• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

LeBron James "I don't believe I have played for a super team"

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you looking to change the name since Thad Matta is gone?

Actually my screenname has nothing to do w/ Thad. It's a takeoff from the Rocky & Bullwinkle Show. They played football @ Wossamotta U.

untitledrwerwer.png

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

mXyupD1.gif
i still cant believe lebron said this about lebron because lebron has been on super teams...lebron.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i still cant believe lebron said this about lebron because lebron has been on super teams...lebron.

LeBron's an idiot but shouldn't you be kissing Brady's ass in 1 of the 1,000 different Tommy Boy threads?:D

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LeBron's an idiot but shouldn't you be kissing Brady's ass in 1 of the 1,000 different Tommy Boy threads?:D
no, i love lebron and when lebron talks about lebron we know lebrons means lebron.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't like LeBron much, but truthfully - I don't think he has played for a super team either. He has played with some all star players like Wade and Bosh, but I really don't think Irving as much of an all star as Wade or Bosh.

Lebron, Wade and Bosh are future Hall of Famers...that's a super team.

Lebron is a future Hall of Famer, if Kyrie continues playing like he has been, he's a future Hall of Famer and there are quite a few folks who think Love will be in the Hall. That's also a super team.

3 all stars playing together can also be considered a super team since you have to be an all star before you can be a Hall of Famer.

I do agree, however that both Michael Jordan and Kobe Bryant were better players. That might deceive a lot fans though because athletically, LeBron was stronger, faster and simply gifted. What LeBron has lacked is the ball iq and fast thinking to make decisions on the court - that both MJ and KB had. Both MJ and KB in my opinion had killer instinct and ability to close games better.

I think the Lebron, MJ and Kobe debate compares Lebron to the wrong players. Lebron isn't and never will be MJ or Kobe. Lebron is a more athletic version of Magic and that's who he should be compared to. No one says Magic lacked a killer instinct playing the way he did. Why would they say that about Lebron for playing the way Magic did?

MJ/Kobe comparison...apples to apples.

Magic/Lebron comparison...apples to apples.

MJ or Kobe/Lebron comparison...apples to oranges.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Lebron is a future Hall of Famer, if Kyrie continues playing like he has been, he's a future Hall of Famer and there are quite a few folks who think Love will be in the Hall. That's also a super team.

3 all stars playing together can also be considered a super team since you have to be an all star before you can be a Hall of Famer.

I think the Lebron, MJ and Kobe debate compares Lebron to the wrong players. Lebron isn't and never will be MJ or Kobe. Lebron is a more athletic version of Magic and that's who he should be compared to. No one says Magic lacked a killer instinct playing the way he did. Why would they say that about Lebron for playing the way Magic did?

pierce, KG and ray ray was a super team. i can admit that freely.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Agreed with everything but Love....He's been so mostly bad as a Cav, it almost doesnt matter to me if he compiles his way to the HOF, cause his days as a Cav will always be quite forgettable for me

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
pierce, KG and ray ray was a super team. i can admit that freely.

Exactly. There's nothing wrong with having a super team. There have been super teams throughout the history of the NBA.

In the 50's... the Minneapolis Lakers were a super team.
In the 60's...the Celtics were a super team.
in the 70's...the Lakers and Knicks had super teams.
In the 80's...the Lakers, Celtics and early 80's 76ers had super teams.

etc., etc.

I'm really not sure why some folks want to act like having a super team is a bad thing.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly. There's nothing wrong with having a super team. There have been super teams throughout the history of the NBA.

In the 50's... the Minneapolis Lakers were a super team.
In the 60's...the Celtics were a super team.
in the 70's...the Lakers and Knicks had super teams.
In the 80's...the Lakers, Celtics and early 80's 76ers had super teams.

etc., etc.

