• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lions 2020 Draft Watch

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NFL Draft grades: Assessing all 9 Detroit Lions picks

Speaking of PFF, they really like Penisini over there and had him 104th overall on their big board with a run grade of 90.6 last year.

Walking around at about 320 or so pounds and with how he was used at Utah, I’d expect that the Lions view Penisini as a nose tackle for them and should be in contention for that backup nose slot behind Danny Shelton.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
National media hand out several 'A' grades for Lions 2020 draft class

NFL.com
They hit the offensive line again with Stenberg, who has exactly the type of nastiness and strength you want up front — at times it got the best of him during his collegiate career, though, so maturity will be a factor in how fast he can contribute.

USA Today Draft Wire
The Lions scored big by doubling up on two of this year’s best guard prospects in the third and fourth rounds with Ohio State’s Jonah Jackson and Kentucky’s Logan Stenberg.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
National media hand out several 'A' grades for Lions 2020 draft class

PFF gave the Lions an “A”, with high praise for both the Julian Okwara and Jackson selections:
Jackson is quite easily my favorite pass-protecting guard prospect in the entire draft. On 460 pass-blocking snaps last season, Jackson allowed all of 10 pressures. Of those 10, only one came via a true one-on-one pass-rushing situation. This was nothing new, though, as he allowed even fewer pressures in 2018 (seven) on 398 pass-blocking snaps at right guard for Rutgers before transferring.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NFL Draft grades: Assessing all 9 Detroit Lions picks

Stenberg’s mentality and brute force style brings some much needed toughness to the run game, but he’s no slouch in the passing game either. In 2018 and 2019, Stenberg gave up zero sacks on a total of 601 pass blocking snaps. I guess that’s pretty good.

BB_72: Damn, I love this pick more and more. He might become best value pick but Swift or Jackson or even Huntley could end up being that choice. Time will tell. Maybe he isn't day 1 starter at RG but he sure as hell should be over Benzschawel or Garnett

He is definitely a good value. I was just disappointed we didnt take a chance on a potential superstar with the second guard pick.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm with you on that thought but hoping it's by or before week 4 if not out of training camp.

Love that dudes demeanor. You got to watch some highlights on his play. It'll get you pumped for what could possibly be the Lions best OL in decades (Like back to early - mid 90's) possibly better (outlier will be the Hawaiian RT).

Decker LT
Jackson LG
Ragnow OC
Stenberg RG
Big V (not so excited there)

Maybe with Stenberg next to him Lollapalooza wont play like a "Big V"

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

BB_72: competition he played against isn't a tell tale sign but 4.4 speed and ability to cut on a dime and COD is legit.

I like the fact that he returns well. He will see the field right away if they cut Ty Johnson because we dont have much after Agnew for returners.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the fact that he returns well. He will see the field right away if they cut Ty Johnson because we dont have much after Agnew for returners.

Agnew will probably be gone as well. He hasn't proved anything as a DB and KR/PR are dime a dozen

which will sit well with @broncosmitty

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is definitely a good value. I was just disappointed we didnt take a chance on a potential superstar with the second guard pick.

Muti hadn't been able to stay on the field is the most likely reason as to why. assuming that's who you were referring to.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Grading the Lions selection of offensive guard Logan Stenberg

tenberg is far from the most athletic guard in the class, and his penchant for penalties can’t continue in the NFL. But when paired with Jackson, the Lions have given center Frank Ragnow two brawlers and maulers for both the right and left side. Combined with second-round selection D’Andre Swift, the Lions have spent a lot of draft capital to improve a moribund running game.

Given the other players left on the board, and the fact that the Lions picked up an extra fifth-round pick when the traded down with Oakland before selecting Stenberg, there’s a lot to like about this pick. The Lions offensive line could use a bit more of a mean streak, and Stenberg will bring that in spades.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Logan Stenberg evaluations from 2020 NFL Draft guides

although his 14 penalties ranked second-most among all interior linemen at the FBS level. Stenberg competes with a mauling attitude and is not only physically aggressive, but he works to dominate the mental game as well, getting into the heads of defensive linemen.

“Watching Stenberg’s tape you almost have to ask if he’s too physical? The man was flagged a ridiculous 14 times this past season because he simply will not let defenders off of his blocks. He leads the NCAA by my unofficial tally in pancake blocks with the running back well past him. Those vice grip hands will serve him well in the NFL, but some offensive line coach needs to reel him in to some degree or he’ll be a flag machine. I’ll take my chances with all the good on tape though.”

His hands can be like vice grips in that when he locks onto a defensive lineman, odds that a defender can shed his block are very minimal at best.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Need to bring back Teez, we can finally test his coverage skills now that we have the 1wr in the league he is faster than.

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the way Stafford throws we have to have receivers that are unquestionable when it comes to catches. He just does not throw a very catch-able ball.

He has over 40,000 passing yards.
Someone has to be catching them.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has over 40,000 passing yards.
Someone has to be catching them.

Guys with very good hands. I bet Stafford has more of his passes dropped then most any other QB in the league. Couldnt find the stat for though.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agnew will probably be gone as well. He hasn't proved anything as a DB and KR/PR are dime a dozen

which will sit well with @broncosmitty
He's the junior high kid they wasted a pick on three years ago, right?

Yeah, I'm not down with return men occupying a roster spot. Amendola can do it. I am cool with drafting S/LBers and TE/LBers that will play Special Teams. But we don't do that.