• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: LETS BEGIN THE KOBE HATERS CLUB!!!!

Flauge

Still a Heat fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actual NBA players know he's not overrated.

his resume is not overrated. if people believe he is still a top 10 player, then they are overrating him. kobe has been the best player in the NBA since mike.

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You had me until since mike flauge, i would take LBJs resume right now over Kobe and it isnt close. Duncan and Kobe are tossups.

"Too proud" ? Proud i am but i would never have pride in something i had no part in building ie nba teams.

piss-tons

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
his resume is not overrated. if people believe he is still a top 10 player, then they are overrating him. kobe has been the best player in the NBA since mike.

I still gotta give it to Shaq. He dominated the game in a way only a big man could.

Flauge

Still a Heat fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You had me until since mike flauge, i would take LBJs resume right now over Kobe and it isnt close. Duncan and Kobe are tossups.

"Too proud" ? Proud i am but i would never have pride in something i had no part in building ie nba teams.

id take kobe's resume right now over lebron's. with each passing year it is getting closer. if the heat win the NBA finals and lebron is finals MVP... i think the resumes become even.. add a regular season MVP or another finals to lebron.. the lebron's resume will be better.

i think lebron will catch kobe on the resume. i think most of these laker fans know it. that's why they root so hard against miami. miami and the lakers arent rivals.. never played in the playoffs.. yet the laker fans absolute hate the heat. 2011.. after the decision and the after party, everyone hated miami. but everyone else has moved on. laker fans havent. the only reason i can think of is lebron will pass kobe, and they dont like it.

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still gotta give it to Shaq. He dominated the game in a way only a big man could.

honestly, when people do GOAT discussions they should take out Centers because the top 5 should be centers based on their domination of the game.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
id take kobe's resume right now over lebron's. with each passing year it is getting closer. if the heat win the NBA finals and lebron is finals MVP... i think the resumes become even.. add a regular season MVP or another finals to lebron.. the lebron's resume will be better.

i think lebron will catch kobe on the resume. i think most of these laker fans know it. that's why they root so hard against miami. miami and the lakers arent rivals.. never played in the playoffs.. yet the laker fans absolute hate the heat. 2011.. after the decision and the after party, everyone hated miami. but everyone else has moved on. laker fans havent. the only reason i can think of is lebron will pass kobe, and they dont like it.

You see I agree with you there. In time Lebron will very likely pass Kobe on the list.

People just tend to forget Kobe has 7 more years over Lebron. He had three titles before Lebron even graduated high school.

Without a doubt Kobe is a top 10 all time player. And without a doubt lebron will be too by the time he hangs up his sneakers - very likely to be ahead of him too.

But for now Kobe leads the discussion.

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well, you're wrong. The Lakers fans vs Heat fans have nothing to do with Lakers fans hating Miami. Its a Lakers fans and Lebron fans beef, that started years ago while Lebron was in Cleveland. Lebron fans started all of this, when Lebron was becoming a top players and they felt the need to bash Kobe enough to prove that Lebron was now the best. Lakers fans responded and thats how this all started. It also has nothing to do with Lakers fans being scared that Lebron might pass Kobe in resumes.

This has been explained plenty of times.

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Shaq Put LBJ in Kobe's spot on those Laker rosters. LBJ was a far better player straight out of high school. Not to mention he wouldn't have been having bitch fits to the media undermining coach and teammates. The question for me becomes how many more would LBJ and Shaq had over Shaq and Kobe. Rings are a ridiculous thing to base a legacy on because there are so many outside sources besides that 1 player.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Shaq Put LBJ in Kobe's spot on those Laker rosters. LBJ was a far better player straight out of high school. Not to mention he wouldn't have been having bitch fits to the media undermining coach and teammates. The question for me becomes how many more would LBJ and Shaq had over Shaq and Kobe. Rings are a ridiculous thing to base a legacy on because there are so many outside sources besides that 1 player.

All hypothetical situations!

How many titles would the heat win with a prime MJ instead of lebron?

How many titles would the Lakers have won without Kobe?

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many titles would the Lakers have won with Botslayer as starting SG? 0. That is the only definite answer of the bunch.

By the way, I remember a Shaq quote after Kobe's 3 airballs against Utah in the playoffs: "He was the only one on the team with the [balls] to take those shots" - how exactly would a young LeBron have helped in the clutch? Kobe missed those shots (I believe it was his rookie year, not sure) but came through many times for those Shaq-Kobe Lakers teams.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's possible that Lebron will pass Kobe's resume, but Lebronita hasn't done that yet and until he does - he is not as good as Kobe.

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many titles would the Lakers have won with Botslayer as starting SG? 0. That is the only definite answer of the bunch.

By the way, I remember a Shaq quote after Kobe's 3 airballs against Utah in the playoffs: "He was the only one on the team with the [balls] to take those shots" - how exactly would a young LeBron have helped in the clutch? Kobe missed those shots (I believe it was his rookie year, not sure) but came through many times for those Shaq-Kobe Lakers teams.

