• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

LeBron James is old

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You only wish Lebron joined another super team. Running back to a 30 win team is definitely running back to greatness lmao
You do realize the Cavs roster from that 30 win season was immediately changed when LeBron returned?

Seriously, you added Love, LeBron and other tweaks. Hardly the same team.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe. The problem though is that no one saw Bosh's blood clots coming. I do think though, that if he had stayed and Bosh stayed healthy, Riley would have figured out a way to improve the team and they may very well have gotten another title or 2.

Yeah, turnup said all along that he wanted Lebron to stay, but not if it was going to be on a series of 2 year deals with opt outs after 1. Didn't want that drama every off-season. I like titles too, but I think turnup has a valid point. Can't say I disagree with him.

Want a super team...
Embiid
Saric
Simmons
Lebron

Wow!

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We all need to chip in and hire old retired judges to listen to people's arguments and declare a winner. What does Lebron James have to do for people to stop questioning him. It's just insanity
You can go over to the NFL board and read people's takes on Brady being mediocre too

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Manage minutes?? They cant, they suck with him on the bench. I agree about letting scrubs go but you usually only go 7 maybe 8 deep in the Finals regardless, that isnt helping against the W's.

That's exactly my point. The Cavs don't need to add another expensive starter; they need improved depth, including at SF to allow Lebron to rest. He was worn out in game 2 and they can't possibly schedule more rest for these finals between games; it's been ridiculous already. They have to find someone who can give Lebron more rest now; maybe that's Derrick Williams. He's a bit of a blunt object, but at least he should be energized.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You only wish Lebron joined another super team. Running back to a 30 win team is definitely running back to greatness lmao

He ran from a sinking ship back home to a team with multiple #1 picks and cap space for a flash rebuild. If anyone ever doubted the legitimacy of the draft lottery, it would be for attempting to buoy teams with big public losses (Cavs losing Lebron, NO losing their owner and being run by the league, etc). The Cavs are "rewarded" with multiple #1s to replace Lebron, only to have him return just in time for the third of those #1s. Imagine if the Cavs had drafted better in 2013 (the expected #1 for most of that offseason was Noel, not the surprise and bust pick Bennett).

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We all need to chip in and hire old retired judges to listen to people's arguments and declare a winner. What does Lebron James have to do for people to stop questioning him. It's just insanity
You can go over to the NFL board and read people's takes on Brady being mediocre too

Nobody's calling Lebron mediocre. It's the overreaching "GOAT" comments that prompt these arguments as much as anyone challenging his "highness". You can't have a losing record in the finals on mostly loaded teams and be the GOAT. He's likely a top 10 player on everyone's list, just not #1.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He ran from a sinking ship back home to a team with multiple #1 picks and cap space for a flash rebuild. If anyone ever doubted the legitimacy of the draft lottery, it would be for attempting to buoy teams with big public losses (Cavs losing Lebron, NO losing their owner and being run by the league, etc). The Cavs are "rewarded" with multiple #1s to replace Lebron, only to have him return just in time for the third of those #1s. Imagine if the Cavs had drafted better in 2013 (the expected #1 for most of that offseason was Noel, not the surprise and bust pick Bennett).

I think the cavs would have been better off keeping Wiggins instead of Love

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hard to say, then they would be a weaker rebounding team and in the paint. Do they then keep Mozgov, or someone similar?

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they had drafted Noel and not traded for Love, it would be an interesting mix. Starting 5 of Irving, Wiggins, Lebron, TT, and Noel. Inside defense is much improved, SG play is much improved. They do lose the outside presence of Love offensively to spread the floor though.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What did he have to do to be GOAT? Try not being (what soon will be) 3-5 in the NBA finals when you have a minimum of two all-stars to accompany you on all but one of those eight finals appearances. Hand picked all-stars no less?

What do you think Jordans teams would be like if he had the choice to pick his team mates? Imagine if Shaq joined the Bulls instead of the Lakers instead of 1996? Jordan would have another 6 titles on his hands...

Yet lebron is only 3-5....

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope.

62076185ad6fce0332ca290b50199f7b.jpg

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hard to say, then they would be a weaker rebounding team and in the paint. Do they then keep Mozgov, or someone similar?

They would have had a better future though. Once father time catches up with lebron that team isn't seeing the playoffs, or at best the second round, in a very long time.

With Wiggins they could have had extra youth and athleticism

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, it would be really tough to replace the his 7 points and 6 rebounds per game in last year's finals. Solid game in the game 1 loss, then mediocre at best the rest of the way.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's like saying you'd rather have Dahntay Jones instead of Kevin Durant, because Jones won a title last year and Durant didn't :crazy:

No its not. Its like saying I'd rather have a title in the hand than 2 in the bush.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, it would be really tough to replace the his 7 points and 6 rebounds per game in last year's finals. Solid game in the game 1 loss, then mediocre at best the rest of the way.

Yeah, well he got a concussion and missed 1.5 games, and came off the bench for another. He also had a huge defensive play in the most pivotal moment of the cavs season.

Love's contributions throughout the regular season and eastern conference playoffs were huge for the Cavs. IMO, he provided way more last season than Wiggins would've in his sophomore year. He is a big part of the reason they got to the Finals as prepared and rested as they did.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Love would have been more effective than Wiggins would have been.

I disagree. But either way its still an unknown. Its still a potential trophy in the bush, compared to the one already in Kevin Love's hand.