• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

latest offseason news

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is no way the angels can possibly afford another huge contract. They must think the rangers are in on pujols.

according to reports the Angels only have between 10-15M to play with. if they pursue Wilson they can't pursue Pujols and vice-versa. it will be interesting.

Ginger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't buy that the Angels have no money to spend. They've got some guys that will come off the books soon. They do have 1 horrible contract, Wells and another contract that seems obscene but the player (Hunter) is quite productive. That insane trade last winter with the Blue Jays really limits them though.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't buy that the Angels have no money to spend. They've got some guys that will come off the books soon. They do have 1 horrible contract, Wells and another contract that seems obscene but the player (Hunter) is quite productive. That insane trade last winter with the Blue Jays really limits them though.

They may have some 10-15 million like has been previously been stated, but they don't have pujols or fielder money.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The cubs have reportedly made an official offer on pujols.

dmc0015

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Garber said earlier that the Rangers would be serious in the chase for CJ and now says he was pleasantly surprised. So they were seriously serious?

bone3421

like in the back of a VW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
phillies no longer shopping polanco......angels and brewers only two left standing for A. ramirez

Ginger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They may have some 10-15 million like has been previously been stated, but they don't have pujols or fielder money.

There are ways to pare the payroll but they have a lot of guys in arbitration right now. So there is some cost uncertainty. However, some of their worst failures are off the books now and a couple of others will be off the books after next season. And they do have some assets they can package out if they want.

I think they will have a good team next season whether or not they make any moves. They do have some young, dynamic talent on that team and a healthy Morales should help them big time. Throw in one catalytic talent like Pujols or Fielder and that could really push them onto the Rangers level or even beyond.

Like I said, I don't buy that they don't have the $$$$ to sign those guys. Hunters $18 mil will be off the book after next season. Why wait until next year to sign a big name free agent? Do it a year early and then pare the payroll back a bit next season. What is the difference between having a 150 mil payroll this year and then 140 next season or having a 145 this year and a 145 next season? There are definitely ways for them to finagle.

bone3421

like in the back of a VW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and indians gm hinting at a surprising trade in the works.......heard a rumor about danks and ubaldo trade earlier today

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Garber said earlier that the Rangers would be serious in the chase for CJ and now says he was pleasantly surprised. So they were seriously serious?

Its all pointing to Texas looking like they might have CJ interested in a reasonable offer on their terms. Also sounds like CJ wasn't getting the insane offers he was hoping for.

Ginger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am watching MLB network right now and they are discussing the 4 year 60 mil deal. Ahole Bowa saying that CJ should go to the Angels. Yuck. CJ should take the offer from the Rangers. Not sure what is going to happen now.

dmc0015

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I am watching MLB network right now and they are discussing the 4 year 60 mil deal. Ahole Bowa saying that CJ should go to the Angels. Yuck. CJ should take the offer from the Rangers. Not sure what is going to happen now.

That offer was shot down by Garber before the meeting with JD as not true. Not sure if they made an offer or not at this point.

Ginger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its all pointing to Texas looking like they might have CJ interested in a reasonable offer on their terms. Also sounds like CJ wasn't getting the insane offers he was hoping for.

Sometimes when you ask for the moon you scare off all of your suitors and hurt your bargaining position.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I still think the angels are just trying to screw with Texas. Though from the sounds of the meeting it may be working.

Ginger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That offer was shot down by Garber before the meeting with JD as not true. Not sure if they made an offer or not at this point.

Rangers never admit to anything and they never give their position away. Both Nolan and Daniels really play things close to the vest and definitely play the game very well. The last few years we only hear about what they are going to do after it has been done. The way it should be.

Ginger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nolan was very entertaining. Sounded like he would love to have Fielder in the lineup in this park. When they asked him about Pujols he went into spiel about being committed to Moreland. Who knows with these guys?

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nolan was very entertaining. Sounded like he would love to have Fielder in the lineup in this park. When they asked him about Pujols he went into spiel about being committed to Moreland. Who knows with these guys?

Dang it. I've been watching and waiting for either Nolan or Daniels to turn up with an interview and I missed it.