1st, how many minutes do I have to play? I am certain I could start the game mug somebody going for a bucket and get the hook while the FTs are taken. Easy Peasy, I would have 82 fouls in 41 minutes:D

You are comparing one of the worst FG% in the clutch (Kobe) to one of the best (LBJ). There is also the argument with such an improvement over replacement that they would not have been in that clutch spot.

It's possible that Lebron will pass Kobe's resume, but Lebronita hasn't done that yet and until he does - he is not as good as Kobe.

You mean like not as good physically talented? Because nobody would ever say that Kobe is a better physical specimen or more skilled outside of a Laker homer, the GOAT resume's you can go back forth on all day.

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1st, how many minutes do I have to play? I am certain I could start the game mug somebody going for a bucket and get the hook while the FTs are taken. Easy Peasy, I would have 82 fouls in 41 minutes:D

You are comparing one of the worst FG% in the clutch (Kobe) to one of the best (LBJ). There is also the argument with such an improvement over replacement that they would not have been in that clutch spot.

You mean like not as good physically talented? Because nobody would ever say that Kobe is a better physical specimen or more skilled outside of a Laker homer, the GOAT resume's you can go back forth on all day.

Actually, majority of the people will tell you that Kobe is more skilled.

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Glad to see Kobe supporting his teammates.

What an ass clown.

Last edited by a moderator:

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Glad to see Kobe supporting his teammates.

[MEDIA=twitter]445622083989430272[/MEDIA]

What an ass clown.

I was really confused for a minute. OK so Kobe reportedly told Young that he "doesn't talk to players on teams 20 games under .500".

I am laughing and I can't tell if this is complete ass clownery or Kobe is trying his best to motivate them?

My conclusion is that he sucks at motivating teammates and when he tries it comes off as being an un-supportive ass clown. It isn't Kobe's fault, he just isn't good at these things, as PJ said in his book.

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It seems every time Kobe tries to motivate the Lakers best player it rubs them the wrong way. Or maybe Kobe just hates being the 2nd best player on his team and that is why he ran Shaq, Dwight and now Young out of the LAL?

"However, Kobe has been known to try to motivate players by calling them out, for example telling Pau Gasol to “but his big boy pants on” last season. While Kobe’s motives have worked with Gasol, they have caused him to clash heads with the likes of Shaquille O’Neal and Dwight Howard, who both departed Los Angeles after failing to get along with Kobe."

It now seems that these tactics are rubbing the current best player on the Lakers roster wrong as well and he will "be a Laker fan for life" but just won't wear the Lakers jersey.

Lakers News: Nick Young Talks About Kobe Bryant's Trash-Talking | Lakers Nation

Lakers News: Nick Young May Leave Lakers In The Off-Season | Lakers Nation

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It seems every time Kobe tries to motivate the Lakers best player it rubs them the wrong way. Or maybe Kobe just hates being the 2nd best player on his team and that is why he ran Shaq, Dwight and now Young out of the LAL?

"However, Kobe has been known to try to motivate players by calling them out, for example telling Pau Gasol to “but his big boy pants on” last season. While Kobe’s motives have worked with Gasol, they have caused him to clash heads with the likes of Shaquille O’Neal and Dwight Howard, who both departed Los Angeles after failing to get along with Kobe."

It now seems that these tactics are rubbing the current best player on the Lakers roster wrong as well and he will "be a Laker fan for life" but just won't wear the Lakers jersey.

Lakers News: Nick Young Talks About Kobe Bryant's Trash-Talking | Lakers Nation

Lakers News: Nick Young May Leave Lakers In The Off-Season | Lakers Nation

Of course it could be Nick Young's last few games as a Laker. He has a player option for next year. If he chooses to opt out, the Lakers could be outbid. It will come down to how much money he wants, how much the Lakers are willing to pay and how badly he wants to come back. Before he got hurt, he played well enough that he undoubtedly made himself some money.

You forgot this part of the article:

Young and Kobe have been known to tease each other, so it’s hard to tell if Kobe was simply messing around with him or being serious.

I haven't always been a fan of how Kobe chooses to motivate teammates. He knows only one way and his way isn't exactly "one size fits all". I could easily see this as Kobe teasing Nick, but I can also see him being a jerk and saying that as well or as an attempt to motivate.

Ultimately though, he should probably just shut the hell up for the rest of the season and concentrate on his rehab.

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Young and Kobe have been known to tease each other, so it’s hard to tell if Kobe was simply messing around with him or being serious.

Ultimately though, he should probably just shut the hell up for the rest of the season and concentrate on his rehab.

:agree:

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The thing that makes me think Kobe was just messing with him is that Nick Young is the Lakers "class clown" (and I mean in a good way). The guy is always talking, always having fun, loves to joke with and trash talk his teammates and he makes no exceptions for Kobe. Kobe also likes himself some trash talk, so it stands to reason that these 2 would bust on each other.

Then again, that's the thing with Kobe, hard to tell when he's just trash talking or being serious with something like that.:noidea: