• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

latest offseason news

Ginger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You mad sis?

Maybe. I can't envision a team ever giving a player more than a 6 year contract. Giving someone 10+ years and 200+ mil is just insane. I still think he goes back to the Cardinals but as Tom Hicks used to say, they won't have any financial "flexibility". At this point, I'd rather see him go somewhere else than have the team pony up more than what they already offered, which was an outstanding offer.

But that Loria character is really, really bad. Last time he signed some big name free agents he traded them within a year. He is all about cashing revenue sharing checks and has for years and years. This gambit of theirs is all about selling out the new park. If it doesn't work then you have to know they won't keep these guys. Personally, I think the offer to Pujols undoubtedly contains a poison pill. We'll find out soon enough. At Viva El Birdos they are speculating that Pujols only has a few hours to sign or it gets completely rescinded. But I didn't come on here to talk Pujols. Came here to talk Rangers.

bone3421

like in the back of a VW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dont know if anyone posted this earlier but found an old tweet from a "bluejay source" that said fielder has narrowed it down to bluejays,rangers and brewers......have no idea how legit this is

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I highly doubt the rangers are seriously courting fielder.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In other news josh just said he wants to come up with a new contract before the season starts. Looks like he really wants to stay.

dmc0015

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'm really wondering if CJ is going to get 5 years at this point. Just heard a conversation on the Hardline where because CJ is so in to the racing scene he might also lean heavily on staying close to a racing hub. DFW is a hub, Anaheim/LA is not.

Would the Angels go 5 and $75 for CJ? Just not sure if that makes the most sense for them given the state of their bullpen and lack of offense.

AGZBASEBALL

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Concerning?

Signing Pujols to a reputed 13 year deal?
Their fraud case concerning the city, their stadium deal and the federal government?
That any free agent signing with those losers get what they deserve after they get traded a year or two from now?

They need a full investigation. The Marlins have Bell and Reyes already signed. Pujols now. The Yankees don't even do stuff like this. Something isn't right.

dmc0015

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
They need a full investigation. The Marlins have Bell and Reyes already signed. Pujols now. The Yankees don't even do stuff like this. Something isn't right.

What is there to investigate? There is no salary cap in the MLB, so if a team wants to go hog wild then they can. May not be smart, but what else can MLB do?

AGZBASEBALL

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
What is there to investigate? There is no salary cap in the MLB, so if a team wants to go hog wild then they can. May not be smart, but what else can MLB do?

I aware of that but where are the Marlins getting all this money from. They have yet to Play a Game in their new park. Have read that MLB is looking in on this. Can they stop them legally. Probably not. This is 1997 all over again. There will be a Fire Sale after the season.

dmc0015

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I aware of that but where are the Marlins getting all this money from. They have yet to Play a Game in their new park. Have read that MLB is looking in on this. Can they stop them legally. Probably not. This is 1997 all over again. There will be a Fire Sale after the season.

Just heard on MLB Network that the team could very well make enough in season ticket sales the first year in the new stadium to cover all of this spending. The MLB is looking in on the stadium deal, but if the Pujols contract meets the league rules (seems like it does after the long meeting they had today with the league) there isn't much that can be done.

AGZBASEBALL

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Just heard on MLB Network that the team could very well make enough in season ticket sales the first year in the new stadium to cover all of this spending. The MLB is looking in on the stadium deal, but if the Pujols contract meets the league rules (seems like it does after the long meeting they had today with the league) there isn't much that can be done.

Still boggles the mind. How much are the best seats in their new stadium. Making quite a splash. This is still something that can blow up in the Marlins Face. But your right. Legally there is nothing that MLB can do.