• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: LETS BEGIN THE KOBE HATERS CLUB!!!!

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Better footwork, better jump shot, better post game, do better in different shot selections like fade away and bank shot, better outside and midrange game, etc. Kobe's more skilled dude.

Its like if you compare Shaw and Gasol on who is more skilled. The clear answer is Gasol.

To me, skills are abilities learned through practice. The opposite I think would be raw talent, being gifted genetically.

And Doors has a point, I apologize, I haven't participated in a Hate thread since the original Heat Haters Club lol. I threw the r*pe joke in there though, gotta give me some credit for that.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oops, meat to compare Shaq and Gasol, with Gasol being more skilled.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And that's fine. Just because I think Kobe was a better shooter or is more skilled, doesn't make him automatically better than Lebron. Bot can't see that.

I have never in my life seen anyone make more, tougher shots than Kobe has, but I'm not sure if I have ever seen anyone attempt to.

Not looking at any stats, and just answering the question if there was a million dollars on the line if the shot is made and you can choose Kobe or James to shoot it.....like in a contest, I'm choosing Kobe.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have never in my life seen anyone make more, tougher shots than Kobe has, but I'm not sure if I have ever seen anyone attempt to.

Not looking at any stats, and just answering the question if there was a million dollars on the line if the shot is made and you can choose Kobe or James to shoot it.....like in a contest, I'm choosing Kobe.

If I had nickel for every time I've said "What the hell are you do...............WOW!! What a shot!! Now don't try that again!!":lol:

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Which year and where is it from? LBJs long 2s this year are money.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Since it's never going to really happen, does it matter?

I wasn't trying to create a specific scene, I was just assessing my mindset of who I perceived was the better natural shooter.

If you were 2 down in a game and needed either Kobe or James to step to the line to hit the 2 FT's to send it to OT, who are you taking?

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kobe has a better FT% so Kobe.

LBJ is more likely to get to the line or get some one an open look though.

If it is a clutch shot scenario though among the all time greats that are compared, most shoot very close to their actual percentages, except Kobe who shoots horribly because rather than passing he gets tripled teamed and chucks it.

So if this were an unguarded shot for a million dollars...LBJ still has the better FG% and his long 2 game is sick right now. If it were guarded and that player had to take the shot, you would choose Kobe because you know he isn't going to pass.

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kobe has a better FT% so Kobe.

LBJ is more likely to get to the line or get some one an open look though.

If it is a clutch shot scenario though among the all time greats that are compared, most shoot very close to their actual percentages, except Kobe who shoots horribly because rather than passing he gets tripled teamed and chucks it.

So if this were an unguarded shot for a million dollars...LBJ still has the better FG% and his long 2 game is sick right now. If it were guarded and that player had to take the shot, you would choose Kobe because you know he isn't going to pass.

When did you start watching basketball? You are the first person I ever heard say Lebron has a better jumper than Kobe.

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LeBron James has better stats than Jordan and Kobe by age 29 | For The Win

Another comparison site of the two. Wow, what two amazing players. These type of players just dont come around often. Defensively Jordan is amazing.

I think Kobe can take better shots outside, but one on one, you have to go with LBJ.

What amazes me is Lebrons assist stat. He has always like Jordan .....had to be the man, and in spite of that he dishes at a unprecedented rate.

Laker fans, Bulls fans, Miami fans have been blessed to have had these guys.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Lebrons long 2s this year are stupid. Any basketball coach will tell you if you're going to attempt a shot like that at least take a step back for the 3 point shot.

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lebrons long 2s this year are stupid. Any basketball coach will tell you if you're going to attempt a shot like that at least take a step back for the 3 point shot.

I completely agree with any long 2 shot, doesn't stop those shots from going up.

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When did you start watching basketball? You are the first person I ever heard say Lebron has a better jumper than Kobe.

Some interesting stats provided below. That is Kobe's best shooting year vs LBJ's this year. Also probably one of his best years. I have not found where I can see career FG% in these spots yet.

Kobe is better from 16 ft to the 3p line and from 10 ft to 16 ft, but minimally at 1% and 4% respectively.

From 3ft to 10ft LBJ kills him and overall jump shot LBJ shoots slightly better.

I will concede that during Kobe's best shooting season he shot better from long 2 range than LBJ has this year. But overall jump shot LBJ is a better offensive shooter because he doesn't take as many of those shots.

So Kobe slightly better at hitting bad shots, LBJ better at not taking bad shots.

Kobe Bryant 2001-02 Shooting Splits | Basketball-Reference.com

LeBron James 2013-14 Shooting Splits | Basketball-Reference.com

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey stat nerd, do those stats tell you how difficult each shot was? Do they tell you who was the defender? Do it tell you if it was a last second shot? Stats tell it all, right?

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LeBron's reputation of not having a good jump shot comes form his early years when it was very inconsistent, and from the Spurs-Cavs Finals when he had a really rough stretch on a huge stage.

Over the last few years LeBron has displayed one of the best, most consistent jumpers ever (by a player who isn't just a spot-up shooter). The stats tell it and the eyes will tell it (if kept free from bias).

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey stat nerd, do those stats tell you how difficult each shot was? Do they tell you who was the defender? Do it tell you if it was a last second shot? Stats tell it all, right?

There actually are stats that will tell that, they are not readily available to the public and Kobe might be too old for them.

Bottom line if he was better offensively he would pass the ball to the open defender rather than chuck up a shitty shot.

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Over the last few years LeBron has displayed one of the best, most consistent jumpers ever (by a player who isn't just a spot-up shooter). The stats tell it and the eyes will tell it (if kept free from bias).

:L Please tell me this is a joke.

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kobe says if the Lakers were a top four team in the West right now he could play. As for next season, “I personally think you’re going to see the Kobe you’re used to seeing.”

Refusing to play when able to.... but still cashing checks?

That's definitely going to be a knock on his legacy.

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The catch is if Kobe was playing they wouldn't have as many wins as they do now.

True lack of heart, complete lack of commitment to his teammates, the game, the Lakers and the sport.

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bots I disagree. I think his staying out is smart for him and Lakers. They would have one more with him......but they need assets, and while one lottery pick aint going to do it, perhaps Lakers trade it on draft day for a player? Nothing to play for right now. Needs to rest.

I am intrigued to see if Lakers deal that pick to give Kobe a chance or they decide to truly gut and rebuild. Long overdue

People need to respect LBJ game. He has evolved into a complete player, rebounds, steals, assists. Now has that great outside shot. He is the face of the game like MJ was.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The catch is if Kobe was playing they wouldn't have as many wins as they do now.

True lack of heart, complete lack of commitment to his teammates, the game, the Lakers and the sport.

Cut his ass!! It's not like he's accomplished anything in his career anyway!!:lol:

Jodie Meeks is 10x the player Kobe ever thought he was!!:laugh3: