• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lets Talk About LSU's defense (or lack there of)

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If UW didn’t suck and won all their games and made it to the championship they would have beat LSU too.

BOOM! No one can refute that shit.

:nutswing:

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The spot was inconclusive, dumbass, so they made the right call and went with the call on the field. You don't like it, but you can't possibly prove it was wrong. You aren't making an apt comparison.

Yes, which means if they originally had spotted the ball an inch back the game was over. They didn’t confirm the spot. It is a call that went OSU’s way.

The spot wasn’t even one of the other two plays that had a huge impact where they admitted they screwed up.

You are arguing over a play they reviewed and overturned in the 3rd quarter. And the play wasn’t definitive — that is what happens when you don’t have a black and white rule for a catch or a football move. It becomes subjective.
Still the game wouldn’t have ended right there, nor would it have played out the same.
In the end — the best team won the national title anyways. They beat 7 top 10 teams.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, which means if they originally had spotted the ball an inch back the game was over. They didn’t confirm the spot. It is a call that went OSU’s way.

The spot wasn’t even one of the other two plays that had a huge impact where they admitted they screwed up.

You are arguing over a play they reviewed and overturned in the 3rd quarter. And the play wasn’t definitive — that is what happens when you don’t have a black and white rule for a catch or a football move. It becomes subjective.
Still the game wouldn’t have ended right there, nor would it have played out the same.
In the end — the best team won the national title anyways. They beat 7 top 10 teams.
For starters, when a call is made on the field and inconclusive evidence can't be found to overturn it, you don't overturn it. That's why the right call was made in the michigan game and the wrong call was made in the Clemson game. You're bitching over an opinion you have and arbitrarily trying to say they "could" have spotted an inch further back. Huge difference.

Secondly, the two missed calls didn't have a "huge impact" on the game.

Thirdly, and this is where you're so far off, there were EIGHT missed calls that went in favor of Clemson, not two. And those don't include reversing a call on the field that never should have, nor does it include incorrectly calling a roughing the kicker when it was a running into the kicker by the definition which resulted in a scoring drive rather than a punt.

Again, these two games aren't even remotely comparable.

aloysious

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmmmmm. A team dominates much of the game. The other team gets the calls and the win.

I believe this sounds familiar. I believe OSU fans told UM to suck it up a few years ago?!? Bad calls happen to everyone. Stop complaining is what UM fans were told.

Maybe OSU fans should heed their own advice and stop complaining and suck it up.:shrug:
2003 Florida vs FSU is the worst officiated game of all time. The Swindle at the Swamp - Tale of the Tape

There are probably 100+ others in between that game, and OSU losing to Clemson.
Without looking back, I’m gonna take a crazy out on the limb guess and say this thread has turned into @Across The Field claiming OSU would have beat LSU, even though they were knocked out by Clemson.

Let me know if I’m way off here.
I mean, if you can show me a game that had sports/officiating analysts from all over the country that weren't affiliated with either school criticizing the refs that much, be my guest. This wasn't a few missed calls, or a really egregiously bad call. It was no less than 8 missed calls, a TD being overturned in error, and a drive being extended due to an incorrect call.
Dude, time to move on. Nobody's even talking about the NC game anymore, much less the semifinals. The 2019 LSU team was one for the ages, not tOSU.
I receive feeds from the CBS sports app and all I get is who from LSU is declaring for the draft. Concentrate on recruiting, basketball, baseball, whatever. You rehashing a game from almost three weeks ago is only making it worse for you.
Anyway this thread is about LSU's "shitty" defense.
Strange coincidence that premier QB's had very mediocre outings against LSU's D.
Tua: 21-40
Fromm: 20-42
Hurts: 15-31
Lawrence: 18-37

Or was it?

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For starters, when a call is made on the field and inconclusive evidence can't be found to overturn it, you don't overturn it. That's why the right call was made in the michigan game and the wrong call was made in the Clemson game. You're bitching over an opinion you have and arbitrarily trying to say they "could" have spotted an inch further back. Huge difference.

Secondly, the two missed calls didn't have a "huge impact" on the game.

Thirdly, and this is where you're so far off, there were EIGHT missed calls that went in favor of Clemson, not two. And those don't include reversing a call on the field that never should have, nor does it include incorrectly calling a roughing the kicker when it was a running into the kicker by the definition which resulted in a scoring drive rather than a punt.

Again, these two games aren't even remotely comparable.

1. They reviewed and decided they had inconclusive evidence to overturn the play in the Clemson game. And I’ve yet to see where the NCAA has apologized and admitted any bad calls in that game?

