• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lets Talk About LSU's defense (or lack there of)

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And this type of whiny bullshit is why bucknut fans get picked on (just saying for the next time you guys ask)
Dude, I really couldn't care less. If you don't like my opinion, move on. Call it whiny bullshit, but I've yet to see a single person actually refute what I've said.

Diego Roll Tide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They barely beat both of those teams, so my point was it wouldn't take some abnormal amount of crazy things for OSU to beat them.

It wouldn’t. tOSU was better than Bama, and we had 3 really big mistakes that blew our chances in that game (still only losing by 5).

People are prisoners of the moment. I felt tOSU was the best team all season, and absolutely believe they would’ve fared better than CU against LSU.

Lawrence has yet to face major adversity over 2 seasons. tOSU has him on the ropes, but settling for FGs, dropping sure TD passes in the red zone, and the dumb targeting gave him new life. Give him credit, but he was rattled when LSU got the lead.

All of that said, what happened happened. LSU DID beat CU and tOSU did not. No use rehashing it. It only continues to sting.

bocomo007

Just some guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude, I really couldn't care less. If you don't like my opinion, move on. Call it whiny bullshit, but I've yet to see a single person actually refute what I've said.
Refute your homer opinion?

You can’t even deal with or acknowledge the fact that you couldn’t beat Clemson

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It wouldn’t. tOSU was better than Bama, and we had 3 really big mistakes that blew our chances in that game (still only losing by 5).

People are prisoners of the moment. I felt tOSU was the best team all season, and absolutely believe they would’ve fared better than CU against LSU.

Lawrence has yet to face major adversity over 2 seasons. tOSU has him on the ropes, but settling for FGs, dropping sure TD passes in the red zone, and the dumb targeting gave him new life. Give him credit, but he was rattled when LSU got the lead.

All of that said, what happened happened. LSU DID beat CU and tOSU did not. No use rehashing it. It only continues to sting.
Everything you just stated is true.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Refute your homer opinion?

You can’t even deal with or acknowledge the fact that you couldn’t beat Clemson
Clemson doesn't beat OSU without remarkably lopsided officiating. This was proven on the field.

Gatorchip

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,015.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clemson doesn't beat OSU without remarkably lopsided officiating. This was proven on the field.
This was the only game last season where a fanbase didn't care for the officiating.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This was the only game last season where a fanbase didn't care for the officiating.
I mean, if you can show me a game that had sports/officiating analysts from all over the country that weren't affiliated with either school criticizing the refs that much, be my guest. This wasn't a few missed calls, or a really egregiously bad call. It was no less than 8 missed calls, a TD being overturned in error, and a drive being extended due to an incorrect call.

Gatorchip

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,015.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean, if you can show me a game that had sports/officiating analysts from all over the country that weren't affiliated with either school criticizing the refs that much, be my guest. This wasn't a few missed calls, or a really egregiously bad call. It was no less than 8 missed calls, a TD being overturned in error, and a drive being extended due to an incorrect call.
2003 Florida vs FSU is the worst officiated game of all time. The Swindle at the Swamp - Tale of the Tape

There are probably 100+ others in between that game, and OSU losing to Clemson.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2003 Florida vs FSU is the worst officiated game of all time. The Swindle at the Swamp - Tale of the Tape

There are probably 100+ others in between that game, and OSU losing to Clemson.
I see 8 blunders according to that website.

OSU-Clemson featured:
- Incorrectly called incomplete pass that literally took points off the board.
- Roughing the kicker called that extended a drive that should have been running into the kicker, which would've been a repeat of 4th down and a punt
- OSU WR being tackled by a DB in the end zone while Fields was rolling out to pass

And these:
ENzpOIEWAAAfPaq.jpg

The fact that it was for a spot in the championship makes it worse.

RubinRock

Has a Well-Known Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unhinged

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tell me about the time that game where michigan scored a TD and the refs took it away due to an incorrect call. Or just leave?

The game was literally over if they don’t give you the spot. You are complaining about a play that happened in the 3rd quarter, as if the rest of the game plays out the same.

As OSU fans have had no problem telling others. Suck it up, bad calls happen to both teams.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The game was literally over if they don’t give you the spot. You are complaining about a play that happened in the 3rd quarter, as if the rest of the game plays out the same.

As OSU fans have had no problem telling others. Suck it up, bad calls happen to both teams.
The spot was inconclusive, dumbass, so they made the right call and went with the call on the field. You don't like it, but you can't possibly prove it was wrong. You aren't making an apt comparison.

Gatorchip

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,015.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see 8 blunders according to that website.

OSU-Clemson featured:
- Incorrectly called incomplete pass that literally took points off the board.
- Roughing the kicker called that extended a drive that should have been running into the kicker, which would've been a repeat of 4th down and a punt
- OSU WR being tackled by a DB in the end zone while Fields was rolling out to pass

And these:
ENzpOIEWAAAfPaq.jpg

The fact that it was for a spot in the championship makes it worse.
Only one debatable call that took points of the board? weak sauce.

That aint nothing son. Sit your ass down and zip it.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only one debatable call that took points of the board? weak sauce.

That aint nothing son. Sit your ass down and zip it.
Games shouldn't be dictated by officiating, and that's what happened with OSU/Clemson. It just is what it is.