• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lee signs 6 year extension

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought the original post laid claim to being what TE bails out their QB more than Witten does, if not my bad, I am working and trying to keep up, probably my fault. If so hey everyone is entitled to one or two lol

No you are correct...
Thing I don't see is any of the guys you named ( outside of Gronk) making a 3 yard catch in traffic....
Now TG can hit the middle and outjump a Lber but he needs space to do it .. Same with JG ...
Gronk can run block as well as be a threat so I rank him higher than the other two

Now if you ask who I want to make a tough catch ... 3rd down .. in traffic ... I take Witten ... Davis as my second option
I'll take your three if I wanna run a fluke play for big yardage.... but not in a NEED and MUST HAVE situation

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly have no idea about this, but isn't 1/2 inch longer arms about what you would expect for only two inches taller? Anyway, it seems we all see Escobar with a bigger red zone role than overall role and Lord knows we could use a few more TDs in those situations.

idk I would think more than that but who knows, lol

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree on Witten being near the top at that because he just seems to find the soft spot in the zone or be able to get separation from his guy, but Vernon? Guy was a ghost for a big part of the year and dropped a bunch of balls.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No you are correct...
Thing I don't see is any of the guys you named ( outside of Gronk) making a 3 yard catch in traffic....
Now TG can hit the middle and outjump a Lber but he needs space to do it .. Same with JG ...
Gronk can run block as well as be a threat so I rank him higher than the other two

Now if you ask who I want to make a tough catch ... 3rd down .. in traffic ... I take Witten ... Davis as my second option
I'll take your three if I wanna run a fluke play for big yardage.... but not in a NEED and MUST HAVE situation

Bro idk, man I see VD drop way to many passes and I have seen Jimmy, Tony G, and Gronk get killed going over the middle.

As for complete TE's and who I would rank top 3

1.) Gronk
2.) Witten
3.) VD

Catching

1.) Gronk
2.) Jimmy G
3.) Greg Olsen

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What I saw was Vd dropping passes when they tried to make him "gronk" rather than who he is.... drops came when they used him as a WR and not natural TE ....
Used as a TE ... 3-5-8 yards ... dude will put his head down catch the ball and not take but deliver a hit ....
SF wants to go crazy and use him as a receiver .... I think it's a fail... not his game ... and has never worked when they have tried it before .( in situations)

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I can see the PASSING DOWN red zone looks going to Escobar because he seems to have the better hands and is a little bigger, but I'll pick Hanna for more catches and snaps if I had to choose.

I agree...It's just that Jerry and company defended the pick from the start talking about his hands, size and ability to position is body in the red zone area. Jerry has always been aware of the criticisms stirred by the media will see that Escobar gets the opportunity to flash what they defended.

Saw today where Witten has 800 plus catches and only 44 TD's. He was an end zone target in the red zone once last year and that was a score. they said Witten was asked to help on DE more often in the short field. Seem logical with the other two being piss poor blockers that again Witten stays and blocks while Escober gets the opportunities to show why Jerry and company drafted this guy

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What about Tony Gonzalez, he's probably the best pass catching and route running TE

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What about Tony Gonzalez, he's probably the best pass catching and route running TE

we named him ... Just as TG rather than typing his whole name out

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree on Witten being near the top at that because he just seems to find the soft spot in the zone or be able to get separation from his guy, but Vernon? Guy was a ghost for a big part of the year and dropped a bunch of balls.
I agree with Jarntt. Davis is gifted & has tons of potential & has done well, but with that said I still say people overrate him, because of what they expect him to do. I would take all four TEs over Davis for a year.

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with Jarntt. Davis is gifted & has tons of potential & has done well, but with that said I still say people overrate him, because of what they expect him to do. I would take all four TEs over Davis for a year.

My opinion is what it is ... just an opinion .. I go Witten Davis Gronk ... Gronk would hells be up there if he was healthy .... fact is he just isnt which makes him a liability

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can any of you Cowboy experts explain how they fit this into there salary cap. I was under the impression that 2014 they were in big trouble salary wise. Last I read they had 6 guys signed at a 100 million cap and had 21 million for the other 45 guys. How were they able to do this significant deal with no cap space? Thanks to the person who can answer how Jerry swung this very important signing. Maybe the anticipated cap space from letting Anthony Spencer walk?

