• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Monday Night Football: Las Vegas @ Kansas City 8:15pm EST on ESPN

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, the rule is you cannot drive the QB to the ground and land on them with your entire weight. I didn't make the rule, but it is a rule and that was obviously what happened and what they called.
You might want to rewatch that play

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn’t care who won tonight.

Now, Go Chiefs. Kick the Raiders and the CHEATING Refs asses
What do the refs gain from making bad calls? How are they 'cheating'?

Every game has these. It's a league-wide problem and I don't know how it can be fixed. Fans just have to accept that this sport is ref driven and refs will make a lot of mistakes especially compared to what we see in slomo from every angle.

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't need to...go up a couple posts and read the actual rule...plus it's over and done with and the only people that matter made the call

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NBA is worse.
Eh, not really because there's so much scoring and back and forth that a bad call or two doesn't really affect the outcome and tends to even out. In football one bad call and the entire game changes.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Golden State used to use Native American imagery but dropped it when they moved to Oakland
Yep. The Braves don't use their NA mascot or image of that yelling one anymore either. Just gotta get rid of the Chop now.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree it's hard but there was absolutely no roughing there.
Yes that bad call was one of many refs make every game. They have to make quick decisions in the middle of the action watching for multiple things. We get to see the play afterwards, over and over, in slow motion from every angle. It's just the sport, and why I'm not super into football.

Picklerick 2.0

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eh, not really because there's so much scoring and back and forth that a bad call or two doesn't really affect the outcome and tends to even out. In football one bad call and the entire game changes.
No, the fouls are so blatantly bad and biased sometimes, and with only 5 players on each team at any given time, taking out an important player with bullshit calls affects the game just as much. And since only 5 people on the court, one superstar getting bullshit calls in their favor makes it virtually impossible to overcome.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't need to...go up a couple posts and read the actual rule...plus it's over and done with and the only people that matter made the call
One problem. The DLman made sure his hand hit the ground, preventing him from putting his full weight on Carr.

Again, go re-watch the play.

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed.

You can’t blame the officials. That’s the rule as put in by the competition committee.

That play was literally an example perfectly of how the rule is written:

When tackling a passer who is in a defenseless posture (e.g., during or just after throwing a pass), a defensive player must not unnecessarily or violently throw him down or land on top of him with all or most of the defender’s weight. Instead, the defensive player must strive to wrap up the passer with the defensive player’s arms and not land on the passer with all or most of his body weight.

The idea that Jones one hand in real time landing somehow doesn’t make it a flag is fucking ridiculous. He landed on Carr with all or most of his body weight.

Stupid rule. Not a bad call.

Here is the rule

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FUCK YOU HONKEY!!!

Those honkies that have too much time on their hands are the idiots raising all the hell about this nonsense. The social justice warriors of the world need some real hardship in their lives so they stop worrying about this nonsense

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, the fouls are so blatantly bad and biased sometimes, and with only 5 players on each team at any given time, taking out an important player with bullshit calls affects the game just as much. And since only 5 people on the court, one superstar getting bullshit calls in their favor makes it virtually impossible to overcome.
Even when superstars get a few calls their way, it doesn't change the outcome. For one thing the other team usually has a guy getting some too. And most of the 'bad' calls are 50/50 calls that can go either way. Truly egregious ones happen far more in football. A lot more judgement involved. And as many have noted they could call holding on every play if they were being technical.

Picklerick 2.0

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even when superstars get a few calls their way, it doesn't change the outcome. For one thing the other team usually has a guy getting some too. And most of the 'bad' calls are 50/50 calls that can go either way. Truly egregious ones happen far more in football. A lot more judgement involved. And as many have noted they could call holding on every play if they were being technical.
You are just talking with your warriors glasses on.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes that bad call was one of many refs make every game. They have to make quick decisions in the middle of the action watching for multiple things. We get to see the play afterwards, over and over, in slow motion from every angle. It's just the sport, and why I'm not super into football.
If they are going to make strict rules to protect the QB then there should be quick reviews in place or change the rules. This is just one play but there are easy calls the refs miss all the time. It happens but this QB shit is out of control. They are playing a different sport than the other 21 guys on the field

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One problem. The DLman made sure his hand hit the ground, preventing him from putting his full weight on Carr.

Again, go re-watch the play.
And how is a ref supposed to see that in real time from some spot on the field (vs us seeing it on the slomo replay?)