• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Let's keep our hot streak rolling against the Angelless Angels

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Glad I missed this one. At least Derek was solid.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Loss won't hurt too bad. Oakland probably gonna beat Seattle.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Loss won't hurt too bad. Oakland probably gonna beat Seattle.

I honestly don't know how you scoreboard watch for the entire season. Would drive me nuts.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly don't know how you scoreboard watch for the entire season. Would drive me nuts.

I mean I check scores of all teams pretty much every night and I like when I see the A's, M's, Angels and Lastro's lose. I don't really concern myself with standings until about a month after the AS break, however. I guess you can be concerned about other teams all season but it seems like a lot of work and undue stress, if it bothers you all that much. Maybe the crawler just needs a daily agenda?

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am starting to get a little worried that against anyone not named the Houston Astros that we are under .500.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean I check scores of all teams pretty much every night and I like when I see the A's, M's, Angels and Lastro's lose. I don't really concern myself with standings until about a month after the AS break, however. I guess you can be concerned about other teams all season but it seems like a lot of work and undue stress, if it bothers you all that much. Maybe the crawler just needs a daily agenda?

I check the scores too, but I sure don't give a bundle of fucks about the Mariners.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This team drives me nuts. They sweep a team, then get swept, sweep again, then swept again.

Fielder has been awful.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I guess I'm a control freak. I don't want to have an easy going mind set, suddenly look up, and see that we're 10 games out of first. I want to know where we are, where the other teams are, where we should be, where they should be, who is over achieving ( Seattle), who is underachieving ( Houston).

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This team drives me nuts. They sweep a team, then get swept, sweep again, then swept again.

Fielder has been awful.

Like I said earlier, they are looking to be fairly mediocre. We are a game under .500 vs the rest of the league and 6 over vs the Astros. They sure aren't awful, but they also aren't very good...Our bullpen is great on nights the offense sucks and vice versa...makes for a shitty year.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Fielder has been awful.

and he is not even the worst. Moreland needs to be put at the bench and told not to move for any reason.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since I can remember I look at all scores and their box scores. Back when the newspaper was the thing (remember those days?) I would take the sports page to work with me and at lunch sit there and read thru the box scores. No smart phones in those days.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I noticed that Hoying has a similar batting stance as Maz. Whoever the hitting coach is at RR is doing a good job on the players approach at the plate. And kudos to Wilson for the good job he is doing behind the plate.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We do not really have a prototypical leadoff hitter on the team. Maz may be the closest thing to it followed by Andrus which I hate to say. Odor did well for a while but he is way too impatient. He saw 7 pitches in 4 plate appearances last night and the opposing pitcher is going to use that aggressiveness against him like they did Beltre with the bases loaded.

Xx srs bsns xX

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like FS1 coverage. No Emily Jones, no Knox, and the announcers talk baseball with some decent analysis/insight.

I liked the overall broadcast, but I muted the tv and used the at bat app to listen to the game. Was able to sync it up perfectly last night.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and he is not even the worst. Moreland needs to be put at the bench and told not to move for any reason.
No...Prince has really been the worst by all ways of measuring...he is paid to do one thing and he sucks at it.

Out of all hitters with 180 PA in the league Prince is DEAD last in BA, second to last in OBP and SLG... (which is good enough for dead last in OPS). Without his recent semi hot streak he would still be last, but it would be by a lot more. Prince is by far the worst everyday player on any roster in the major leagues.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I liked the overall broadcast, but I muted the tv and used the at bat app to listen to the game. Was able to sync it up perfectly last night.
The announcers know nothing..."balls fly out of RBIA" No, they don't. It's been a homer neutral park for a while now. "Adrian Beltre won't chase pitches and he will work the walk" No he won't. He hits junk pitches out of the zone about as well as Vlad did. He has one of the best contact rates in baseball so he can swing at whatever he wants.

That was just from listening the first two innings before I had to go to work...I hate national broadcasts.

saddles

Bring up Blaine Crim #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Once again this year we are having a problem with consistently scoring enough runs to win. This is not as bad as it has been in years past, but it is still a problem. If you look we are 5th in the AL in total runs scored. If you look at the number of games where we have scored 2 runs or less we fare much differently.

There are 6 teams in the AL that have scored less total runs than us, but that have scored 2 runs or less in less games than us. One other club that has scored less total runs than us is tied with us in the number of games where they have scored 2 runs or less. That club is the Twins who are dead last in the AL in total runs scored.

So, whereas we rank 5th in the AL in total runs scored, there are only 3 teams in the AL that have scored 2 runs or less more than we have. Those teams are LAA, NYY, and Houston. We do that 35.5% of the time.

On the other hand I believe I read that we rank 1st in the number of innings that we score 5 runs or more.