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can any of you Cowboy experts explain how they fit this into there salary cap. I was under the impression that 2014 they were in big trouble salary wise. Last I read they had 6 guys signed at a 100 million cap and had 21 million for the other 45 guys. How were they able to do this significant deal with no cap space? Thanks to the person who can answer how Jerry swung this very important signing. Maybe the anticipated cap space from letting Anthony Spencer walk?

2015 is the year that looks to be the tough one to manage. If you look at Lee's contract you'll see that he is taking a pay cut of 2.5M for that year. Sorry PE1 you dreams of Lee in Green are dead.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If you look at the highest cap numbers for the Cowboys next year, its Romo, Ware, Witten, etc. Each of these guys has always been willing to redo their deal to help the team. I'm not expert like Nets or some of the guys on here, but if there's a guy with 4 years left, that has a $17 million base, and Jones wrote him a $16 million check, that would convert the $16 million to signing bonus, meaning $4 million per year would count against the cap, along with his new $1 million base, for a $5 million number instead of $17. You would have to add any signing bonus money that was prorated from his original deal, but with Jerry willing to shell out money and vet's willing to rework their deals, Dallas is never in the dire situation ESPN and others make them out to be

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys know me from all the years posting together, and I have a pretty good read on some of you as well. It's hard not to converse this many years and not get a feel for the person on a particular topic....like this team. I must say since arriving at SportsHoopla there is some positioning going on and that's fine....you can refer to yourselves as cap experts all you want. Frankly, if you wanna invest the time to educate us on current who's making what kinda money, that's fine but to think you know who will be what and who will be gone is 2 or 3 years is comical.....not even the draft experts who get paid are this BOLD or cocky....pending one's own views reading your posts about all things Dallas cap. I've always found the article at season's end that explains that coming years cap, dead money, free agents and scenarios about the different possible restructures to be the most informative for the coming season.

nets.....you are a trip dude. You run this inside connection stuff and I still laugh out loud. I've said this before to you and will again here....I've had the Cowboys for a client since Jerry bought the team. Sat at conference tables in the early days with Jerry and known many people over the years with inside information. Twenty four years is a long time. My Dad worked for Landry for 15 years on game days. I've held many opinion conversations over the season's that didn't land me any such thing as the inside information you have claimed on many occasions here. Unlike you, I don't play this card cause the card ain't worth nothing when everyone sits behind a keyboard and can say they are this or they are that.....Who really cares? Is this about board stature or something? Sorry, not being an ass but the points are valid. I really do come to these sites to talk football, bounce off opinions and defend opinions against opinions I deem stupid. I have never received inside information of any kind and the professionals I've known wouldn't share such information. Now you seem to be near the age of my two oldest son's and if you have a buddy working video or something...he wasn't got any more than you are I. I seriously have to question anyone sitting inside coaches or management meetings that would share with a guy who takes that information to a internet chat board. IF that guy truly is there then he should be fired today. Just my opinion and trust me Nets....I like your football input and enjoyed the football debates over the years when they arrive. I could learn from you on how to conduct oneself here by not getting into the back & forth with troll opinions, BUT I don't what to do that. That remains a large part of the entertainment of posting on football chat board for me. I'm just not impressed with the reference that you have inside information and if you actually do....this is not the place to bring such claims. We should all be guys just talking football.....and with that...

"If Jerry cut Emmett and TO he will cut anyone trust me"

No way I trust your opinion here when Jerry's biggest problem has been his reluctance to let players go because of past performances. That was what Landry and Tex did better than any Cowboy management ever.... they turned the roster if you couldn't play at a high performance, no matter past accomplishments. Jerry falls in love with the players and many times that killed the development of quality younger players. Yes he allowed Emmitt to get the record but the business side finally kicked in and Emmitt had to go since he wanted to continue to play. Owens? LOL...he should never be used as a Cowboy example. He shoulda never been here and he sure as hell wasn't let go before his time.

Just my opinions....no disrespect intended

Who's Emmett?

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just Kidding Bro, I've looked back on some crazy shit from my auto correct lol

It's all good, I don't take anything personal. I have had a lot worse than that though. I texted a girl last night and was asking if I could have some bread, but it sent can I have some head instead.