• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

LIONS 2014 FREE AGENTS THREAD (all positons)

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Swarm, What did you do with the thread that had the two super-fine assed ladies in thongs out in the snow ?

Oh man, I must have missed that one lol

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Oakland Press suggests the Lions could offer Brandon Pettigrew a deal similar to Dennis Pitta's five-year, $32 million contract.
And many "sources" claimed Whisenhunt was our next head coach. "Sources" aren't always right.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These chicks don't care about a little cold.....

1309548764897.jpg

Damn....Best FA pickups available ?

Dr. Evil-er

Mayhew for President 2016
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And here I thought all along he was nothing but a douche-bag....

Reports: Incognito checks himself into psychiatric care unit | FOX Sports on MSN

There's a replacement for Sims, Dr. Evil-er... LOL

Did I ever suggest Incognito? I don't think I did?

I wanted him when the Rams released him several years ago. I got the usual sneers and insults for that and all he did was go on to make the pro bowl several times and probably would have again this year if Jonathon Martin wasn't a pussy.

Unless I was completely wrecked I don't think I ever suggested Incognito for Sims though.

Dr. Evil-er

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WTF is this CRAP!!!

The Oakland Press suggests the Lions could offer Brandon Pettigrew a deal similar to Dennis Pitta's five-year, $32 million contract.

The Lions are interested in bringing back Pettigrew, but it's debatable whether he's worth $6.4 million annually. Pettigrew saw a diminished role last season, losing snaps to Joseph Fauria in red-zone situations and missing two games to injury. A capable in-line blocker and pass catcher, Pettigrew is one of the better all-around tight ends. He turned 29 earlier this offseason.

Source: The Oakland Press

I warned you long ago what type of deal he would probably get. The market is pretty well set at that position. That's the way the free market is supposed to work except in Detroit.

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should Lewand/Mayhew do this type of contract with Pettipooooops then you (rollingthndr) will need to stop bitching at all of us who bitch about salary cap numbers for certain players.. Oh wait, Lewand waves his magic dumbass wand around and gives another back-loaded BS contract to a player that CAN BE replaced in the draft (it may take drafting that player this year and not seeing much from him until 2015). This article is pure lunacy....

The only reason I was busting you guys was because you wanted to let one of the best defensive players in the NFL walk. Signing a 29 year old below average TE to 30 million would make me want to puke however. We already have a similar TE on our roster in Michael Williams from ALA playing for league minimum.

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its pretty much like this:

The team would be dumb as hell to give Pettigrew that much money, but it would still be a mess if the Lions lose him.
If the Lions don't end up with a legit compliment to CJ, don't expect this team to make it anywhere. They will continue to put up decent numbers but will lose to good defenses.
Its pretty screwed up that the team needs at least 2 WRs, must retain Bell and may be needing a TE.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These chicks don't care about a little cold.....

1309548764897.jpg

Damn....Best FA pickups available ?

might have to add these two fine young ladies to the pimp banner.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should Lewand/Mayhew do this type of contract with Pettipooooops then you (rollingthndr) will need to stop bitching at all of us who bitch about salary cap numbers for certain players.. Oh wait, Lewand waves his magic dumbass wand around and gives another back-loaded BS contract to a player that CAN BE replaced in the draft (it may take drafting that player this year and not seeing much from him until 2015). This article is pure lunacy....

I will be super pissed if they pay pettigrew.

Rob

Forward down the field, Bitches.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even though we are weak at TE I hope they don't sign Pettigrew. He is slow and has bad hands. A lot of guys can fill those shoes.

Dr. Evil-er

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only reason I was busting you guys was because you wanted to let one of the best defensive players in the NFL walk. Signing a 29 year old below average TE to 30 million would make me want to puke however. We already have a similar TE on our roster in Michael Williams from ALA playing for league minimum.

I still wouldn't pay him $16m+/yr and as the highest paid defensive player in the league. I stand firmly by that, no matter what increase in cap space we get.

I would be truly fascinated to have a chance to know just how much his trade value might have been. If we got an RG III type deal it would have been a great conversation about addition by subtraction even without the cap element.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still wouldn't pay him $16m+/yr and as the highest paid defensive player in the league. I stand firmly by that, no matter what increase in cap space we get.

I'm with you there. Suh deserves to be the highest paid DT, but not the overall highest paid defensive player.

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, it doesn't really matter how much cap space we have. You don't just toss outrageous money to players just because it's there. I would bet his trade value would be great for the team.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Suh deserves to be the highest paid DT, but not the overall highest paid defensive player.

I think this will be the debate that dominates this board in 2014.

I expect Suh to sign for as high as 17-18 million per year (shade higher than Mario money) and no less than 13 million (Clay Matthews money).

I see zero evidence to support anything else considering the money he is making now combined with the accolades he's collected under his 1st contract. He's going to get a raise.

Only thing that will silence the critics is an NFC North Title and a playoff win. If the Lions win 4-9 games again and miss the playoffs it will be a disaster.

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Suh has the Lions over a barrel he gets a huge payday this year unless the Lions renegotiate. Suh has the power and will get 13-15 million a year. But given the choice I think the Lions would walk away from Suh at that price. DTs are not usually in that price range.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its pretty much like this:

The team would be dumb as hell to give Pettigrew that much money, but it would still be a mess if the Lions lose him.
If the Lions don't end up with a legit compliment to CJ, don't expect this team to make it anywhere. They will continue to put up decent numbers but will lose to good defenses.
Its pretty screwed up that the team needs at least 2 WRs, must retain Bell and may be needing a TE.

The lions offense was great last season with stafford sucking and having no complement to CJ. They do need a second WR, and a TE but shouldnt be drafting either high or breaking the bank to sign an average TE in pettigrew. He has always been average with the best WR in the league playing with him. If the lions intend on winning the super bowl they can do it with the offense they have now..(if staff plays like he should) and a much improved back seven and a kicker. I dont get all of this talk from people how staford doesnt have enough. He has a great oline, the best WR in the league and an electric RB. He needs to man up and the offense needs to execute.

LPinSLC

Gang Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lions release Leroy Harris per Rotoworld