• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

LeBron James "I don't believe I have played for a super team"

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Celtics of the 60's. Lakers/Celtics of the 80's. Jordan Bulls. Kobe/Shaq Lakers. '08 Celtics are short-lived. Heatles. Spurs not quite, although they managed to be remarkably consistent and constant contenders.

Hmm I think you describe a bunch of really good teams. But I'm not sure that I would consider most of the super teams.

The 60s Celtics played in a league of 9 teams in a league. I just don't consider beating the same 8 teams to be as much of an achievement as others.

Kobe/Shaq Lakers had 2 Hall of Famers during an time I think most considered a down time in basketball. Spurs have been very good for a long time but I don't think they were ever a super team.

DorianRo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course he doesn't believe it. Hes an egomaniac in denial.

And compared to the rest of the TRASH teams in the NBA (There can barely find an all star) if its not a "superTeam" hes playe on in Cleveland what is it exactly??

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Led by a scoring PG, with a solid front court (Love, TT). Take Lebron's money and get some solid SG/SF players and that's a playoff team, especially in the East. Isn't that essentially what Boston has and was the #1 seed?

Yeah. A good 45-50 win team seems about right. Not as much depth as the Celtics but better top end players. Probably about as good as the Rockets in the West.

DorianRo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The heat had FOUR Future HOF'ers and the Cavs have THREE future HOFers. The rest of the teams? 98 percent are lucky to have 1-2 all stars much less HOFers

..... Yea... SuperTeam sorry Le3-5. :L:L:L

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The heat had FOUR Future HOF'ers and the Cavs have THREE future HOFers. The rest of the teams? 98 percent are lucky to have 1-2 all stars much less HOFers

Kevin Love as a HOFer is way too big of a stretch.

jontaejones

Hoopla Cash
$ 149.32
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Led by a scoring PG, with a solid front court (Love, TT). Take Lebron's money and get some solid SG/SF players and that's a playoff team, especially in the East. Isn't that essentially what Boston has and was the #1 seed?

That's based on a full 82 games from whomever the replacement is. LeBron sits out games.

If LeBron goes a full 82, those Cavs are a 58-60 win team. So, you're losing around 20 wins a year. I think he's that good.

jontaejones

Hoopla Cash
$ 149.32
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe the sixth seed.

Kyrie could put up big offensive numbers with anyone.

Maybe.

Those teams in the middle are a toss up. A lot of times it comes down to who plays hard, like whathisface said.

After watching the NBA finals though, I'm convince that James has even LESS around him than I thought when the Finals started.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Maybe Bosh is a HoFer but he wasn't in Miami. Ray Allen was over the hill with the Celtics. I couldn't even see the hill when was with the Heat. Heck even Dwayne Wade had been ridden hard and put away wet by the time Lebron came to South Beach.

Maybe if that team formed in 2008 you could argue it was a superteam.

Honestly I think that if you REALLY wanted to criticize Lebron is should because he built such a shabby all-star squad in Miami.

The Cavs squad is Lebron and Kyrie plus a fish out of water Love. Heck it could be argued that the Cavs would be closer to a superteam had they not traded for Love.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As is Irving, especially considering he looked more like Uncle Drew out there last night.
He has a good shot at this point of his career.

Don't see him getting the golden ticket, regular season MVP, so he has plenty of work. But a good shot.

I'd say he has the fourth best odds of guys in the Finals.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's been a rough year for LBJ. He voted for Hillary too.

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has a good shot at this point of his career.

Don't see him getting the golden ticket, regular season MVP, so he has plenty of work. But a good shot.

I'd say he has the fourth best odds of guys in the Finals.

Agreed. Just think he's a reach to call him a HOFer at this point in time. He's headed there . . . but weird stuff happens. Look at Deron Williams. 5-time All-Star at 27 . . . he's headed in the right direction . . . then he falls off a cliff.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe.

Those teams in the middle are a toss up. A lot of times it comes down to who plays hard, like whathisface said.

After watching the NBA finals though, I'm convince that James has even LESS around him than I thought when the Finals started.
Deron Williams is too damn old, so young.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. Just think he's a reach to call him a HOFer at this point in time. He's headed there . . . but weird stuff happens. Look at Deron Williams. 5-time All-Star at 27 . . . he's headed in the right direction . . . then he falls off a cliff.
You ninjad my next post. Lol

DorianRo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe Bosh is a HoFer but he wasn't in Miami. Ray Allen was over the hill with the Celtics. I couldn't even see the hill when was with the Heat. Heck even Dwayne Wade had been ridden hard and put away wet by the time Lebron came to South Beach.

Maybe if that team formed in 2008 you could argue it was a superteam.

Honestly I think that if you REALLY wanted to criticize Lebron is should because he built such a shabby all-star squad in Miami.

The Cavs squad is Lebron and Kyrie plus a fish out of water Love. Heck it could be argued that the Cavs would be closer to a superteam had they not traded for Love.

Well.. Everywhere Lebron has gone since Leaving Cleveland the first time, hes joining a foundation of Potential or definite Future HOFers in their primes and then HANDPICKING who he wants to join him. (And lets not forget the whining episode this year of needing more help). Lebron essentially runs these organizations he goes to. Not the front office. True. Allen was over the hill, but he is still the 2nd greatest shooter ever, who can knock down the 3 ball unconsciously and no doubt a HOF talent in his prime.

So when Lebron sits there and says, "Ive never been on a superteam".. Yea right. He HANDPICKS his super teams.

Hes been on a superteam since 2010 when you compare them to what 98 percent of the rest of the league gets, which is why we had the most uncompetitive playoffs in NBA history just this year. If these are SuperTeams, I don't know what the hell they are. Since both the Cavs/Warriors sleepwalked right into the final without much effort or resistance.

When Lebron wasn't on a superteam he lost two years in a row to the lower seed.

To deny the existence of SuperTeams is stupid. What have the last 3 years showed ??? Two SuperTeams. a Great team in the Spurs, and a bunch of average/mediocre/D-league Teams that shouldn't be NBA teams

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well.. Everywhere Lebron has gone since Leaving Cleveland the first time, hes joining a foundation of Potential or definite Future HOFers in their primes and then HANDPICKING who he wants to join him. (And lets not forget the whining episode this year of needing more help). Lebron essentially runs these organizations he goes to. Not the front office. True. Allen was over the hill, but he is still the 2nd greatest shooter ever, who can knock down the 3 ball unconsciously and no doubt a HOF talent in his prime.

So when Lebron sits there and says, "Ive never been on a superteam".. Yea right. He HANDPICKS his super teams.

Hes been on a superteam since 2010 when you compare them to what 98 percent of the rest of the league gets, which is why we had the most uncompetitive playoffs in NBA history just this year. If these are SuperTeams, I don't know what the hell they are. Since both the Cavs/Warriors sleepwalked right into the final without much effort or resistance.

When Lebron wasn't on a superteam he lost two years in a row to the lower seed.

To deny the existence of SuperTeams is stupid. What have the last 3 years showed ??? Two SuperTeams. a Great team in the Spurs, and a bunch of average/mediocre/D-league Teams that shouldn't be NBA teams
DWade was far from his prime.

jontaejones

Hoopla Cash
$ 149.32
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miami was a superteam. They weren't as powerful as the Warriors. But same thing.

Cavs are not a superteam. Irving is a nice player, but they were horrible with him as the star and only in retrospect was the Love for Wiggins trade favorable to the Cavs.

I thought LeBron was a p@ssy then just as I think Durant is a p@ssy now.

But LeBron redeemed himself. Durant can too if he opts out and joins the Wizards and leads them to a title.