• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Leinart decapitates Whisenhunt

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is Wis just the white Caldwell?

Matt Leinart: Warner, not Whisenhunt, got us to a Super Bowl | ProFootballTalk

"I don’t think it’s a great fit, and I don’t think it’s great timing, and here’s why,” Leinart said of the Titans hiring Whisenhunt. “You look at his tenure in Arizona — only two years, he had success, and in those two years, Kurt Warner ran that football team — I was a part of it. Every single Monday, Kurt Warner would come in and implement 20 to 30 new plays which he would say ‘I want these in my game plan.’ We became a spread offense and we became Kurt Warner’s offense. Then Kurt Warner retires, they go 5-11 twice and they go 8-8.”

oh my.

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would give it more credibility if it was Warner and not Leinart blasting Whiz. But I get the point. Whizenhut has had success and much like Caldwell you could point to a star QB as creating that success.

The difference in perception between Caldwell and Whisenhut is the management team targeted Whisenhut and believed him to be the better choice. And maybe it is comparing 6 of one and a 1/2 dozen of another. But when you are told the 6 of one is the better selection you tend to believe it.

While Whiz and Caldwell may look a lot alike the undeniable fact their was demand for Whiz and none for Caldwell, outside of Detroit.

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would give it more credibility if it was Warner and not Leinart blasting Whiz. But I get the point. Whizenhut has had success and much like Caldwell you could point to a star QB as creating that success.

The difference in perception between Caldwell and Whisenhut is the management team targeted Whisenhut and believed him to be the better choice. And maybe it is comparing 6 of one and a 1/2 dozen of another. But when you are told the 6 of one is the better selection you tend to believe it.

While Whiz and Caldwell may look a lot alike the undeniable fact their was demand for Whiz and none for Caldwell, outside of Detroit.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What's interesting is that Leinart was blasting Wis even before TN hired him. He tweeted out about how poor the SD O was vs. Denver right after the loss. Sounds like he really hates the guy.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's nice to see Leinart in the news. :L

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's interesting is that Leinart was blasting Wis even before TN hired him. He tweeted out about how poor the SD O was vs. Denver right after the loss. Sounds like he really hates the guy.

I always wonder if it's an axe to grind with a guy. Leinart could blame his woes on Whiz and this is the first chance he had to really unload.

Last edited by a moderator:

LucklessPadresFan

Creedence Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Leinart has been one of the biggest busts in the past decade. At least two starting quarterbacks--Warner and Jeff Garcia--both publically discussed Leinart's lack of preparation and work ethic needed for an NFL starting QB. Warner even went as far to say that Leinart was lazy and would not take advice and seemed to think that his natural abilities would get him the starting job. Leinart needs to STFU and try to become a starting QB.

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Leinart has been one of the biggest busts in the past decade. At least two starting quarterbacks--Warner and Jeff Garcia--both publically discussed Leinart's lack of preparation and work ethic needed for an NFL starting QB. Warner even went as far to say that Leinart was lazy and would not take advice and seemed to think that his natural abilities would get him the starting job. Leinart needs to STFU and try to become a starting QB.

It's America! It's you god given right to blame everyone and anyone else for your problems!

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I always wonder if it's an axe to grind with a guy. Leinart could blame his woes on Whiz and this is the first chance he had to really unload.

I'm sure it is. It's still funny and still probably has some truth to it.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Leinart has just sealed his fate in the NFL. He was apparently done playing. What a dumb, dumb thing to do.

I will say that the only negative thing I'm hearing on Nashville talk radio from excited fans is that Whisenhunt seemed to have his QBs on a very short leash and they're concerned that we're going to draft a QB with the #11 pick and throw Locker under the bus too soon.

I disagree and think Locker is for real. If however he has another leg injury early, put him on IR and move on.

jayfan

{firestan}
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What Leinart said about Warner running the show is entirely true. Warner himself talked about it just a couple of weeks ago.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Leinart has just sealed his fate in the NFL. He was apparently done playing. What a dumb, dumb thing to do.

I will say that the only negative thing I'm hearing on Nashville talk radio from excited fans is that Whisenhunt seemed to have his QBs on a very short leash and they're concerned that we're going to draft a QB with the #11 pick and throw Locker under the bus too soon.

I disagree and think Locker is for real. If however he has another leg injury early, put him on IR and move on.

I know I suck with predictions this year so far but don't be surprised to see your Titans pull a big trade (maybe w the Rams) and take Johnny Football. The Titans love those scrambling QB's.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When Leinart was here in Phoenix with the Cards, it was well-known amongst the locals that he enjoyed holding a clipboard for a million + per year. He wanted little or nothing to do with actually playing and was content to stand on the sidelines with a clipboard and collect game checks. Apparently little has changed with this guy.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's America! It's you god given right to blame everyone and anyone else for your problems!

GeeDee right it is! Now who made you leave the "r" off of "your" JDW?

Last edited by a moderator:

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would give it more credibility if it was Warner and not Leinart blasting Whiz.
Warner isn't the type of guy that is going to blast anyone.

Whisenhunt is a Pittsburgh Steelers type of coach. Thats all you really need to say about him.

Warner was able to have success with his Dennis Green style team and now Palmer is going to have success with his Whisenhunt/Steelers style of team. Sometimes the last coach and the last GM dictate a little in how the current coach and GM are going to do. The best teams find at least a little continuity to match systems with the best players on their roster

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im sure leinart hated the guy. Whis saw he sucked immediately and started warner. Nah, theres mo hard feelings there.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think it would be a great move by whis, seeing as how I dont believe in locker.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it would be a great move by whis, seeing as how I dont believe in locker.

Do not think he is "elite type" at all. Still early to say he is a bust. China doll maybe??? SHoulda coulda woulda like to have seen what Titans did with him all year. IMO he gets the 2 other wins and gets the tiebreak over Chargers.