• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Le'Veon Bell

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess it wouldn’t be too terrible to trade for him. Jets are on the hook for the guaranteed money ($27m). Whoever lands him will only have to afford his base & bonuses if I’m not mistaken. AND there’s an out in the contract after 2020. So in reality, whoever trades for him only has to pony up around $14m over 2 seasons ($2m in ‘19, $8.5m in ‘20, with $2m per in bonuses), but he gets a whole lot more expensive if they want to keep him through 2021 & beyond.

What a horrible situation for Bell. First he loses tons of millions of dollars, then He fails to land a blockbuster contract he wanted further losing money, and now he’s found himself on a team that doesn’t want him, and could possibly end up on another team that has no intentions of paying him more than the $14m over 2 seasons... that would put him back on the FA market in 2021, and he’ll be 30 years old I believe.

Bell’s value is hitting rock bottom before he ever takes another snap. Will be interesting to see how this plays out. Bell could be in for a catastrophic failure of a career from a contract standpoint.

Bell doesn't have the smartest agent...the BS they pulled on not playing on the tag, they thought it was genius ploy...what this agent and Bell didn't understand was all 32 owners agree to the rules put in place by the CBA. Him trying to circumvent the CBA to max out on FA status could not have gone over well by very many owners so he was likely doomed from the beginning of FA and only Woody Johnson with a bucket load of money to spend offered him a contract....kudos to the agent for "creating" a market for Bell.

At this point...The $27 mil you know you have coming...if I'm your agent...I would say, don't go crazy spending, plan on that being your last NFL money until the pension kicks in.

This would be one of those deals where a team like NE would pick him up cheap, but not until then.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess it wouldn’t be too terrible to trade for him. Jets are on the hook for the guaranteed money ($27m). Whoever lands him will only have to afford his base & bonuses if I’m not mistaken. AND there’s an out in the contract after 2020. So in reality, whoever trades for him only has to pony up around $14m over 2 seasons ($2m in ‘19, $8.5m in ‘20, with $2m per in bonuses), but he gets a whole lot more expensive if they want to keep him through 2021 & beyond.

What a horrible situation for Bell. First he loses tons of millions of dollars, then He fails to land a blockbuster contract he wanted further losing money, and now he’s found himself on a team that doesn’t want him, and could possibly end up on another team that has no intentions of paying him more than the $14m over 2 seasons... that would put him back on the FA market in 2021, and he’ll be 30 years old I believe.

Bell’s value is hitting rock bottom before he ever takes another snap. Will be interesting to see how this plays out. Bell could be in for a catastrophic failure of a career from a contract standpoint.

karma_is_a_bitch.jpg

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What part of “$14m for 2 years” would any team not want? You get a potentially elite top 5 RB for just $4m this year, and $10m next year. I think every team would be interested.

The problem is a ton of GMs came forward to say they didn’t want to bring in people like him that have character concerns. So there is definitely an ethics dilemma that could still prevent teams from being a trade partner. But the contract is actually very favorable.

For the record, I’m not promoting the Steelers to take a look. I want nothing to do with that asshole and am happy he is getting what he deserves.
i dont understand contracts, but 2.5 mill base this year, 8.5 next year, but cap hits of 9mill and 15.5 mill respectively. dispersed signing bonus? that another team wouldnt be on the hook for?

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i dont understand contracts, but 2.5 mill base this year, 8.5 next year, but cap hits of 9mill and 15.5 mill respectively. dispersed signing bonus? that another team wouldnt be on the hook for?
My understanding is they are spreading out the signing bonuses/guaranteed money to create those cap hits.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am surprised. I expected Bell to come to realize he made a terrible decision.

Didn't expect it to happen before he plays a snap.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got ya, but does New York eat most of it
Good question. In regards to trades I thought cap-hits were non-negotiable. Which leads me to believe they are the bonuses/guarantees pro-rated over the course of the contract.

So in theory... cap hits of $9m & $15m would correlate to the reported $25m in guarantees. And since the contract has an OUT after year 2, that means all of his guarantees need to be contained in those 2 years under contract. So it makes sense, other than when you consider the base salaries?

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If Bell is traded after 2 seasons, the new team would be on the hook for his base and the roster bonuses. The Jets will have already paid the $27 mill in guaranteed funds...'19 & '20 base salaries, plus the $8 mil signing bonus, $4.4 '19 roster bonus, '20 $5 mil roster bonus, and he has a 500k bonus of some type this year too.

If traded

The new team would pay, '21...11.5 mil and '22 13.0 mil

IMO, he would still need to be a 1200-1300 yd runner and 500-600 yds receiving for anyone to pick up that contract.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol... Sounds like Steve McLendon has been pretty much pleading with Bell to get him to OTAs. Good luck with that Steve!

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wut?

He ripped himself off with his behavior and continues to do so.
Yeah, his behavior to sit out was a couple years too late. He could have saved his body for a team that was paying him for his level of production.