• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Let’s go get the Baker!!

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Geno accepted his role later in his career. Baker doesn't
Might have been easier for Geno since he had little to no success early. Baker was successful as a rookie and played really well year 3. He's also 32. Baker is 27.

Fair to say Baker may never be the guy he was in 2020 again and will need to accept another role to try and prove himself again...if he's able.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Geno accepted his role later in his career. Baker doesn't
I blame the television commercials, gave Baker a false sense of security

Mayfield has always been better when the job is handed to him...that isn't the NFL for long

Canada pays pretty good, and the comp. wouldn't be there. Ask Johnny football.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Might have been easier for Geno since he had little to no success early. Baker was successful as a rookie and played really well year 3. He's also 32. Baker is 27.

Fair to say Baker may never be the guy he was in 2020 again and will need to accept another role to try and prove himself again...if he's able.

Yes but as of right now, Baker is still cocky. He seems the think that he's an elite starter, when literally half the league are passing on him and the other half have no need for him.

Right now the best he can hope for is a team like the Rams or Niners pick him up for the rest of the season so he can prove himself while their starting QBs are out of the year.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes but as of right now, Baker is still cocky. He seems the think that he's an elite starter, when literally half the league are passing on him and the other half have no need for him.

Right now the best he can hope for is a team like the Rams or Niners pick him up for the rest of the season so he can prove himself while their starting QBs are out of the year.

Where did you get the impression that Baker was still cocky?

Word out of Carolina and what he said in the media was that he had done a good job of being the backup. Literally came out and said he didnt want to be traded after he was benched and that Walker deserved to be out there.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Mayfield has always been better when the job is handed to him...that isn't the NFL for long

Did you mean better when the job is or isn't handed to him?

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You really think BM and JM's career are comparable?

One was the 1st overall pick. The other was the 22nd pick.

One set a then rookie TD mark, won a playoff game and has 30 career wins. The other went 2-6 as a starter.

And as far as him doing better when things are handed to him he wasn't handed the starting job in Cleveland his rookie year. And didn't he have to win the starting job in Carolina before it was handed to him? Don't remember if he was named the started when he got there or not.

Also he was walk on at Texas Tech and Oklahoma. He really wasn't handed anything.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now guys.. and gals..

I’ve been one of Bakers biggest critics, but if Geno can do it..?

I personally have never liked Baker. Dude has to be humbled by now. He was way too cocky

He's certainly better than the dastardly duo behind Stafford, but the Rams have their remaining picks almost to the top of the rounds, why hurt that?

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And that's the big difference between Geno and Baker.

Geno was willing to wait and prove himself. Baker still thinks he's hot shit.

Geno is on his fourth team at age 32. Give Baker some time.

Geno still feels like a blip to me. Can this honestly continue past this year? Will Seattle even give him the opportunity beyond being a bridge next year?

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Geno is on his fourth team at age 32. Give Baker some time.

Geno still feels like a blip to me. Can this honestly continue past this year? Will Seattle even give him the opportunity beyond being a bridge next year?

As a hawks fan he's the surprise of the season to me. Whether he can do it next year will remain to be seen. Also depends on how much he wants to get paid.

And hey, he's doing a better job than Wilson and they're in line to get a top 5 pick :D

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a hawks fan he's the surprise of the season to me. Whether he can do it next year will remain to be seen. Also depends on how much he wants to get paid.

And hey, he's doing a better job than Wilson and they're in line to get a top 5 pick :D

That's the thing, gotta figure they're at least considering QB with that Denver pick. This season from Geno has been a gift, but I wouldn't count on it long term; it's too much of an outlier in his career.

VikingFan2k2

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Super Bowl VICTORY hangover, get it right. Oh, you're a Vikings fan, don't understand that concept? :boink:

Looking in the past, you would fit well in with Packers fans.

giphy.gif

Thank you for KOC. Now you can go back to being irrelevant.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking in the past, you would fit well in with Packers fans.

giphy.gif

Thank you for KOC. Now you can go back to being irrelevant.

