• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lets Talk About LSU's defense (or lack there of)

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not this Ohio State fan.
tumblr_inline_mrlr55ZPoa1qz4rgp.gif

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again - are you saying Justin Fields' knee being injured didn't inhibit his ability to his job that night in any capacity? Seriously? A guy who was averaging almost 50 yards rushing per game before injuring his knee, that didn't change anything?

I understand injuries are part of the game. My point was, it wasn't one or two things. It was over a dozen things that Clemson didn't do themselves that had to happen for them to escape by 6. If you care to objectively tell me how all of those things somehow didn't affect the outcome of the game, be my guest. OSU at 100% was better this year than Clemson 100%, and if anything, that game proved it.

Turn things around, give Lawrence a knee injury that zapped his running ability, Etienne getting injured, one of their best defensive players getting ejected, having them drop multiple TD passes, and OSU getting myriad of favorable botched calls, and I firmly believe we beat them by significantly more than 6.

If, If, If....If your Aunt had a dick she'd be your Uncle...If you're going to be a whiny bitch all off-season, it's going to be a long 7 months for all of us.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Burrow may have cracked a rib or two

he manned up and played through it, executed when he needed to

GTFO with your whining about injuries and deal with the fact that you couldn't beat clemson
"Couldn't beat Clemson". What a dumbass.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If, If, If....If your Aunt had a dick she'd be your Uncle...If you're going to be a whiny bitch all off-season, it's going to be a long 7 months for all of us.
Then mute me, douchebag. I've never said they should go back and change the outcome of the game. I'm stating that Ohio State was a better team than Clemson this year and it took a shitload of abnormal factors for Clemson to barely escape with the win. That's a fact.

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then mute me, douchebag. I've never said they should go back and change the outcome of the game. I'm stating that Ohio State was a better team than Clemson this year and it took a shitload of abnormal factors for Clemson to barely escape with the win. That's a fact.

I was only kidding, the "we wuz robbed" delusional chant from the tOSU faithful is a sweet delicious sound. I hope it continues well into next season. I don't really see where it matters, LSU was a better team than Ohio State and Clemson this year and it would have taken a shitload of abnormal factors for either to escape with a win in New Orleans.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was only kidding, the "we wuz robbed" delusional chant from the tOSU faithful is a sweet delicious sound. I hope it continues well into next season. I don't really see where it matters, LSU was a better team than Ohio State and Clemson this year and it would have taken a shitload of abnormal factors for either to escape with a win in New Orleans.
I saw LSU escape 5-loss Texas by 7 points. I saw them escape 4-loss Auburn by 3 points. You're an idiot if you think Ohio State would've needed that much shit to go in their favor to win. I'm not saying I'd have picked OSU to beat LSU Monday night, especially with Fields and Dobbins still hobbled, but I feel very confident that we would've been more competitive than Clemson. I hope the sting of that game carries into next year for OSU as well, and that the players remember how bad it sucked to outplay a team in every facet of the game but end up losing.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Agree, LSU was the best team but like every fan you always wonder how a game could have gone if they made it. Ohio St dominated most of the Clemson game but shot themselves in the foot WAY too many times, you can't win a game doing that and they didn't deserve to win. I think Ohio St (playing mistake free ball) could compete with LSU but considering LSU seemed more likely to play a game without mistakes...so the upset doesn't seem reasonable. On to next season, I'm sure every team has that "what if" moment at some point.

A part of me was glad they lost in the semi's instead of the CFP but it's always better to have a chance than no chance in the end. Still watching LSU, I just don't know how Ohio St keeps up with LSU offensively with that offense going stagnant at times too often and redzone troubles. I do think Ohio St's running game would have given LSU fits but it would come down to offense and the redzone.

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw LSU escape 5-loss Texas by 7 points. I saw them escape 4-loss Auburn by 3 points. You're an idiot if you think Ohio State would've needed that much shit to go in their favor to win. I'm not saying I'd have picked OSU to beat LSU Monday night, especially with Fields and Dobbins still hobbled, but I feel very confident that we would've been more competitive than Clemson. I hope the sting of that game carries into next year for OSU as well, and that the players remember how bad it sucked to outplay a team in every facet of the game but end up losing.

TIL I learned scoring is not a facet of the game, nor is turnovers.

I saw Clemson struggle to beat a 7-6 North Carolina team, but they still managed to come back and beat you. I'm pretty confident tOSU could have been more competitive than Clemson...but the last time the Superdome saw a blowout like that was Katrina. Burrow had 519 yards and 6 TD's, and finished the game in the victory formation on the Clemson 7, saying you could improve on that doesn't exactly make you Nostradamus.

I think a healthy Alabama was better than all three of these teams, so at least we have that in common.

tnapucco

Fair as fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 17,999.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they would have just let Jalen Hurts complete some passes, OU would have beat the brakes off of Clemson or tOSU.

JuiceTheGator

Purveyor of Justice
Hoopla Cash
$ 903.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:laugh3:

You're lucky Clempsin slept through the first half after a cupcake schedule - or they'd have pounded OSUx into an LSU/OU-sized beating.

Nice try, but ohio state is a way lesser team than clempsin. Dear fuck LSUx would have tardstomped the nuts. :shocked:

aloysious

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just got here from another forum and I swear there was a tOSU fan there saying Burrow is an avg. Div. 1 QB, LSU had a below avg. defense, tOSU lost to Clemson because the SEC officiating crew didn't want LSU to play OSU in the NC game, blah blah.
I can't make this shit up.

Gatorchip

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,015.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just got here from another forum and I swear there was a tOSU fan there saying Burrow is an avg. Div. 1 QB, LSU had a below avg. defense, tOSU lost to Clemson because the SEC officiating crew didn't want LSU to play OSU in the NC game, blah blah.
I can't make this shit up.
welcome back

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm not sure how they escaped against Texas? Same with Auburn. And Auburn is a top 15 team anyway.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure how they escaped against Texas? Same with Auburn. And Auburn is a top 15 team anyway.
They barely beat both of those teams, so my point was it wouldn't take some abnormal amount of crazy things for OSU to beat them.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They barely beat both of those teams, so my point was it wouldn't take some abnormal amount of crazy things for OSU to beat them.

Texas scored with like 20 seconds left to make it a 7 point game. That isn't escaping IMO. And they dominated Auburn except on the scoreboard. Couple turnovers kept Auburn in it. Plus Auburn scored late as well to make that closer in the end. LSU gave up a ton of late scores this season when games were already decided.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Texas scored with like 20 seconds left to make it a 7 point game. That isn't escaping IMO. And they dominated Auburn except on the scoreboard. Couple turnovers kept Auburn in it. Plus Auburn scored late as well to make that closer in the end. LSU gave up a ton of late scores this season when games were already decided.
Okay. Ohio State was a much better team than either of them, so my point was it wouldn't take a bunch of random, unfortunate shit for OSU to play with them.

Gatorchip

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,015.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

There was only one team that looked dominate throughout the season. Ohio State.

But they choked it all away.