• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

LeBron quitting on team USA.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has already played in two international Olympics and will be over 30 by the time the next one comes around. We have already seen to players who played in the international Olympics have problems with injuries, and I am convinced that is a lot of stress on the bodies as they get older. Let the younger guys represent our country. I am fine with that

I meant to say 3, but whatever - He has paid his dues and it's time for him to pass the torch

Runeman

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,650.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO, the game has provided him with a lot of money and notoriety. He should be willing to give some back. Rather selfish, IMO. I suspect he will see the error of his ways and reconsider. Lots of endorsements out there when he comes off as a decent person.

DaBearsShowPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I completely agree with Runeman on this one. This is only going to hurt his image more than gain because there are more Lebron haters out there than people who love him. Let him choose whatever he wants because he will never reach MJ's 6 titles.

SEC Official

Elongated Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO, the game has provided him with a lot of money and notoriety. He should be willing to give some back. Rather selfish, IMO. I suspect he will see the error of his ways and reconsider. Lots of endorsements out there when he comes off as a decent person.

I actually wouldn't be surprised if he leaves the game in his prime to pursue other business ventures... his ego combined with his accomplishments lead me to believe that...

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He does give back. Check out all the stuff he does. If he was selfish like you say then this doesnt make sense. Not playing will hurt not help him make more money.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The game has provided every player in the NBA with a lot of money. The veteran minimum for sitting on your ass and hoping for playing time is close to a million dollars. Lebron has already played in three international Olympics, what more do you want:gaah:

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mod, please join this thread with the heat haters thread?

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not sure I'm following this logic!! How exactly does him NOT playing in the Olympics and thus opening a spot for another player who has never played in the Olympics make him selfish? It seems to me, that it would be selfish for him to play again, even though he has already played in 3 and has 2 gold medals and deny another player that opportunity!!

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The game has provided every player in the NBA with a lot of money. The veteran minimum for sitting on your ass and hoping for playing time is close to a million dollars. Lebron has already played in three international Olympics, what more do you want:gaah:

The fact that some Lakers fans are not bashing on Lebron on this thread shows how ridiculous this is.

SEC Official

Elongated Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure I'm following this logic!! How exactly does him NOT playing in the Olympics and thus opening a spot for another player who has never played in the Olympics make him selfish? It seems to me, that it would be selfish for him to play again, even though he has already played in 3 and has 2 gold medals and deny another player that opportunity!!

I don't think this decision makes him selfish... but this decision is part of a larger circumstantial picture of who LBJ really is...

I still think he is out of the league early to pursue other opportunities ...

#1BostonFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.40
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This makes perfect sense...Lebron already has 2 bronze medals without Kobe, and since Kobe won't play in 2016 Lebron can't risk winning a third Bronze medals...

...also even more importantly, Lebron has been named by a biogenisis employee as a steroid user. There's no way Lebron can risk testing positive in 2016...It would be career suicide.

Just wow...

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fact that some Lakers fans are not bashing on Lebron on this thread shows how ridiculous this is.

Shaq Oneal decided not to play the first year Kobe did play - now his case, he was on the team that didn't win a gold medal, so he might have felt that it was time to pass the torch onto younger and more capable players. Only Lebron knows his body and when it's time to quit. I doubt that Kobe will play either and I would have been happier if Gasol had not played the last time. It takes a toll on the body just to play 82 games in the NBA along with another possible 28 more games in the post season.