• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lets talk about Daniel Jones

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FIFY, and I agree. However, he succeeded as a defensive coordinator with the ravens. I’ll bet you Fangio fails with the Broncos.
I'll take that bet. He won't be great without a QB but has never failed at anything. Guy is the real deal.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why? They will be better then last year 4 sure. Some talking heads say they will regress but click bait is their only reason for saying so. Second year in Nagy's system and a year of playing with all the new guys will only make us better. Mack and Smith our 2 top defenders did not join the team until the first game, both have a year and a camp now. A Miller played hurt all last year and is now healthy. Our C and G are now back in their right position and Long is healthy again. Wimms is coming on strong and Shaheen is back. Montgomery is the HB Nagy has been dreaming of. Sorry bro but the Bears are much improved.
2019 NFL Predictions: Bears look primed for regression and here are all the reasons why

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jones fumbled twice against the bears back ups. Had Mack and the boys been starting, they’d still be trying to scrape his carcus off the field.
In fairness, what was Jones playing with?

The Giants are generally considered to have some of the worst receivers in football, and they were playing without 3 or their top 4 receiving options (S Shepard, Engram and Barkley).

It's depth chart players v depth chart players to a great extent and both ways in the preseason.

That aside: another nice showing for Jones... very heartening. No football fan with their feet on the ground is spiking the football yet about the kid, but this is definitely what you want to see from a young guy...

... and @bksballer89 is dead-on correct that a great many people out there not only sh!t on this pick, but took the hate to some pretty high levels. The Giants were generally portrayed as a total joke for choosing Jones where they did.

The fact that the kid is showing plenty of promise is therefore more noteworthy than usual.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In fairness, what was Jones playing with?

The Giants are generally considered to have some of the worst receivers in football, and they were playing without 3 or their top 4 receiving options (S Shepard, Engram and Barkley).

It's depth chart players v depth chart players to a great extent and both ways in the preseason.

That aside: another nice showing for Jones... very heartening. No football fan with their feet on the ground is spiking the football yet about the kid, but this is definitely what you want to see from a young guy...

... and @bksballer89 is dead-on correct that a great many people out there not only sh!t on this pick, but took the hate to some pretty high levels. The Giants were generally portrayed as a total joke for choosing Jones where they did.

The fact that the kid is showing plenty of promise is therefore more noteworthy than usual.
Take it from me, a bears fan, preseason hype means absolutely nothing. I have suffered through 20 years of shit QBs and then we got cutler. A lot of those guys looked good in the preseason. Nobody who booed Jones on draft day gives a shit about what he does in preseason.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Take it from me, a bears fan, preseason hype means absolutely nothing. I have suffered through 20 years of shit QBs and then we got cutler. A lot of those guys looked good in the preseason. Nobody who booed Jones on draft day gives a shit about what he does in preseason.
Again, sane folks aren't "hyping" Jones... real football fans know this is preseason we're talking about.

Rather, Jones' positive play is getting more talk because of the crazy amount of hate this pick received at the time.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bears are better then last year 4 sure. A lot better too.
Actually no they are not. They still don't have a kicker that is trustworthy and the loss of Vic Fangio will have a negative effect on the defense.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, sane folks aren't "hyping" Jones... real football fans know this is preseason we're talking about.

Rather, Jones' positive play is getting more talk because of the crazy amount of hate this pick received at the time.
I was in the minority that actually applauded this pick by New York.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually no they are not. They still don't have a kicker that is trustworthy and the loss of Vic Fangio will have a negative effect on the defense.
I checked the stats and Fangio had 0 tackles last year. So I disagree. In fact I think it will be better because we wont be playing soft prevent defense outside the 20 all game. If we still don't have a kicker then we are no worse. But we have 2 NFL kickers competing in camp so there is that. You really really want us to be worse but that does not make it so. We are better in many ways. Yes our schedule is harder but that will make us better too and more playoff ready.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was in the minority that actually applauded this pick by New York.
I like the player but not the pick. Could have easily traded back for extra picks and still got him. And before you say it, NO we could not as 4 teams were after SF's pick to get Trubisky.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All facts but considering the backlash the giants received for drafting him, it was very important for him to play well in preseason.

Can you imagine what would be going on if he looked like complete shit these first 2 games?
Yeah, I've seen Murray do it.

Ryan Finley is the best rookie QB.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the player but not the pick. Could have easily traded back for extra picks and still got him.
No offense, but there is no way you could possibly know this with any degree of certainty, joe...

... such a statement is a good example of the loose talk around the Daniel Jones pick that has floated around out there since the draft... almost all of it suggesting that the Giants were a joke to take DJ where they did.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a perfect pass.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jones has a bright future in the NFL and I rated him as the best QB in college football last year. In fact, I believe he is the best QB to enter the NFL since Russell Wilson and Andrew Luck.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No offense, but there is no way you could possibly know this with any degree of certainty, joe...

... such a statement is a good example of the loose talk around the Daniel Jones pick that has floated around out there since the draft... almost all of it suggesting that the Giants were a joke to take DJ where they did.
We know for sure teams were trying to move up, we know for sure SF was entertaining offers we had to out do, we know for sure Trubs was the top QB prospect.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone knows Jones can put up numbers against sub-par competition. When the real talent suits up across from him, he will falter. Giants screwed the pooch by A) drafting him and B) drafting him that high.

Ryan Finley will be the best QB to come out of this draft when we look back in 10 years.
That "God said to Abraham" joke is a classic. Still cracks me up