• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Let’s watch some pitchers hit at the home of Banny 04/07-04/08

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I kinda feel bad for the guy, but we did take him off the scrap heap once already and he’s had tons of chances.

I think we have guys on the bench who could be more productive. I wish they would cut into odors playing time, but obviously that won’t happen.
Odor is probably just heating up.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Odor is probably just heating up.

I disagree.

He had 2 hits against Toronto in a game where we scored 10 runs and the jays pitchers were all terrible.

We just finished the series with Pittsburgh and he only had one hit total.

I don’t see any indication that he’s going to break out and start mashing.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot of ranger fans are upset that Pence is going to be a regular in the lineup now. They seem to think Willie Calhoun should be up here getting ABs. It’s disappointing that some people have already mentally punted on this season when we still have 128 games left.

The front office can’t pull the plug on this team until late July at the earliest in my opinion.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot of ranger fans are upset that Pence is going to be a regular in the lineup now. They seem to think Willie Calhoun should be up here getting ABs. It’s disappointing that some people have already mentally punted on this season when we still have 128 games left.

The front office can’t pull the plug on this team until late July at the earliest in my opinion.

I'm watching Forsyth and Santana. These two have played well and could easily be sought by other teams. Frankly we don't need two UIF.

Uncle Siggy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They seem to think Willie Calhoun should be up here getting ABs.

He'll never be a regular player for the Rangers he'll end up in another zipcode before he gets playing time in the majors, if he ever does.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He'll never be a regular player for the Rangers he'll end up in another zipcode before he gets playing time in the majors, if he ever does.

I agree, I like to see what a lot of the fan base is thinking tho.

Some people have this viewpoint that this year is all about our young core. Which is Maz, gallo, Odor, and Guzman. They don’t seem to care about anything else.

My thinking is if you listened to those people we might not be good again until 2025. You gotta strike a balance between developing a young core and bringing in good vets. The rangers have done that.

Last year the bench was Robinson, Rua, and tocci. This year it’s santana, pence ( not anymore tho), and Forsythe.

How long has left field been a gaping black hole of despair for this team? Not to be mean to Rua, but the guy just wasn’t hitting. We couldn’t find a left fielder who could hit....... until we got pence.

Last edited:

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Odor better take note of what happened to DDJ.

I don’t know man. Odor has some kind of mystique about him in the ranger organization. The announcers constantly make excuses for him, JD talks glowingly about him, Woodward called him “ the heart and soul of this team”.

Look at odor vs Delino. When Odor stinks it up, it’s explained away as “he’s following the process, doing everything we ask, results will come soon” , but we’ve been hearing that crap for several weeks now.

When Delino stinks it up, nobody is in his corner and he’s back to triple AAA. We don’t know how closely Delino was “buying in” and “following the process” but, the point I’m trying to make and what I don’t understand is why the hell does results matter for other players like Delino and Forsythe, but they don’t seem to matter for Odor?

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

As the goes on you may easily be right.

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny thing about DDJ to AAA is if he goes to CF he replaces Tocci. Also needs spots for Willie Rakes and Granite. All 3 I would rather see get ABs than DDJ. Guess Willie is getting some 2B but the lineup is going to be pretty static IMO

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t know man. Odor has some kind of mystique about him in the ranger organization. The announcers constantly make excuses for him, JD talks glowingly about him, Woodward called him “ the heart and soul of this team”.

Look at odor vs Delino. When Odor stinks it up, it’s explained away as “he’s following the process, doing everything we ask, results will come soon” , but we’ve been hearing that crap for several weeks now.

When Delino stinks it up, nobody is in his corner and he’s back to triple AAA. We don’t know how closely Delino was “buying in” and “following the process” but, the point I’m trying to make and what I don’t understand is why the hell does results matter for other players like Delino and Forsythe, but they don’t seem to matter for Odor?

Odor has the tools. DDJ is lacking and can not handle the 95+ FB.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, I like to see what a lot of the fan base is thinking tho.

Some people have this viewpoint that this year is all about our young core. Which is Maz, gallo, Odor, and Guzman. They don’t seem to care about anything else.

My thinking is if you listened to those people we might not be good again until 2025. You gotta strike a balance between developing a young core and bringing in good vets. The rangers have done that.

Last year the bench was Robinson, Rua, and tocci. This year it’s santana, pence ( not anymore tho), and Forsythe.

How long has left field been a gaping black hole of despair for this team? Not to be mean to Rua, but the guy just wasn’t hitting. We couldn’t find a left fielder who could hit....... until we got pence.
What good vets have been brought in to be a part of this rebuild or our future? Pence Mathis Cabrera are here as band aids till IKF is ready and young replacements get here. Pitching is another chapter in the rebuild.Some think help is on the way.

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thought of the Day: Never pinch hit with a ba .184 and and ground out on a fielder's choice! You may get your a$$ optioned.

PhantomWarrior

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well that went well today. Missed the game at work watched the highlights. Good late innings comeback.

See Roogie went yard again. Good.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sticking with a player because you think he can play his way out of a slump while you give up on another is sort of a self-fulfilling prophecy. The ones you let play their way out of a slump do so eventually unless they are completely overmatched at the big league level.