• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: LETS BEGIN THE KOBE HATERS CLUB!!!!

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thing that makes me think Kobe was just messing with him is that Nick Young is the Lakers "class clown" (and I mean in a good way). The guy is always talking, always having fun, loves to joke with and trash talk his teammates and he makes no exceptions for Kobe. Kobe also likes himself some trash talk, so it stands to reason that these 2 would bust on each other.

Then again, that's the thing with Kobe, hard to tell when he's just trash talking or being serious with something like that.:noidea:

If you watch the interview, there was no malicious intent by Young, right after he says that he also says "that's just Kobe being Kobe" and "I'm a Laker fan for life".

Young has an option but it's hard to think that he won't try and go for a raise. I'm feeling pretty good about Kobe/Meeks for the 2 guard but if Young decides to come back at an affordable price then I wouldn't complain. Saying that Kobe is chasing Nick Young off is a pretty huge stretch though.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you watch the interview, there was no malicious intent by Young, right after he says that he also says "that's just Kobe being Kobe" and "I'm a Laker fan for life".

Young has an option but it's hard to think that he won't try and go for a raise. I'm feeling pretty good about Kobe/Meeks for the 2 guard but if Young decides to come back at an affordable price then I wouldn't complain. Saying that Kobe is chasing Nick Young off is a pretty huge stretch though.

:agree: But it's the Kobe Haters Club thread, so gotta roll with it. Don't want too many facts getting in the way of the hate!! There's no fun in that.:lol:

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thing that makes me think Kobe was just messing with him is that Nick Young is the Lakers "class clown" (and I mean in a good way). The guy is always talking, always having fun, loves to joke with and trash talk his teammates and he makes no exceptions for Kobe. Kobe also likes himself some trash talk, so it stands to reason that these 2 would bust on each other.

Then again, that's the thing with Kobe, hard to tell when he's just trash talking or being serious with something like that.:noidea:

I hate to insert James into this thread, but the situation dictates.
You guys are analyzing if Kobe was serious or not about the comment.
My guess is ' was not'.
However, how could anyone possibly translate James not 1, not 2, .....etc...answer at the Heats fan celebration as some type of iron clad prediction or serious guarantee as you guys have for 4 years?

The man was saying what he hoped, but he was in an obvious fun loving, joking around atmosphere.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate to insert James into this thread, :gaah: :lol:but the situation dictates.
You guys are analyzing if Kobe was serious or not about the comment.
My guess is ' was not'.
However, how could anyone possibly translate James not 1, not 2, .....etc...answer at the Heats fan celebration as some type of iron clad prediction or serious guarantee as you guys have for 4 years?

The man was saying what he hoped, but he was in an obvious fun loving, joking around atmosphere

While I agree that Lebron wasn't completely serious in his prediction, there is a bit of a difference that you aren't including.

Lebron's "not 1, not 2, etc." prediction came on the heels of him dumping Cleveland in a pretty classless way with "The Decision" and was during the "AfterParty" that followed "The Decision". The perception that many were left with was of Lebron doing what he did to Cleveland and then the Heat rubbing everyone's face in it. Even Lebron has said he should have handled all of that differently. There was also nearly an entire year after all of that, in which he behaved like a grade A douche with some of his comments and actions.

That same statement, without all of the other stuff, likely gets moved on from pretty quickly. However, when you combine it with everything else, it looks much worse and the memory lasts much longer.

Not saying that's how it should be, just how it is.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While I agree that Lebron wasn't completely serious in his prediction, there is a bit of a difference that you aren't including.

Lebron's "not 1, not 2, etc." prediction came on the heels of him dumping Cleveland in a pretty classless way with "The Decision" and was during the "AfterParty" that followed "The Decision". The perception that many were left with was of Lebron doing what he did to Cleveland and then the Heat rubbing everyone's face in it. Even Lebron has said he should have handled all of that differently. There was also nearly an entire year after all of that, in which he behaved like a grade A douche with some of his comments and actions.

That same statement, without all of the other stuff, likely gets moved on from pretty quickly. However, when you combine it with everything else, it looks much worse and the memory lasts much longer.

Not saying that's how it should be, just how it is.

Regardless of how anything was handled leading up to the Decision, the Heat would have still had the fan celebration, and the question still would have been asked.

All I'm saying was the answer never was meant to be more than a fun loving moment, the same as Kobe's probably was.

I do think James was dead serious about the reason he chose Miami. He said for about a year, to anyone who was really listening, that the opportunity to win would ultimately dictate his choice.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Regardless of how anything was handled leading up to the Decision, the Heat would have still had the fan celebration, and the question still would have been asked.

All I'm saying was the answer never was meant to be more than a fun loving moment, the same as Kobe's probably was.

I do think James was dead serious about the reason he chose Miami. He said for about a year, to anyone who was really listening, that the opportunity to win would ultimately dictate his choice.

I agree that Lebron was just having fun. But you can't just forget about everything else and think everyone's focused on the 1 statement.

If the Heat just had their party and he made the statement. Yes, Heat fans and Lebron would have heard about it, but it likely would have been moved on from pretty quickly. But when it's combined with all of the other stuff, it becomes a much bigger deal.

Take away everything else, but the party and him being asked that question, it doesn't come off much different than when Kobe has said that with the Lakers it's championship or failure, there's no in between and that he expects to compete for a title next year.

