• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

LeBron James "I don't believe I have played for a super team"

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well.. Everywhere Lebron has gone since Leaving Cleveland the first time, hes joining a foundation of Potential or definite Future HOFers in their primes and then HANDPICKING who he wants to join him. (And lets not forget the whining episode this year of needing more help). Lebron essentially runs these organizations he goes to. Not the front office. True. Allen was over the hill, but he is still the 2nd greatest shooter ever, who can knock down the 3 ball unconsciously and no doubt a HOF talent in his prime.

You can't say they were in their prime when they simply weren't the only one on the Heat time that was in his prime was Lebron. Bosh should have been but he was constantly dealing with injuries. He never averaged 20 points a season or 10 rebounds a season in Miami. Allen never averaged 10 points a game with the Heat.

So while Allen is certainly a Hall of Famer that doesn't mean that he was a Hall of Famer when he played with Lebron. Allen was 37 years old when he joined the Heat.
So when Lebron sits there and says, "Ive never been on a superteam".. Yea right. He HANDPICKS his super teams.

He handpicked the situation. He doesn't get to handpick the players.

Hes been on a superteam since 2010 when you compare them to what 98 percent of the rest of the league gets, which is why we had the most uncompetitive playoffs in NBA history just this year. If these are SuperTeams, I don't know what the hell they are. Since both the Cavs/Warriors sleepwalked right into the final without much effort or resistance.

Fine. So then the Spurs are superteam. The Thunder were a superteam until last season. Basically any championship level team is a super team. You've made the term even more meaningless than it was before.

When Lebron wasn't on a superteam he lost two years in a row to the lower seed.

To deny the existence of SuperTeams is stupid. What have the last 3 years showed ??? Two SuperTeams. a Great team in the Spurs, and a bunch of average/mediocre/D-league Teams that shouldn't be NBA teams

There is no question that the Warriors are a superteam right now.

trojanfight

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isn't this the same player who said he's still rich and we all still have to go back to our boring lives?

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This dude tarnishes his legacy more each year. Why not just start painting your hair on again?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Yao is in the Hall. Irving/Love are LOCKS

Your troll game is so bad.

Yao is not in the Hall of Fame for his on court play. He is there because he introduced the NBA to an entire continent. But, I would not expect you to grasp that.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can't say they were in their prime when they simply weren't the only one on the Heat time that was in his prime was Lebron. Bosh should have been but he was constantly dealing with injuries. He never averaged 20 points a season or 10 rebounds a season in Miami. Allen never averaged 10 points a game with the Heat.

So while Allen is certainly a Hall of Famer that doesn't mean that he was a Hall of Famer when he played with Lebron. Allen was 37 years old when he joined the Heat.

He handpicked the situation. He doesn't get to handpick the players.

Fine. So then the Spurs are superteam. The Thunder were a superteam until last season. Basically any championship level team is a super team. You've made the term even more meaningless than it was before.

When Lebron wasn't on a superteam he lost two years in a row to the lower seed.

There is no question that the Warriors are a superteam right now.

Wade was absolutely in his prime when they teamed up. They were both top 3 players in the league. He started declining after their first title. After 2012, he was a shell of his former self.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,218.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They were sitting around and talking about how many titles they were going to win....:lol:

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,218.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wade was absolutely in his prime when they teamed up. They were both top 3 players in the league. He started declining after their first title. After 2012, he was a shell of his former self.

This.

black francis

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Three hall of famers isnt a superteam?
(Wade and Bosh, and Irving and Love)

He just doesn't want to diminish the value of his triple doubles. Narcissistic kunt.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If "facing elimination" Lebron was the Lebron that played 90% of the time, Lebron James would be the best player ever on this planet. He could back down any defender in the league into the lane and take easy shots, wear down defenses, and slow the tempo. No idea why he doesn't. And why he had to wait until game 5 to guard Durant is redonk.

Wade, Bron, Bosh, Allen were a superteam. This Cavs team needs to replace D Will, Jefferson, Korver and get some younger guys that can play D. Trade Love

Find a way to get Tony Allen or Cousins. Go back to black and blue East.

140 points a game man.. :L jumpshot jumpshot

jumpshot

The numbers players are putting up are getting video game like

jumpshot

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That's fair.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big numbers on awful teams.

He'll be gone this offseason imo.

Big numbers get you into the Hall.

I agree. He's likely gone.

The Cavs can't simply stand pat and try again next year. They'll get the same result.

Cavs obviously aren't trading Lebron or Kyrie. So Love is the asset that will get them the biggest return.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big numbers get you into the Hall.

I agree. He's likely gone.

The Cavs can't simply stand pat and try again next year. They'll get the same result.

Cavs obviously aren't trading Lebron or Kyrie. So Love is the asset that will get them the biggest return.
They do. But it takes more in general.

Mark Aguirre averaged 20 for his career and won a ring. His career is more worthy imo and hasn't made it in the 24 years he's been retired.

Great Dayne

I was right even if you believe I was wrong
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think in order to be classified as a "super team" you need 3 HOF worthy players on your roster.

Just look at the Showtime Lakers. They had Magic, Kareem, Worthy and Wilkes who are all HOFers. The Warriors arguably have 2 locks right now in KD and Curry. Two fringe guys in Klay and Green who's longevity will determine if they get in.

Lebron had Wade and a past prime Ray Allen. Bosh doesn't get in the HOF. Then he has Kyrie and Love, who at their current trajectory I think Kyrie has a solid case but Love is on the outside looking in, imo.

So it's close, but there have been far more "super" teams than Lebron has played on, imo.

I suppose a super team was never defined properly but I always assumed it was 3+ all starts in their prime with one superstar. Were all the Showtime Lakers in their prime?

LBJ and Wade were both superstars and Bosh was an all star and all were in their prime. To me that's a super team. The Thunder could've been a super team but were very young when they had their big three. I think they were in their early 20's and nearly won the finals. Too bad Harden wanted too much money.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I suppose a super team was never defined properly but I always assumed it was 3+ all starts in their prime with one superstar. Were all the Showtime Lakers in their prime?

LBJ and Wade were both superstars and Bosh was an all star and all were in their prime. To me that's a super team. The Thunder could've been a super team but were very young when they had their big three. I think they were in their early 20's and nearly won the finals. Too bad Harden wanted too much money.

I agree on the 3 Allstars, but to me you need 2 superstars.

That is why, IMO, the Heat qualified for a couple years, but the Cavs don't.

Great Dayne

I was right even if you believe I was wrong
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree on the 3 Allstars, but to me you need 2 superstars.

That is why, IMO, the Heat qualified for a couple years, but the Cavs don't.

I can agree with this. Uncle Drew is a scoring machine but does little else great so he's not a super star, and Love is always injured so he can have a monster game one night then his back is hurting and he plays like terrible another night so he's not consistent enough to be considered a superstar.

NBA superstars right now are probably KD, LBJ, Curry, Westbrook, Harden, Leonard and borderline or soon to be superstars would be Paul George and the Greek Freak.