• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: LETS BEGIN THE KOBE HATERS CLUB!!!!

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody's mad, it is just funny. Kobe is being a primadonna lately so it seems proper to have a good laugh about him.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's being a primadonna calling himself out yesterday?

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Takes a bunch of money then slams the organization for not putting a good product on the court, states he does not want to play for Dantoni and he has maybe 500 minutes left in his career. Airs all of this publicly rather than behind closed doors where it should be discussed like professionals, maybe just a drama queen rather than primadonna.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Takes a bunch of money then slams the organization for not putting a good product on the court, states he does not want to play for Dantoni and he has maybe 500 minutes left in his career. Airs all of this publicly rather than behind closed doors where it should be discussed like professionals, maybe just a drama queen rather than primadonna.

He didn't slam the organization for not putting a good product on the court this season. He called them out to get their act together this summer.

He didn't say he doesn't want to play for D'Antoni. Find me the quote, not some unnamed source BS.

500 minutes is your personal guess. You can't predict the future.

Oh yeah, he called himself out in the presser.

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He didn't slam the organization for not putting a good product on the court this season. He called them out to get their act together this summer.

He didn't say he doesn't want to play for D'Antoni. Find me the quote, not some unnamed source BS.

500 minutes is your educated guess. You can't predict the future.

Things often look like magic that others can not understand (or refuse to accept in this case), it is not magic or fortune telling and I am not looking into a crystal ball.

Add self loathing to the list.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

500 minutes is your personal guess. You can't predict the future.

Bottom line is that Kobe stated in the media what everyone, Lakers fan or not, has been saying all season long. The Lakers need to get things done right in the off-season.

They need to decide the direction that this franchise is going and start making the moves to get there. That means they need to figure out what players they need and who is best to coach those players.

That means Jim, Jeannie, Mitch, etc. need to make sure they are on the same page and make the right moves. It's not like Kobe revealed some big secret or that everything was moving along great and then Kobe decided to upset the apple cart. Everyone knows the Lakers have some big decisions to make in the off-season, Kobe just came out and said it in the press.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
7 more months to get his knees right. It's not crazy to think he'll come back and be able to play more than 500 minutes over the next two seasons.

Self loathing? Come on man. Don't be such a hater (or a troll).

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
7 more months to get his knees right. It's not crazy to think he'll come back and be able to play more than 500 minutes over the next two seasons.

Self loathing? Come on man. Don't be such a hater (or a troll).

Yeah, 500 minutes over 2 seasons is pretty stupid. That would average out to about 3 minutes per game over the next 2 seasons.

It seems more likely that he would determine that he just isn't going to be able to return and decided to retire and play zero minutes than to play only 500 over the next 2 seasons.

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he retires does he still get $48m?

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he retires does he still get $48m?

Yes, I believe the money is guaranteed. I think it works the same as if Nash decides to retire. He still gets his money, but it no longer counts against the cap.

Where it may be different is if it's a "medical retirement" or just a standard retirement (I don't know if that changes anything). I'd expect that if Kobe were to retire before this contract is up, it would have to be a medical retirement. Outside of that, if Kobe can play at all, he will.

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lakers Q&A: Kevin Durant details mentorship from Kobe Bryant | Inside the Lakers

Durant calls kobe greatest of all time in this article. Hate on that

He did come right out and say just that but I think taking that sentence at face value with out reading the rest of the answer may be misleading. If he does think Kobe is GOAT on our style of lists then that is LOLable.

“Of course. He’s the greatest of all time. His skill is second to none. Him and MJ are neck and neck as far as skill. You can put in athleticism and be the best passer and strongest and quickest. But it’s about skill. I think that’s how his game is played. That’s why Kobe is the top two best ever in just having skill, footwork, shooting the three, shooting the pull up, posting up, dunking on guys and ball handling. It’s flat out skill. Him and Jordan are 1 and 1 a. They’re neck and neck as far as the skills are concerned.”

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He did come right out and say just that but I think taking that sentence at face value with out reading the rest of the answer may be misleading. If he does think Kobe is GOAT on our style of lists then that is LOLable.

“Of course. He’s the greatest of all time. His skill is second to none. Him and MJ are neck and neck as far as skill. You can put in athleticism and be the best passer and strongest and quickest. But it’s about skill. I think that’s how his game is played. That’s why Kobe is the top two best ever in just having skill, footwork, shooting the three, shooting the pull up, posting up, dunking on guys and ball handling. It’s flat out skill. Him and Jordan are 1 and 1 a. They’re neck and neck as far as the skills are concerned.”

Seems a pretty good assessment by KD. As far as the overall GOAT, I personally wouldn't put Kobe in that convo. But from the skills standpoint that KD uses, it seems pretty accurate. I don't think that even Kobe's biggest haters have ever questioned his skill.

TRIPLE 777

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kobe is the most overrated player and always had issues that he aired through the media rather than behind closed like a leader would.

Now, he has maybe 500 minutes left and he wants the coach fired.
JIM BUSS MADE IT VERY CLEAR--MIKE D'ANTONIO WILL NOT BE FIRED.-- HE WILL GET A CONTRACT EXTENSION---WHEN THE TIME COMES-..U CAN COUNT ON THAT-LAKER FANS
I HOPE MIKE D'ANTONIO--KEEPS COACHING THE LAKERS- JIM BUSS U HAVE MY VOTE..LOL

trojanfight

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Read a quote today Nash saying he knows he probably won't play again but won't retire because wants the money. That's dirty

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Things could get interesting if Kobe and the Lakers butt heads over enough issues and game plans. As it turns out retirements with years left are actually buy outs so both parties would need to agree to the deal.

If the Lakers are indeed giving Dantoni an extension and looking to rebuild in a couple years rather than immediately I can only see friction.

How Jason Kidd Retiring Affects the Knicks Salary Cap Situation | The Knicks Blog

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
images