2. The ‘two missed calls’ were only the two that were so blatant the NCAA issued an apology and admitted the refs blew the calls. You and I both know there were way more than that. Hell — UM was called for offsides on a play OSU’s center moved and then our coach got a 15 yard penalty arguing the blown call. So instead of losing 5 yards — OSU gained 20. That isn’t even one they admitted to, even though there was video evidence.

3. I’ve yet to see the NCAA issue an apology for missed calls in the OSU Clemson game, so just because OSU fans feel they were missed means nothing. Did you list the call that were missed in OSU’s favor?

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. They reviewed and decided they had inconclusive evidence to overturn the play in the Clemson game. And I’ve yet to see where the NCAA has apologized and admitted any bad calls in that game?

2. The ‘two missed calls’ were only the two that were so blatant the NCAA issued an apology and admitted the refs blew the calls. You and I both know there were way more than that. Hell — UM was called for offsides on a play OSU’s center moved and then our coach got a 15 yard penalty arguing the blown call. So instead of losing 5 yards — OSU gained 20. That isn’t even one they admitted to, even though there was video evidence.

3. I’ve yet to see the NCAA issue an apology for missed calls in the OSU Clemson game, so just because OSU fans feel they were missed means nothing. Did you list the call that were missed in OSU’s favor?
There has never been a call in college sports history that has gone for Ohio State, only against them.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The NCAA never issued a single apology to michigan for that game. Holy hell.

Also, care to look at the picture I posted and tell me which of those penalties actually weren't penalties? Go ahead, I'll wait.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe you are correct no apologies were made to Michigan but the BigTen did admit that significant errors were made by the officials.

Big Ten admits refs made errors in Michigan-OSU, but not on The Spot
Yup, the Darboh play would've given michigan a 1st down. That was a bad call. Could you have called the penalty on Weber? Yeah that wouldn't have been wrong, but the whistle hadn't even blown yet, so it isn't as if it was egregious, nor did it have any impact on the play itself.

Care to take a look at the penalties I pointed out from Clemson? I see nobody has been able to refute any of those, either, only there were 4 times as many as OSU vs. michigan.

bocomo007

Just some guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Face it, your big bad balanced team with supposedly stout defense couldn’t come back to beat Clemson after you lost the lead

LSU came back to beat them just fine

TheDayMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The meltdown alert feature has been triggered.

:mod:

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Face it, your big bad balanced team with supposedly stout defense couldn’t come back to beat Clemson after you lost the lead

LSU came back to beat them just fine
Nearly 100 yards in uncalled penalties that would've changed numerous drives.
ENzpOIEWAAAfPaq.jpg

Not even including the incorrectly overturned fumble and incorrectly called roughing the kicker penalties. Feel free to refute any of this, but you can't.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup, the Darboh play would've given michigan a 1st down. That was a bad call. Could you have called the penalty on Weber? Yeah that wouldn't have been wrong, but the whistle hadn't even blown yet, so it isn't as if it was egregious, nor did it have any impact on the play itself.

Care to take a look at the penalties I pointed out from Clemson? I see nobody has been able to refute any of those, either, only there were 4 times as many as OSU vs. michigan.
I’m not arguing with you on this. I was giving reference and correcting what he stated. I looked briefly and saw nothing from the NCAA or the SEC officials admitting that bad calls were made against Ohio State.

TheDayMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ENzpOIEWAAAfPaq.jpg

Not even including the incorrectly overturned fumble and incorrectly called roughing the kicker penalties. Feel free to refute any of this, but you can't.
:bawling:

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m not arguing with you on this. I was giving reference and correcting what he stated. I looked briefly and saw nothing from the NCAA or the SEC officials admitting that bad calls were made against Ohio State.
Whether they admit it or not, the photo evidence is there. Also, the B1G only issued the statement on the OSU game because it was an actual B1G Game. I'm sure there have been plenty of times B1G officials have worked bowl game without B1G teams where they botched calls and nothing was said.

TheDayMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well that settles it. Random screen grabs poorly collaged together show what look like penalties that could have been called. OSU would have beat LSU for sure. I’m convinced!

Gatorchip

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,015.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ENzpOIEWAAAfPaq.jpg

I fixed it for you.

l5O7QVj.jpg

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well that settles it. Screen grabs collaged together show penalties that should have been called. OSU should have had their shot against LSU for sure. I’m convinced!
Glad you came to your senses.

TheDayMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Glad you came to your senses.
Me too. Could you imagine if I just moved on and accepted that LSU was by far the best team this year? It almost happened... thankfully you posted the green screen enough times for it to sink in that no! It was Ohio State.