• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lets talk about Daniel Jones

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well all I know is I was hoping the Pats would have taken him. Three year starter, attended smart kid school, quality arm. But we did not so I move on..
Liar.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It actually means nothing at this point. One series in one preseason games means literally nothing, as I illustrated with the Barkley statline. I honestly had no idea he was even in the league anymore, as his 59% comp% and 10:18 career TD/INT ratio would suggest.
Fair enough.

I have no problem agreeing it was only one short series in one preseason game... a long, long way to go.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In fairness: the way you and many, many others savaged this pick... it's a wonder that Daniel Jones can do anything more than walk on a field under his own power and drool on a football.

The mere fact of Jones flashing potential in his first preseason action makes all that earlier commentary seem more than a little over the top.
Agreed and you know his detractors would be all over him if he was 1-7 for 11 yards and 2 INTs.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone knows Jones can put up numbers against sub-par competition. When the real talent suits up across from him, he will falter. Giants screwed the pooch by A) drafting him and B) drafting him that high.

Ryan Finley will be the best QB to come out of this draft when we look back in 10 years.

:thumb:

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another really good performance from Jones. Been the best rookie qb
I honestly can see him being the best rookie QB this coming year.
Which is why I asked the poll of if a rookie QB has a losing record can he win the rookie of the year.
Because some are predicting the giants to win 6 games. If that happens is because they brought Jones in early. So if the Giants won 6 games this year. He should be the rookie of the year barring something exceptional from some other rookie.

& before someone mentions Murray. The cards has a good base. They just had a dumbass coach last year that literally went away from the cards strengths last year. They should have been able to 6 games last year. If ever a 1st year coach deserved to be fired!

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly can see him being the best rookie QB this coming year.
Which is why I asked the poll of if a rookie QB has a losing record can he win the rookie of the year.
Because some are predicting the giants to win 6 games. If that happens is because they brought Jones in early. So if the Giants won 6 games this year. He should be the rookie of the year barring something exceptional from some other rookie.

& before someone mentions Murray. The cards has a good base. They just had a dumbass coach last year that literally went away from the cards strengths last year. They should have been able to 6 games last year. If ever a 1st year coach deserved to be fired!
Will Jones even see the field this year?? Eli is still there, and he also didn't look too bad last night against Chicago. As you say, they might make a switch midway, but this club loves them some Eli

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jones fumbled twice against the bears back ups. Had Mack and the boys been starting, they’d still be trying to scrape his carcus off the field. Pump the breaks on the kid. He could be good, but even Kyle Orion looked great in preseason.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jones fumbled twice against the bears back ups. Had Mack and the boys been starting, they’d still be trying to scrape his carcus off the field. Pump the breaks on the kid. He could be good, but even Kyle Orion looked great in preseason.

All facts but considering the backlash the giants received for drafting him, it was very important for him to play well in preseason.

Can you imagine what would be going on if he looked like complete shit these first 2 games?

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All facts but considering the backlash the giants received for drafting him, it was very important for him to play well in preseason.

Can you imagine what would be going on if he looked like complete shit these first 2 games?
Maybe some bad press and stupid fans flipping their lids. In the grand scheme of things, how he performs this preseason doesn’t matter. The best thing for Jones career as a QB is to not play in the season this year, imho. If he sits and learns, he could have a huge year next year.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bears will miss Vic Fangio.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He looked like a little girl on the second fumble. The Bears safety just swatted the ball out of his hands. Horrible OL play allowed the fumble. I would have sent both the OT and TE to the shower if I was coaching and sent a message to everyone else.

Jones hasn't looked bad but he certainly is not the best rookie QB playing so far. Stidham has been outstanding for the Pats and Kyler Murray has stepped up too.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I bet the Packers make the playoffs. The Bears will regress this season.
Why? They will be better then last year 4 sure. Some talking heads say they will regress but click bait is their only reason for saying so. Second year in Nagy's system and a year of playing with all the new guys will only make us better. Mack and Smith our 2 top defenders did not join the team until the first game, both have a year and a camp now. A Miller played hurt all last year and is now healthy. Our C and G are now back in their right position and Long is healthy again. Wimms is coming on strong and Shaheen is back. Montgomery is the HB Nagy has been dreaming of. Sorry bro but the Bears are much improved.