• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Let's keep our hot streak rolling against the Angelless Angels

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We will have Darvish and Hamels soon. It might take a few starts for Darvish to get up to speed, but pretty soon we will run 2 aces out there every 5 days.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The announcers know nothing..."balls fly out of RBIA" No, they don't. It's been a homer neutral park for a while now. "Adrian Beltre won't chase pitches and he will work the walk" No he won't. He hits junk pitches out of the zone about as well as Vlad did. He has one of the best contact rates in baseball so he can swing at whatever he wants.

That was just from listening the first two innings before I had to go to work...I hate national broadcasts.
Our announcers know nothing. I was just glad the circus atmosphere was not there. Just baseball.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our announcers know nothing. I was just glad the circus atmosphere was not there. Just baseball.

I agree with both you and rev.

His take, which I think is correct, is overall, the national guys don't know squat about us. What the sheet says is the talking points, statistics and recent information be damned, they're gonna act like it's gospel.

But you're also correct that Ringling Bros took a night off, and it was a pleasant change.

Said it before, but I think Busby is the worst announcer I've listened to on a regular basis. He's never met a play/situation where more words didn't work best for him. Vince Scully, Jack Buck and Eric Nadel have been doing it wrong for decades apparently. ha ha

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

His take, which I think is correct, is overall, the national guys don't know squat about us. What the sheet says is the talking points, statistics and recent information be damned, they're gonna act like it's gospel.

But you're also correct that Ringling Bros took a night off, and it was a pleasant change.

Said it before, but I think Busby is the worst announcer I've listened to on a regular basis. He's never met a play/situation where more words didn't work best for him. Vince Scully, Jack Buck and Eric Nadel have been doing it wrong for decades apparently. ha ha
And then there was Dizzy. You could hear his beer spew when he opened it. What a classic.

True Rangers Fan

2023 World Series Champions
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We will have Darvish and Hamels soon. It might take a few starts for Darvish to get up to speed, but pretty soon we will run 2 aces out there every 5 days.

We could run 5 clones of Clayton fucking Kershaw out there, and it means jack squat if these assholes can't score 1 fucking run with 3 on and 1 out against a dickbag pitching staff.

(sorry, last night kind of aggravated me)

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We could run 5 clones of Clayton fucking Kershaw out there, and it means jack squat if these assholes can't score 1 fucking run with 3 on and 1 out against a dickbag pitching staff.

(sorry, last night kind of aggravated me)
Exactly. Derek pitched well enough to have won. Case closed.:gaah:

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Agree. I understood what Rev meant which is why I never watch MLB Network or any of that stuff. And our guys try to homer any situation. You are right about letting the action speak volumes and thinking you have to fill in every moment with babbling so good take on your part.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And then there was Dizzy. You could hear his beer spew when he opened it. What a classic.

And was it Black Label or Schlitz he was chugging? ha ha ha

By the 5th/6th inning every fly ball got exciting according to Dizzy. And poor Pee-Wee Reese tried to keep a rein on him, plus keep up with the game too.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly. Derek pitched well enough to have won. Case closed.:gaah:
Smith and Salas were both sweating bullets in the 8th and 9th. They knew they were fortunate. We had some just miss swings by Maz and Gallo in the 9th against Smith and he knew it. But in the 8th at Beltre's age he has to lay off those pitches out of the zone. That was not a difficult play by the 2nd baseman because it just floated out there to him. That pitch was way too far inside to be swinging at. In May his average has gone from 301 to 265 with 15 RBIs and 6 of those came in 2 games. We have a lot of guys who are killing us right now and he is one of them.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And was it Black Label or Schlitz he was chugging? ha ha ha

By the 5th/6th inning every fly ball got exciting according to Dizzy. And poor Pee-Wee Reese tried to keep a rein on him, plus keep up with the game too.
Well Harry Carey sounded like he was drunk throughout the entire game.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wish the younger guys could hear some of that classic stuff. I'm sure I didn't appreciate it at the time.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Are you sure he wasn't? What always amused me about him was how awful he was with players names; especially Hispanic ones. He'd wouldn't have a prayer in todays game, since about 30% or so of the players have Spanish sir names. Hate to think what he'd do with Shin-Soo-Choo.

I wish the younger guys could hear some of that classic stuff. I'm sure I didn't appreciate it at the time.

Busby actually babbles like Dizzy at times, but I know he's on the wagon.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In May look at the following stats with Avg/2bs/3bs/HRs/RBIs
Beltre - 238/3/0/4/15
Moreland - 200/2/0/1/5
Fielder - 197/6/0/0/6
Andrus - 246/2/0/1/2
Youngin's below
Odor - 272/4/1/4/8
Maz - 278/1/0/4/9
Rua - 250/2/1/1/4 (has less plate appearances)

Wilson - 286/1/0/2/11
Holaday - 348/1/1/1/5

Have to remember that Odor and Maz were the table setters much of the time. Looks like to me it is the vets that are hurting us the most.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you sure he wasn't? What always amused me about him was how awful he was with players names; especially Hispanic ones. He'd wouldn't have a prayer in todays game, since about 30% or so of the players have Spanish sir names. Hate to think what he'd do with Shin-Soo-Choo.

Busby actually babbles like Dizzy at times, but I know he's on the wagon.
LOL! True. No one could sing a drunken version of "Take Me Out To The Ballgame" like Harry.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

hate to say it but i think Hamilton will never make the Rangers roster next year. with Choo, Mazara, Brinson & Rua there just won't be room especially if the Rangers move to re-sign Desmond

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hate to say it but i think Hamilton will never make the Rangers roster next year. with Choo, Mazara, Brinson & Rua there just won't be room especially if the Rangers move to re-sign Desmond
I don't see it either

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree and don't Hoying and Gallo