I'm really not sure why some folks want to act like having a super team is a bad thing.
well, its just a bad look for lebron because all lebron is, is a bad look.

he tries SO hard to get everyone to like him...its why he went back to cleveland. "please...like me...LOVE MEEEE!"

he just doesnt want to admit that hes done this...more than once...

but its sad.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed with everything but Love....He's been so mostly bad as a Cav, it almost doesnt matter to me if he compiles his way to the HOF, cause his days as a Cav will always be quite forgettable for me

I disagree about the Cavs.

I'm not saying he's been great, but he's a non ball dominant player on a team with 2 ball dominant players.

Just as in Miami, Bosh was always going to be the one who had to sacrifice the most stats, Love was always going to be that guy in Cleveland. Bosh was still able to impact games with his defense. Love has been able to impact games with his rebounding. His rebounding hasn't been as necessary for the Cavs as Bosh's defense was for Miami because of TT. But he has been able to contribute.

If the Cavs played the same style of offense as the Warriors, Love would be much more impactful.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree about the Cavs.

I'm not saying he's been great, but he's a non ball dominant player on a team with 2 ball dominant players.

Just as in Miami, Bosh was always going to be the one who had to sacrifice the most stats, Love was always going to be that guy in Cleveland. Bosh was still able to impact games with his defense. Love has been able to impact games with his rebounding. His rebounding hasn't been as necessary for the Cavs as Bosh's defense was for Miami because of TT. But he has been able to contribute.

If the Cavs played the same style of offense as the Warriors, Love would be much more impactful.

I just dont see him as a fit on that team, and the question becomes who is that 3rd guy that is the fit for them to have a shot at GS?

Is it Paul George?

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well, its just a bad look for lebron because all lebron is, is a bad look.

he tries SO hard to get everyone to like him...its why he went back to cleveland. "please...like me...LOVE MEEEE!"

he just doesnt want to admit that hes done this...more than once...

but its sad.

Yeah, I've said for years that if Lebron would just stfu, he wouldn't be nearly as polarizing. As it stands now, he is both the most and least popular play in the NBA.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I've said for years that if Lebron would just stfu, he wouldn't be nearly as polarizing. As it stands now, he is both the most and least popular play in the NBA.

Its a disease Odell Beckham has adopted........Guy makes it impossible for me to like him

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just dont see him as a fit on that team, and the question becomes who is that 3rd guy that is the fit for them to have a shot at GS?

Is it Paul George?

Paul George or Jimmy Butler would be great additions to that team because, like Bosh, they can impact the game in multiple ways.

The problem is, I don't see how the Cavs could get either one.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its a disease Odell Beckham has adopted........Guy makes it impossible for me to like him

No doubt. With some of these guys, just about the time you start to think "Hey, that guy hasn't said anything stupid in awhile, maybe he's learned?" They say something stupid and it's like "Nope, they haven't learned." LOL

Literally, the smartest career move Kobe ever made, imo, was when he learned to stfu. Granted, it took a r*pe accusation for him to learn it. But at least he learned it.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No doubt. With some of these guys, just about the time you start to think "Hey, that guy hasn't said anything stupid in awhile, maybe he's learned?" They say something stupid and it's like "Nope, they haven't learned." LOL

Literally, the smartest career move Kobe ever made, imo, was when he learned to stfu. Granted, it took a r*pe accusation for him to learn it. But at least he learned it.

Yup, but the thing i try to do is not let the personality interfere with evaluating the player..Most everyone in this forum hates Lebron for the "Decision" and some other stupid things he's done and said, and they dont seperate those feelings when discussing the absolute greatness of him on the basketball court....Again, my dilemma with Beckham

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well I have said that LeBron lacks the killer instinct that Kobe lacks because of the times he quit in fourth quarter. That's always been my opinion and still is

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't fault a guy for offering his opinions though. In the topic of Super team I think LeBron was referencing how much more The Warriors has in comparison to what he has had. The Warriors are not as unbeatable as they look though imo and can be beat