• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

LeBron James is old

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the cavs would have been better off keeping Wiggins instead of Love

I think that long term, you are probably right. Wiggins appears to have a more well rounded overall skill set than Love. Being the younger player, Wiggins will likely be hitting his prime just about the time that Love is coming out of his prime.

However, the instant Lebron agreed to return to Cleveland, they went from a long term rebuild to win now. Love was a proven all star and a known quantity, so they had to go with the guy who can help them win right now instead of the guy who could help them win 3-5 years from now.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that long term, you are probably right. Wiggins appears to have a more well rounded overall skill set than Love. Being the younger player, Wiggins will likely be hitting his prime just about the time that Love is coming out of his prime.

However, the instant Lebron agreed to return to Cleveland, they went from a long term rebuild to win now. Love was a proven all star and a known quantity, so they had to go with the guy who can help them win right now instead of the guy who could help them win 3-5 years from now.

Agree with all that, and lets be honest, if Love and Irving dont go down in 2015, Lebron would have won 2 rings with Love, so it wouldnt be looking all that bad

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree with all that, and lets be honest, if Love and Irving dont go down in 2015, Lebron would have won 2 rings with Love, so it wouldnt be looking all that bad

We can't really say that Lebron would have 2 rings if Love and Kyrie don't go down because while the Warriors have yet to beat a fully healthy Cavs team, the Cavs haven't beaten a fully healthy Warriors either. For all we really know, if both teams were healthy in the previous finals, the Warriors could be looking for a 3-peat this year and so could the Cavs.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, well he got a concussion and missed 1.5 games, and came off the bench for another. He also had a huge defensive play in the most pivotal moment of the cavs season.

Love's contributions throughout the regular season and eastern conference playoffs were huge for the Cavs. IMO, he provided way more last season than Wiggins would've in his sophomore year. He is a big part of the reason they got to the Finals as prepared and rested as they did.

Haven't the Cavs proven the past two years that the regular season doesn't mean much, at least in the Eastern Conference?

Besides, it's not about what Wiggins could do alone in place of Love. Wiggins would DEFINITELY be an upgrade at SG and could play some SF to allow Lebron to rest more. Cleveland could've let JR go two years ago and spent that money elsewhere on a perimeter 4.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Soooo, Bron Bron to Philly then?

He'd probably bring Lowry along with him. They would need a perimeter threat at SG to balance out that roster (an upgrade over Stauskas). I'm sure the immediate thought would be Wade on the cheap, but they would need someone to spread the floor other than Emiid. Maybe Monk in the draft? Most likely Saric/Simmons/Lebron would be a 3 man rotation at SF/PF.

Could be interesting...no matter how unlikely lol.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Betting on Kyrie to not get injured is a losing proposition. His max in the NBA has been 75 regular season games and has averaged 63. This is the kid who only played 11 games in his one season in college remember.

You could just as easily say that a healthy (and unsuspended) Warriors team closes out the championship last year in less than 7 games.