following week two blatant calls by the officials in the forth quarter to help the Vikings win during Dan Orlovsky first start. With Millen out of the way the media and fan base turned their attention towards Joe Barry (Marinelli son-in-law) and the tampa2 defense, mostly. You had Dominic Raiola giving fans the middle finger (IIRC they were attacking his family too). Can't forget about the Reporter that used Marinelli daughter to attack Marinelli.

IMHO, the Lions will always be schedule fillers, overpaid actors, sandbaggers and do just enough to sell tickets until the NFL and Lions Organization gets their way. Cheesy!!!
Tiny Dancer offered to fight people on his lawn. And not just Tuba players from Wisconsin. Grown ups en shit. So awesome.

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agnew will probably be gone as well. He hasn't proved anything as a DB and KR/PR are dime a dozen

which will sit well with @broncosmitty

When Detroit picked the back I thought return man. That means Agnew is toast and Ty Johnson will be in competition for his job.

I am ok with this. Agnew offered little as a DB.

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I liked the two Guards. Detroit has so many holes they would not be filled in the draft.

Out of two guards 1 hopefully both contribute. But you have 2x the chance. That is one less position to address or draft next year. Same goes with RB.

I watched the Packers use this philosophy. It worked well for them.

I would have liked a DT earlier but didn't see much difference between round 4 guys and round 6 guys at DT.

As for other North Teams:

Vikings did an ok job. I didn't like their first two picks like some of the talking heads.

I like Shenault and Higgins better than Jefferson.

Gladney was ok but only because CB had such a run not much was left. It would have been even worse if the Raiders had a clue and didn't reach for a 3rd rounder in the middle of round 1. Dantzler was a solid pick in the third and offers as much upside as Gladney.

Everything after round 4 is a crap shoot. I like Dye but 4th round LBs are 4th round for a reason.

The Packers could have waited 2-3 more years for AR replacement. They were in the NFC Championship game. It's hard to think Higgins or Shenault wouldn't have helped AR right away. Plus the dynamics in the locker room will be interesting. I absolutely love Dillion as a big bruising back. But not until the 4th round. 2nd way to high for him.

The TE would have been a better pick earlier with a more upside guy.

The Bears = Dumpster Fire.

Just my 2cents.

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tiny Dancer offered to fight people on his lawn. And not just Tuba players from Wisconsin. Grown ups en shit. So awesome.

Fat Pat is the coaching version of tiny dancer. Insufferable but impressive feet. The way he gracefully climbed to the top of his gatorade fort with a cast on his foot cannot be replicated by many.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fat Pat is the coaching version of tiny dancer. Insufferable but impressive feet. The way he gracefully climbed to the top of his gatorade fort with a cast on his foot cannot be replicated by many.
If nothing else is accomplished while he's here, his Gatorade fort was worth it.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's the junior high kid they wasted a pick on three years ago, right?

Yeah, I'm not down with return men occupying a roster spot. Amendola can do it. I am cool with drafting S/LBers and TE/LBers that will play Special Teams. But we don't do that.

I was hoping, at the time of the pick, that Agnew would become that "late round value steal pick" as a slot CB. Nope. I was dead wrong.

I'm all for rooting for the underdog type.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was hoping, at the time of the pick, that Agnew would become that "late round value steal pick" as a slot CB. Nope. I was dead wrong.

He has not been the same since the knee injury. It is do or die for him this year. I wont write him off until I see him this year. Sometimes knee injuries take a full year before complete recovery. Mine did.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Im concerned with Okudah never really playing against NFL talented receivers. Aside from practice.

Agnew didn't even bring me the optimism I had for Chris Greenwood.

Neither of which are Tim Toone.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has not been the same since the knee injury. It is do or die for him this year. I wont write him off until I see him this year. Sometimes knee injuries take a full year before complete recovery. Mine did.
He was awful as a rookie returning kickoffs. Broke a couple punts and people forgot about the kickoffs. I didn't.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rumor is this late round RB we drafted will be converted to slot WR.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im concerned with Okudah never really playing against NFL talented receivers. Aside from practice.

I know you are but Lattimore and to a lessor extent Ward (he missed a few games this year) have faired well against NFL WR after having covering BG10 WR.

I do get your cause for pause though.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rumor is this late round RB we drafted will be converted to slot WR.

Hogwash.

Some media guy brought this up due one scout stating this.
It's grown centipede legs since. BQ stated that he views Huntley in the mode of McKissick.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wont write him off until I see him this year.

you won't see him on the final 53.

Had he achieved any improvement on the defense that would be different. He hasn't.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why the Detroit Lions’ Day 2 draft haul looks much better after seeing complete class - Pride Of Detroit

Long article but a good read to explain why two picks were made for OG.

OL scheme is thought to be changing and why the personnel change came about. Letting Glasgow go and signing Big V and then drafting two OG.

Also, it touches on the why on drafting Swift when we had a similar type of RB on the roster.

Scheme change, on paper, should help those two RB immensely.

Kerryon was more efficient in the run game that Malzhan had. Swift isn't any different, imo.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hogwash.

Some media guy brought this up due one scout stating this.
It's grown centipede legs since. BQ stated that he views Huntley in the mode of McKissick.

Oh.