• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Le'Veon Bell

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lmao

that fictitious team that would have paid him more than the 15 mil and 14.5 mil the steelers offered him, which he turned down.

I know I shouldn't engage the clueless trolls, but...

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Normally I come down on the side of the player when it comes to maximizing one's income. After all, they have a very short duration to be paid top dollar and that money needs to stretch well into the future. That said, this Bell mess is just sad. The guy could have taken an early deal with the Steelers for basically the same money he's going to get now. He could have played his ass off with the Steelers until his wheels fell off and then he would have had a job for life in the city of Pittsburgh. He would have been a hero in the community. As it currently stands, he's a season or two of underachievement away from being out of the league... With no prospects for life after football. He certainly didn't play the "long game."

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, his behavior to sit out was a couple years too late. He could have saved his body for a team that was paying him for his level of production.
yep he should of sat out on his rookie deal a few years ago, smart. Since the jets are gonna run him into the ground per him, and he didnt make anymore money, seems like this was all brilliant

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yep he should of sat out on his rookie deal a few years ago, smart. Since the jets are gonna run him into the ground per him, and he didnt make anymore money, seems like this was all brilliant
He wasn't in the drug program yet as a rookie. Could still smoke.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Normally I come down on the side of the player when it comes to maximizing one's income. After all, they have a very short duration to be paid top dollar and that money needs to stretch well into the future. That said, this Bell mess is just sad. The guy could have taken an early deal with the Steelers for basically the same money he's going to get now. He could have played his ass off with the Steelers until his wheels fell off and then he would have had a job for life in the city of Pittsburgh. He would have been a hero in the community. As it currently stands, he's a season or two of underachievement away from being out of the league... With no prospects for life after football. He certainly didn't play the "long game."
So you’re sayin he doesn’t have a future in Rap music?

:susp:

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Bell has too much pride to admit it, but deep down, he knows he screwed up leaving $14 mil on the table to preserve his body to make basically the same money PIT offered him. That was as stupid as stupid gets.

The Jets are more or less stuck with him for 2 seasons. After his dead money hit goes down and his 3rd yr cap hit is $13 mil...the Jets will likely move on and Bell will be a 29 y/o FA RB trying to get one more deal. His agent would be not the smartest guy in a 9th grade classroom, much less the smartest agent he could have so hopefully he banks/invests well or I wouldn't be surprised if he's broke within 5 yrs after he's done playing.

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bell has too much pride to admit it, but deep down, he knows he screwed up leaving $14 mil on the table to preserve his body to make basically the same money PIT offered him. That was as stupid as stupid gets.
I still don't see where the comparison comes from that his current deal is close to the deal the Steelers offered him.

Even on the surface, $70 million for 5 years (Steelers) is much more than the $52.5 million for 4 years (about $1 million less per year, and 1 year shorter contract).

Also, this gives a good breakdown by year of the two scenarios:

Le’Veon Bell contract details revealed: Here’s how much Jets' new star may have lost by sitting out 2018

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still don't see where the comparison comes from that his current deal is close to the deal the Steelers offered him.

Even on the surface, $70 million for 5 years (Steelers) is much more than the $52.5 million for 4 years (about $1 million less per year, and 1 year shorter contract).

Le’Veon Bell contract details revealed: Here’s how much Jets' new star may have lost by sitting out 2018
That's because the Steelers claim was total bullshit that has never been proven true. It was PR.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's because the Steelers claim was total bullshit that has never been proven true. It was PR.

Bell would like you to return his jewelry, ya scorned bitch

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Given that PIT's was an offer, we really don't know the details of it outside of speculation, but I agree the gross value of what was reported, PIT was more than what Jets offered based on the numbers we've seen. Even with his max potential in NY he can make $61 mil....Depending on who we want to believe, the guaranteed money is pretty close and that's what makes the contracts somewhat comparable I think.

PIT reportedly was guaranteeing his 1st yr salary and signing bonus somewhere in the neighborhood of $20-25 mil combined...NYJ are paying him roughly $28 mil before his dead money hit is feasible to release him.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Only a Steeler hater like you would call it BS...but you are correct that we don't know if it was true or not.

I ask you this since you called it BS.

What would PIT have to gain by fabricating an offer to Bell? Bell's camp was presented an offer, if it wasn't as reported don't you think Bell would have said as much....what he is on record of saying is the per year money hit what he wanted, but the guaranteed money did not.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
“And just, like, um, other things of value, that um, that I like use around the house”

Lol wtf? He’s probably not wanting to say “bong”.

He knows he got taken, they won't get caught or charged because of his stupidity......
He's just wanting a police report to scam his insurance company.

I'm sure he didn't tell 911 about the lost money he paid to these hookers/strippers either.

:dhd: