• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Let's keep our hot streak rolling against the Angelless Angels

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see Hamilton as part of the 2017 plan either. But I strongly suspect it's got a lot more to do with what he "can't do" as opposed to "what other players might do" if this makes any sense.

It's only late May, but Brinson has hit the wall - no reason to be discouraged nor panic - and Hoying/Rua are getting their chance to step up.

saddles

Bring up Blaine Crim #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hate to say it but i think Hamilton will never make the Rangers roster next year. with Choo, Mazara, Brinson & Rua there just won't be room especially if the Rangers move to re-sign Desmond
Probably neither Hamilton nor Desmond will be back next year.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see Hamilton as part of the 2017 plan either. But I strongly suspect it's got a lot more to do with what he "can't do" as opposed to "what other players might do" if this makes any sense.

It's only late May, but Brinson has hit the wall - no reason to be discouraged nor panic - and Hoying/Rua are getting their chance to step up.
Brinson may be turning a corner right now. It has taken him awhile to shake off the cobwebs after his injury. Between him and Cordell I think one of them will be ready to start in CF in 2017.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brinson may be turning a corner right now. It has taken him awhile to shake off the cobwebs after his injury. Between him and Cordell I think one of them will be ready to start in CF in 2017.
Cordell struggled when he was sent from A to AA last year. So maybe the same thing is happening with Brinson. To me we cannot go wrong with either one. But there are really high expectations while Cordell was a little more under the radar and those high expectations can put a lot of pressure on a 22 year old as well.

And I know Brinson was called up last year and excelled in 28 games.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Agreed 100%, I like Desmond but it doesn't make much sense to pay him big money at this point and have him logjam a spot on the roster

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't think they bring back Desmond either, just too much young talent coming up quickly, we'll have to see where Brinson is at season's end
Even if Brinson is not ready we have multiple options to fill the void. But I do like what Desmond has done so far but I am good with a youth movement of some sorts.

True Rangers Fan

2023 World Series Champions
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A little bit of improvement tonight... Moreland at 7th, Mazara 5th.

Odor 2B
Desmond CF
Fielder DH
Beltre 3B
Mazara RF
Andrus SS
Moreland 1B
Hoying LF
Holaday C

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cordell struggled when he was sent from A to AA last year. So maybe the same thing is happening with Brinson. To me we cannot go wrong with either one. But there are really high expectations while Cordell was a little more under the radar and those high expectations can put a lot of pressure on a 22 year old as well.

And I know Brinson was called up last year and excelled in 28 games.
There were the 28 games in Frisco last year along with the 8 games in Round Rock last year and the first couple of weeks this year until right before he went on the shelf due to his shoulder. Up until just before he got injured he was hitting .323 with an .873 OPS this year. That makes me think his slump was injury related both just prior to going on the shelf and for awhile after coming back. I guess we will find out in the next few weeks which is the case. You might be right in that it could be a part of transitioning between levels, but with the spring he had along with the success in a limited time last year and early this year I am hoping it was mainly due to the injury. I just hope his shoulder is fully healthy.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They called Gallo up, why not play him?
I don't understand that. I think I would have rather brought DeShields back up for awhile instead of letting Joey sit on the bench as a 5th outfielder.

Xx srs bsns xX

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our announcers know nothing. I was just glad the circus atmosphere was not there. Just baseball.

Correction -- the TV announcers know nothing. The radio guys are phenomenal.

They called Gallo up, why not play him?

Right? I don't see why they brought him up. Hell, if you just needed an extra bat -- call up Profar instead, since you KNOW he'll be playing when Odor gets suspended.

I don't understand that. I think I would have rather brought DeShields back up for awhile instead of letting Joey sit on the bench as a 5th outfielder.

Negative on DDS. He got sent down for a reason, best not mess that up. Like I stated above, I would have went with Profar. Chances of Gallo/Profar playing in the OF while Stubbs is out is next to zero. (with Rua already being on the bench). So why not go with the guy that's about to be called up anyways? (for Odor)

Xx srs bsns xX

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I got to thinking... maybe Prince is hurt again and that's why he's sucking. So I looked up his stats from his injured year.

2014 .247/.360/.360 / 3HR / 16 RBI / 25BB / 24K / 8 2B / 37 H / 150 AB
2016 .202/.273/.294 / 2HR / 23 RBI / 16BB / 31K / 9 2B / 33 H / 163 AB

God I hope he's injured. If not, those numbers.... oh boy.

Xx srs bsns xX

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
on Bleacher Report, they are talking trade scenarios they would do and they have the Rangers sending Gallo and Ortiz to the Yankees for Chapman and McCann. personally i would not do it but what do you think?

MLB Trade Ideas Based on News, Rumors and Speculation

I love the part about Josh Morgan being the top catching prospect. Ummm... he didn't take to catching like everyone had hoped he would. He hasn't caught a game since well.... spring training. Way to go guys!

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I got to thinking... maybe Prince is hurt again and that's why he's sucking. So I looked up his stats from his injured year.

2014 .247/.360/.360 / 3HR / 16 RBI / 25BB / 24K / 8 2B / 37 H / 150 AB
2016 .202/.273/.294 / 2HR / 23 RBI / 16BB / 31K / 9 2B / 33 H / 163 AB

God I hope he's injured. If not, those numbers.... oh boy.
Why would he not seek medical if he is hurt.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Correction -- the TV announcers know nothing. The radio guys are phenomenal.

Right? I don't see why they brought him up. Hell, if you just needed an extra bat -- call up Profar instead, since you KNOW he'll be playing when Odor gets suspended.

Negative on DDS. He got sent down for a reason, best not mess that up. Like I stated above, I would have went with Profar. Chances of Gallo/Profar playing in the OF while Stubbs is out is next to zero. (with Rua already being on the bench). So why not go with the guy that's about to be called up anyways? (for Odor)
I understand what you are saying about DeShields. I would just rather mess with him than Joey at this point. I don't believe DeShields is a starter here at any point without multiple injuries so if he gets yo-yoed this once I am okay with it. Also, I believe they want Profar to get in as many games at 2B before coming up as he can.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I get the rationale yesterday it might have been a late decision or something and they had already have decided to give Hoying the start, today it makes zero sense