Like I said, I'm not saying that it should be that way, just that it is.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's known for saying things without considering the consequences. He's improved over the last couple of years but he is seriously lacking in the self-awareness department.

Who honestly has a celebration after free agency anyway? Doesn't a "celebration" for this team coming together imply future success? I doubt James was 100% joking and whether you believe it or not, the Decision, Celebration, the Hangover and whatever else they had was incredibly obnoxious. He pretty much ditched his hometown for Miami and then said "We're the best, no one can beat us, let's party!", then got butthurt when people reacted negatively.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's known for saying things without considering the consequences. He's improved over the last couple of years but he is seriously lacking in the self-awareness department.

Who honestly has a celebration after free agency anyway? Doesn't a "celebration" for this team coming together imply future success? I doubt James was 100% joking and whether you believe it or not, the Decision, Celebration, the Hangover and whatever else they had was incredibly obnoxious. He pretty much ditched his hometown for Miami and then said "We're the best, no one can beat us, let's party!", then got butthurt when people reacted negatively.

I can tell you, with certainty, that the fan celebration was put together the way it was so that people who would probably never get a chance to see the Big 3 up close from the lower bowl would get the first chance.

This is Miami. Any reason for a party is a good one.
What better reason than getting the best player in the world to come to your team?

I was there. It was fun.
No apologies coming any time soon ( or ever), from me.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can tell you, with certainty, that the fan celebration was put together the way it was so that people who would probably never get a chance to see the Big 3 up close from the lower bowl would get the first chance.

This is Miami. Any reason for a party is a good one.
What better reason than getting the best player in the world to come to your team?

I was there. It was fun.
No apologies coming any time soon ( or ever), from me.

You're a Miami fan, you're supposed to enjoy it as I'm sure you've enjoyed the back-to-back championships. It was something that we'll probably never see again, 3 free agent superstars from the same draft class teaming up? Then making a big deal out of it on television? I got to hand it to LeBron, he knows how to entertain. He even keeps the people who dislike him entertained with constant ammunition lol.

@Bot LBJ is pass first, meaning the defense would probably focus more on Shaq who was in his prime. A young LBJ wasn't the best jumpshooter either. Kobe was a better fit for that team in my opinion and what made Kobe and Shaq so great was that they could both take over a game when necessary. I don't think LeBron really had that in him early on, he had to shape himself over the years into a truly great player and leader because it was absolutely necessary. Would he have felt that necessity coming right out of high school to play with Shaq, one of the most dominant big men of all-time? One thing you can't deny is Kobe's passion.

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You're in the wrong thread. This is the tOfficial Hate Kobe thread.

The tOfficial Defend Kobe at all costs thread is over there----------------------------------->

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Bot LBJ is pass first, meaning the defense would probably focus more on Shaq who was in his prime. A young LBJ wasn't the best jumpshooter either. Kobe was a better fit for that team in my opinion and what made Kobe and Shaq so great was that they could both take over a game when necessary. I don't think LeBron really had that in him early on, he had to shape himself over the years into a truly great player and leader because it was absolutely necessary. Would he have felt that necessity coming right out of high school to play with Shaq, one of the most dominant big men of all-time? One thing you can't deny is Kobe's passion.

So you think that Kobe coming off the bench for 2 seasons would contribute more to the team than LBJ who was giving 39.5 mpg his rookie season?

Kobe was a better shooter you say? Kobe won his 1st title in his 4th season, lets compare the numbers and as you see he is not even close to as good as LBJ.

Player Comparison Finder | Basketball-Reference.com

You can look at a per game or totals but ovbiously since Kobe was a bench warmer his 1st 2 seasons that favors LBJ, but even per 36 LBJ is better in every stat except 3p shooting (by .004) and TS% by once again .4%. LBJ had a better FG% and EFG%. Their shooting we will call a wash.

Now let's talk game theory, yes, LBJs preference to pass first would really upset the apple cart of PJ wanting the ball to be fed through Shaq LOL

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By the time Kobe received his 3rd ring in his 6th season LBJ was hands down a better shooter and was still a pass happy team player that would not have been throwing every body and their sister under the bus. Shaq probably would have retired in LA with 8 rings.

Player Comparison Finder | Basketball-Reference.com

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even Lebron's biggest fan, will tell you Kobe was a better shooter. But you being a stat nerd, will blind your thinking.

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really hate people who just look at stats and think they tell the whole story. Those be the main one's who wouldn't watch a game, but look at the stat sheet and think they can give a summary of the game.

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FIFY

define skilled please?

Better footwork, better jump shot, better post game, do better in different shot selections like fade away and bank shot, better outside and midrange game, etc. Kobe's more skilled dude.

Its like if you compare Shaw and Gasol on who is more skilled. The clear answer is Gasol.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even Lebron's biggest fan, will tell you Kobe was a better shooter. But you being a stat nerd, will blind your thinking.

I would take Kobe in a game of HORSE, but I'll take James most nights in NBA games.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not to mention the fact that they play different styles and play different positions. Common sense will tell you that a 3-peat is nothing to scoff at. Doc Rivers also said that Kobe and Shaq were the best duo of all time. I wish I could find more comprehensive jumpshot statistics.

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would take Kobe in a game of HORSE, but I'll take James most nights in NBA games.

And that's fine. Just because I think Kobe was a better shooter or is more skilled, doesn't make him automatically better than Lebron. Bot can't see that.