• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

LeBron vs Bird

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, everyone wants to compare Jordan, Kobe vs LeBron. Jordan won't ever play the same position as LeBron. So, old enough to watch Bird and LeBron play, here's my opinion. LeBron is superior athletically. No one would argue that. Could peak LeBron cover peak Bird? Simple answer, no way. Magic Johnson was clear when he said who he thought was the best. MJ was the best but only after Larry Legend was passed his prime. A prime Bird couldn't contain LeBron but when Bird was in his prime, there has never been a better player. Bron has no chance to defend Bird.

raptorlife4

Long Time Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you are White you pick Bird

If you are Black or a cHeat fan you pick Lebron

LALakersboy24.7

I am the Lizard King
Hoopla Cash
$ 206.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thing about Lebron is that you can get in his head & Larry bird was just an Assasin..FACT!!

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bird would own LeBron, offensively. Kobe even admitted that Bird is overlooked bc he is white. In no way does LeBron stand a chance, offensively. Lbj is just great right now.

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, everyone wants to compare Jordan, Kobe vs LeBron. Jordan won't ever play the same position as LeBron. So, old enough to watch Bird and LeBron play, here's my opinion. LeBron is superior athletically. No one would argue that. Could peak LeBron cover peak Bird? Simple answer, no way. Magic Johnson was clear when he said who he thought was the best. MJ was the best but only after Larry Legend was passed his prime. A prime Bird couldn't contain LeBron but when Bird was in his prime, there has never been a better player. Bron has no chance to defend Bird.

I think one on one that LeBron takes it handily. He is just too gifted athletically. But in a team setting I like Larry but a slim margin; just played the team game so well.

Crotchrocker

Dominant Species
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In my opinion, one more title and Lebron leapfrogs Big O, Wilt, Magic and Bird and moves into the 4th slot on my all-time list.

Right now:

1) Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
2) Michael Jordan
3) Bill Russell
4) Larry Bird
5) Magic Johnson
6) Wilt Chamberlain
7) Oscar Robertson
8) Lebron James
9) Shaquille O'Neal
10) Tim Duncan

Word.

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is a really solid list, only one I do not agree with maybe is Duncan but can not think of who else to put there so, great list. I might switch 2 and 3 sometimes too.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Lebron beats Larry 1 on 1. Lebron is just too big and athletic for Larry to handle. However, Lebron may never get the ball back if Larry is on offense. Dude could hit from anywhere.

Brahmsian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you are White you pick Bird

If you are Black or a cHeat fan you pick Lebron

Race has nothing to do with off-court class or the lack of it.

Larry Bird was a class act both on the court and off. LeBron ONLY on the court.

Magic Johnson likewise was a class act on and off the court.

I would have loved seeing both Magic and Larry in Celtics unis. LeBron will be on my bleep list
until he voluntarily goes back to the Cavaliers. .

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How did he get HIV when his wife is negative? Cheating on your wife is not a class act.
To team mates, rivals, in front of the camera, yes a class act.
Though he was good enough to her that she stayed with him. Maybe they had some kind of understanding.
Still a knock in my book, but other than that he is one of the good guys.

Crotchrocker

Dominant Species
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brahmsian,
How is Lebron not a class act off the court? What did he do? By the way, Larry Bird is my favorite player of all-time. But Lebron married the mother of his children while Larry Legend basically abandoned the only child of his body. Of course that happened long, long ago and I'm sure he has changed but Lebron has never been accused of anything that heinous to my recollection. Please explain. Word.

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:agree::10:

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Lebron beats Larry 1 on 1. Lebron is just too big and athletic for Larry to handle. However, Lebron may never get the ball back if Larry is on offense. Dude could hit from anywhere.

I agree. Chris Mullin was like that. If he got the ball first or you missed he was going to win any 1 on 1 game.

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Race has nothing to do with off-court class or the lack of it.

Larry Bird was a class act both on the court and off. LeBron ONLY on the court.

I would have loved seeing both Magic and Larry in Celtics unis. LeBron will be on my bleep list
until he voluntarily goes back to the Cavaliers. .

I know for a fact Bird was an asshole off the court and heard he was on on the court as well. Magic did his dirt down in LA but had that personality to compensate for being unethical. I dont know much about Lebron other than hearsay and TV but he seems to be a class act.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How did he get HIV when his wife is negative? Cheating on your wife is not a class act.
To team mates, rivals, in front of the camera, yes a class act.
Though he was good enough to her that she stayed with him. Maybe they had some kind of understanding.
Still a knock in my book, but other than that he is one of the good guys.

Clearly, you have no clue re: HIV. Magic wasn't married when he contracted it and the only reason that he found out when he did, was that he had to take a physical for a life insurance policy that he was buying either shortly before or shortly after he and Cookie were married.

It's likely that Magic was HIV positive for at least a couple of years before he found out. As far as anyone knows, Magic never cheated on his wife.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As far as Bird vs. Lebron? It would depend on who got the ball and whether or not the game was played "make it, take it"!!

Lebron is too big, strong, fast and athletic for Bird to stop and Bird simply wouldn't miss if he got the ball first!!

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clearly, you have no clue re: HIV. Magic wasn't married when he contracted it and the only reason that he found out when he did, was that he had to take a physical for a life insurance policy that he was buying either shortly before or shortly after he and Cookie were married.

It's likely that Magic was HIV positive for at least a couple of years before he found out. As far as anyone knows, Magic never cheated on his wife.

Okay, they may not have been married yet, but hadn't they been together since like high school. If it wasn't a recent acquisition she almost certainly would have been positive also.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay, they may not have been married yet, but hadn't they been together since like high school. If it wasn't a recent acquisition she almost certainly would have been positive also.

They actually met in college and were "off and on" (mostly off) during most of Magic's NBA career. They remained close friendsthroughout Magic's career, but they weren't together as a couple during most of it.