Yeah, all the way back to last year lol. I understand 0-4 is painful....I'm also a Bills fan (by birth, lol).

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's certainly better than the dastardly duo behind Stafford, but the Rams have their remaining picks almost to the top of the rounds, why hurt that?

They waived him right? We have to give up draft picks to get him? Thought we just had to claim him

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You really think BM and JM's career are comparable?

One was the 1st overall pick. The other was the 22nd pick.

One set a then rookie TD mark, won a playoff game and has 30 career wins. The other went 2-6 as a starter.

And as far as him doing better when things are handed to him he wasn't handed the starting job in Cleveland his rookie year. And didn't he have to win the starting job in Carolina before it was handed to him? Don't remember if he was named the started when he got there or not.

Also he was walk on at Texas Tech and Oklahoma. He really wasn't handed anything.
Must be me. I don't recall saying what you imply here. I also remember not being a Browns fan favorite due to my opinion of Mr. Mayfield.

Here we go.
The reference was more going to Canada for the cash & being a big thing for Canadian football.

The problem I had from day one WAS BEING THE NUMBER ONE PICK OVERALL. He was not the best QB from a questionable QB draft.
One of the all-time reaches for a team trying to sell interest. Number one picks overall plays, that job was Baker's.

walk on?
Sure but this 6'1 HS QB's with an attitude had multiple offers to play college football. Just not the big-time school he saw and took a partial at Tech. Won the job, played lights out for a couple of games and fell off in conference play. He wanted a full ride and starter status going into the next season. Tech wasn't ready to name him stater cause some kid named Mahomes was heading to Lubbock.

Sooooo, he pulled up stakes and took his act to his favorite college team as a kid. Quess what? He walked on cause he couldn't play that season cause of the transfer rules then. He got the scholarship the next season and played three seasons as OU's scholarship QB.

I'm sure opinions vary.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Must be me. I don't recall saying what you imply here. I also remember not being a Browns fan favorite due to my opinion of Mr. Mayfield.

Here we go.
The reference was more going to Canada for the cash & being a big thing for Canadian football.

The problem I had from day one WAS BEING THE NUMBER ONE PICK OVERALL. He was not the best QB from a questionable QB draft.
One of the all-time reaches for a team trying to sell interest. Number one picks overall plays, that job was Baker's.

walk on?
Sure but this 6'1 HS QB's with an attitude had multiple offers to play college football. Just not the big-time school he saw and took a partial at Tech. Won the job, played lights out for a couple of games and fell off in conference play. He wanted a full ride and starter status going into the next season. Tech wasn't ready to name him stater cause some kid named Mahomes was heading to Lubbock.

Sooooo, he pulled up stakes and took his act to his favorite college team as a kid. Quess what? He walked on cause he couldn't play that season cause of the transfer rules then. He got the scholarship the next season and played three seasons as OU's scholarship QB.

I'm sure opinions vary.

"I also remember not being a Browns fan favorite due to my opinion of Mr. Mayfield."

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Yeah nice try. I'm the one Browns fan that from the moment BM was drafted by my team I was disappointed. And I never really supported him while he was in Cleveland. So take that "my opinion of Mr. Mayfield" stuff somewhere else. It doesn't apply to me.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Completely incorrect. But if this is your only argument, that everything's been handed to him then you've decided to create your own incorrect reality on this topic.

I understand not liking him. Because I've been one of his biggest critics since he got to the league. But nothing was handed to him. Walk-on's aren't handed anything. They have to earn it.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Here we go.

walk on?

I'm sure opinions vary.
Holy Hyperbole Batman. "all time reaches"? Many thought he would go top 5 and some didn't think #1 was crazy. Your comment after that was beyond absurd, though. The team sells out every game and has for quite some time. Their local ratings were pretty good as well despite how bad we were. Guessing most fans thought we'd take Darnold and that's who they wanted. IF it was about fan interest that would have been the choice.