• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lee signs 6 year extension

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Escobar could be the next Bennie Joppru.

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1 I have said I HATED the Escobar pick.
2. The reason I point out Hanna .... too many fuckers are in love with his 40 time to actually see the man cant catch a football worth a fuck for a tight end.

3. Call it what you want with me and Witten. When he retires he will hold every record stat wise by a tight end. He is on TG's doorstep right now and has alot more years left in the tank.
Jerry is all about the the business. Have the greatest TE (stat wise) retire as a Cowboy ... Shit that bypasses cap hit... to talk about restructuring of contracts....... you better damn well know that will find a way to happen.

Yes Jerry let Emmitt go... AFTER he broke the record. AFTER Troy was gone. After Mike Was gone... After Moose was gone. The Triplets were over ...

I stand behind what I said ... Witten is NEVER leaving until HE decides to stop playing. He will never wear another uniform in his NFL career

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
when was the last time witten actually scored the ball. Seems like he doesn't score as much as the others..... seems that way because it's true.

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
when was the last time witten actually scored the ball. Seems like he doesn't score as much as the others..... seems that way because it's true.

Who is ANY TE in the game... that bails his Qb out of bad situations more than Witten?

Name me ONE

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vernon Davis would have been the correct answer......

Go play in the sandbox

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nets, I know I wont convince you of anything, So Im going to just say this and then bow out of this thread

three months ago Cowboys nation swore up and down Free would be cut. You are forced to rely on cuts and restructures simply to become cap compliant over the next season or more. At some point most outside of Cowboys nation see it catching up... not because its just Cowboy hate... but because it has happened before to multiple teams.

Peace

Actually that is not true. There were a lot of discussions on cut versus restructure on the old board. Now for me, I said he SHOULD be cut. I said not cutting him is disgustingly stupid. I said I can't imagine how any sane person can even think about not cutting him. But knowing who runs our team, even I never swore he WOULD be cut. With all the cap issues we have this was one of our dumbest moves of all IMO. But, regardless of what I personally would have done and thought was a clear cut decision that any other team would have made, many felt a restructure was better and even more felt a restructure was what would happen. I still think they were wrong, but that ship has sailed...

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hanna is stinking it up in camp ( no saying that cause I dont like him .. which I dont... but it's a fact)
Escobar even looks like a player before season starts and hanna is our 3RD TE

Can't block can't catch ... 40 time for a TE is ALL he brings to the table

I repeat Witten is going no where... He's a TE with a 1,000 yard a year ALWAYS potential .. and not 3 TEs on this team can EQUAL his production much less out perform it COMBINED

Respect your opinion, but I say Hannah is the #2 guy this year - at least for the beginning. I also heard better about his camp this year. All I heard was about how poorly Escobar was doing and even though Hannah isn't a great blocker, I think he is a better blocker than Escobar. I really liked what I saw from him late last year, but, I obviously have to admit it was a small sample size. As long as Witten is healthy we may see more snaps from Rosario than both of them unless they both start to block a little better.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Respect your opinion, but I say Hannah is the #2 guy this year - at least for the beginning. I also heard better about his camp this year. All I heard was about how poorly Escobar was doing and even though Hannah isn't a great blocker, I think he is a better blocker than Escobar. I really liked what I saw from him late last year, but, I obviously have to admit it was a small sample size. As long as Witten is healthy we may see more snaps from Rosario than both of them unless they both start to block a little better.

I think you're right but they will take every opportunity from the start to get Escobar involved and those most likely in the red zone

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I can see the PASSING DOWN red zone looks going to Escobar because he seems to have the better hands and is a little bigger, but I'll pick Hanna for more catches and snaps if I had to choose.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vernon Davis would have been the correct answer......

Go play in the sandbox

I don't think Vernon would be the correct answer either, I would go with Gronk, Tony G, and Graham personally. Vernon is probably the most physically gifted TE but I have seen him miss way to many balls and have to many drops for my preference, although he is probably the best blocking TE in the NFL

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you're right but they will take every opportunity from the start to get Escobar involved and those most likely in the red zone

I honestly think you see alot more 3 TE sets this year as well as Escobar line up at WR in the Red Zone at times. Think about that, with Dez on the other side, a corner is to small to stop Escobar over the top, and putting a safety over there opens up the run game.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I can see the PASSING DOWN red zone looks going to Escobar because he seems to have the better hands and is a little bigger, but I'll pick Hanna for more catches and snaps if I had to choose.

Read an article where they said even though Escobar is taller, his arms are only like 1/2 inch longer than Hanna's or something to that nature.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I for one fully expect good things from Hanna this season 300-400 yards and 3-4 TD's

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Vernon would be the correct answer either, I would go with Gronk, Tony G, and Graham personally. Vernon is probably the most physically gifted TE but I have seen him miss way to many balls and have to many drops for my preference, although he is probably the best blocking TE in the NFL

Wow Nets you are starting to lose me ... every TE you named ... is a big play TE.... Gronk is the only one that you can even lay a claim on blocking.... and he's hurt...

Witten does it ALL

Are we talking football or fantasy football?

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly think you see alot more 3 TE sets this year as well as Escobar line up at WR in the Red Zone at times. Think about that, with Dez on the other side, a corner is to small to stop Escobar over the top, and putting a safety over there opens up the run game.

I just had déjà vu moment about how Dez, Miles, Witten and Bennett will be unstoppable in the red zone!!!

I agree on the 3 TE sets actually, but IMO it will be because we will run the ball a lot more.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Read an article where they said even though Escobar is taller, his arms are only like 1/2 inch longer than Hanna's or something to that nature.

I honestly have no idea about this, but isn't 1/2 inch longer arms about what you would expect for only two inches taller? Anyway, it seems we all see Escobar with a bigger red zone role than overall role and Lord knows we could use a few more TDs in those situations.

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just want the team to score TDs, no matter which TE is targeted. From what I've seen in the preseason thus far, we could be in for the same old same old.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow Nets you are starting to lose me ... every TE you named ... is a big play TE.... Gronk is the only one that you can even lay a claim on blocking.... and he's hurt...

Witten does it ALL

Are we talking football or fantasy football?

I thought the original post laid claim to being what TE bails out their QB more than Witten does, if not my bad, I am working and trying to keep up, probably my fault. If so hey everyone is entitled to one or two lol