• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lions 2015 schedule thread

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lifetime avatar bet. Dolphins finish with more wins than the Lions. Agree?

I'll make a lifetime avatar bet with you. I'll bet you Suh finishes with less sacks, tackles, QB pressures, Passes Defensed, and QB hits than Watt next year.

All Suh has to do is beat him in one of those categories.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You said if Suh was as good as Watt the Lions would have paid him more than Watt, but the Dolphins did anyways.

Actually -- I said if Suh was as PRODUCTIVE as JJ Watt -- the Lions would have had no issue matching what he was offered on the open market.

Suh had his choice to go where ever he wanted because of our tremendous front office. Watt couldn't go anywhere, as he was under contract for two more years. I'm guessing you understand there is a slight difference between the two situations.

After seeing what Suh was paid -- If JJ Watt hit the open market -- I'd guess he would be offered franchise QB type of money.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thing is, JJ Watt won't hit the open market. Just like franchise QBs don't.

He's too Valueable.

Only the Lions man, only the Lions.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thing is, JJ Watt won't hit the open market. Just like franchise QBs don't.

He's too Valueable.

Only the Lions man, only the Lions.

Yep -- This I agree with 100%. That is why they made him the highest paid defensive player while he still had two more years left on his rookie deal. While the Lions had to make a choice of paying Suh 27 million to tag him, as well as the 9 million in dead money or let him walk.

Don't get me wrong -- I'd LOVE to have Suh on the Lions. For the absurd amount he signed for though -- he isn't worth it.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually -- I said if Suh was as PRODUCTIVE as JJ Watt -- the Lions would have had no issue matching what he was offered on the open market.

Suh had his choice to go where ever he wanted because of our tremendous front office. Watt couldn't go anywhere, as he was under contract for two more years. I'm guessing you understand there is a slight difference between the two situations.

After seeing what Suh was paid -- If JJ Watt hit the open market -- I'd guess he would be offered franchise QB type of money.

Of course he would. That's how the NFL works. I said Suh would get paid more than Watt when he was still w the Lions, while you all guessed he get paid like Geno Adkins or something.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
False. Dolphins have won 6 games vs winning teams over the past 3 years to the Lions 2.

I know Miami way better than you ever have, or ever will.

You consider six wins successful? I still consider that a mediocre team just like the lions.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep -- This I agree with 100%. That is why they made him the highest paid defensive player while he still had two more years left on his rookie deal. While the Lions had to make a choice of paying Suh 27 million to tag him, as well as the 9 million in dead money or let him walk.

Mayhew had a chance to sign Suh to a 100 million dollar contract last year before Watt signed his, and Mayhew balked.

Huge fuck up by Mayhew that really started the ball rolling for Suh to leave town.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll make a lifetime avatar bet with you. I'll bet you Suh finishes with less sacks, tackles, QB pressures, Passes Defensed, and QB hits than Watt next year.

All Suh has to do is beat him in one of those categories.

I've never claimed Suh would finish with more sacks etc than Watt. Watt is your thing.

However, you and your Rainbros keep telling me how much better the Lions are than the Dolphins. Man up, and take the bet. Stop deflecting like some ADD riddled child.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just remember to not have one fucking excuse if the Dolphins do not have a top ranked defense and the best rush defense in the league. You have set the bar so high

No, your own delusional brain has set it for me. Never said an of that. More made up bullshit by the Rainbros.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mayhew had a chance to sign Suh to a 100 million dollar contract last year before Watt signed his, and Mayhew balked.

Suh already stated last year, when he signed on with Jimmy Sexton, that his agent would pick the team he played for.

Ndamukong Suh of Detroit Lions says agent will decide where he signs
It'll be Jimmy's decision, so we'll go with that," said the Detroit Lions defensive tackle

BB_72; so there's that right there.... Mayhew or the Lions never had a prayer. Suh wanted out. Pretty plain and simple, in my eyes.

Dr. Evil-er

Mayhew for President 2016
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not my argument, buddy. ESPN reported it, CBS reported it, NFL network reported it. It's found in almost every article about Suh during FA.

In his five seasons, Suh has totaled 239 tackles and 36 sacks. Both of those figures are the highest among defensive tackles during that time

That should be easy to accomplish when compared to players who only have four years in the league. I gave you the stats of where he compared against other DT's over the same measuring period and he didn't lead in most of those categories. He should actually be dominant in a four year analysis because the first year in those numbers would count the rookie years for everyone else but the second year for Suh. He had an entire year of NFL coaching and experience already.

You suggested I was bending the numbers. Now who is actually bending the numbers when you are trying to give him an entire extra year of stats to his total? I don't understand why you seem to think that posters question some of your posts just because they came from you. This one is questioned because its an apples to oranges comparison that simply isn't correct. Suh does not dominate the major categories amongst the leagues best DT's over the same time frame.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now who is actually bending the numbers when you are trying to give him an entire extra year of stats to his total?

You are. They're taking his entire career into consideration. All years. In his first 5 years in the NFL he leads all DTs in every category. Simple as that.

Go ahead and take out one of those years to fit your Rainbro agenda. Write ESPN, CBS, NFL Network and everyone else and bother them about how they're all reporting it wrong.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Suh already stated last year, when he signed on with Jimmy Sexton, that his agent would pick the team he played for.

Ndamukong Suh of Detroit Lions says agent will decide where he signs
It'll be Jimmy's decision, so we'll go with that," said the Detroit Lions defensive tackle

BB_72; so there's that right there.... Mayhew or the Lions never had a prayer. Suh wanted out. Pretty plain and simple, in my eyes.

It was before that. Before the talks were tabled. 97.1 did a whole show about it, they still talk about it all the time.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, your own delusional brain has set it for me. Never said an of that. More made up bullshit by the Rainbros.

I believe you saying that a true fan would expect more than just two playoff appearances with one and done so therefore I believe you set the bar for yourself.

Nothing delusional, just taking a man for his word.

Dr. Evil-er

Mayhew for President 2016
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are. They're taking his entire career into consideration. All years. In his first 5 years in the NFL he leads all DTs in every category. Simple as that.

Go ahead and take out one of those years to fit your Rainbro agenda. Write ESPN, CBS, NFL Network and everyone else and bother them about how they're all reporting it wrong.

I see. So if I go look up the career totals of HOF DT's and compare them against what will then be paltry numbers put up by Suh then I would demonstratively prove that he is in fact a shitty DT by your method of comparison because I accurately took into account the entire careers of those players? Good to know.

Glad we got rid of him then because he doesn't even come close to leading in any of the major categories. The guy sucks and the career statistics prove it. Should be paid at the league minimum.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Don't get me wrong -- I'd LOVE to have Suh on the Lions. For the absurd amount he signed for though -- he isn't worth it.
The Lions made their choice when they bumped back money to sign a RB they now have cut. No longterm planning with these bumblefucks.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see. So if I go look up the career totals of HOF DT's and compare them against what will then be paltry numbers put up by Suh then I would demonstratively prove that he is in fact a shitty DT by your method of comparison because I accurately took into account the entire careers of those players? Good to know.

Once again, not my method. The info was regurgitated hourly all during FA by multiple networks and news outlets. I just repeated it on this board. You've been losing your wig since. How many times does it need to be repeated?

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lions made their choice when they bumped back money to sign a RB they now have cut

don't forget the signings of Quin and Houston in the re-structure to some extent..

Houston (gone), Bush (gone), Quin (still here).

sounds about Mayhew right, 1 out of 3