• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

LeBron James "I don't believe I have played for a super team"

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Curry is a lock yet, unless you are counting his projected performance for the rest of his career.. He needs at least a few more seasons of high level play to cement a HOF resume, IMO.

I think Curry is a stone cold lock. If he retired today, he would be in. 2X MVP, 2X champion and he is the Face of the 3 point movement in the NBA. There is a very small number of players throughout the history of the league who have had as much impact on the way the game is played as Curry has. He is a game changer in a way I don't think the league has seen since Shaq and Jordan.

Great Dayne

I was right even if you believe I was wrong
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Curry is a stone cold lock. If he retired today, he would be in. 2X MVP, 2X champion and he is the Face of the 3 point movement in the NBA. There is a very small number of players throughout the history of the league who have had as much impact on the way the game is played as Curry has. He is a game changer in a way I don't think the league has seen since Shaq and Jordan.

Even if he had a career ending injury next year I think he would still make it with the way he changed the game and being ahead of his time. Despite being a tiny dude with below average athleticism he proved you can still dominate the league in scoring, passing and now he's even doing well for his position at rebounding. It's still hard to believe what he's able to do in a league of huge athletic freaks while being just a normal looking dude out there.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even if he had a career ending injury next year I think he would still make it with the way he changed the game and being ahead of his time. Despite being a tiny dude with below average athleticism he proved you can still dominate the league in scoring, passing and now he's even doing well for his position at rebounding. It's still hard to believe what he's able to do in a league of huge athletic freaks while being just a normal looking dude out there.

I agree. And he is a normal dude in every sense of the word. If you saw him waiting for a pick up game at the local Y, he would not stand out. At least until you saw him shoot/handle the ball. Every other star, you would be like "damn, this dude must be a stud" before you ever see them touch a ball.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. And he is a normal dude in every sense of the word. If you saw him waiting for a pick up game at the local Y, he would not stand out. At least until you saw him shoot/handle the ball. Every other star, you would be like "damn, this dude must be a stud" before you ever see them touch a ball.

And he rides Uber like many ordinary people do.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You're right about that. I was thinking about whether he had enough excellent seasons under his belt like Durant definitely has, but maybe I'm applying a baseball hall of fame standard that isn't used in other sports. You're right that he is the pioneer and greatest practitioner of the gamechanging 3 point revolution.

PEOPLESCHICKEN

Dysfunctional Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who would be the super teams in NBA history?

Lakers and Celtics of the 80s? Sixers of the 80s? Bulls of the 90s?

I think the Warriors definitely qualify. I would probably go with the Lakers of the 80s as well.

Sixers? Moses and the Doctor were amazing. Cheeks, Toney and Jones were very good. But really just a shade below what I would consider a super team.

Bulls? The Bulls are kinda like the Cavs. Good team with the best player in the league.
One thing I would like to add....the great Celtic and Lakers teams prior to the 90's did not have free agency and tons of cash to spend. Those teams were constructed by drafting or a fortuitous trade. Now these boss babies just opt out and go where the ring is most likely

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing I would like to add....the great Celtic and Lakers teams prior to the 90's did not have free agency and tons of cash to spend. Those teams were constructed by drafting or a fortuitous trade. Now these boss babies just opt out and go where the ring is most likely

You just loved their shorts with their nuts hanging out

kevin-mchale-shorts.jpg

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Uniforms or not, that was a brand of basketball that was fun to watch

No doubt, the Dominique vs Bird battles were the most underrated, forgotten battles, by a lot of people

Hitman Hart

College Basketball's #1 Venue
Hoopla Cash
$ 301.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't believe I'm posting on Sports SportsHoopla.