• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Larry Johnson calls for an "all black league"

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't recall ever negging someone but I apparently have given out 12 negs. Probably because I'm usually on my phone & my thumbs are too fat?

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't recall ever negging someone but I apparently have given out 12 negs. Probably because I'm usually on my phone & my thumbs are too fat?

I dont mind a neg along the way. But not when it appears a poster agrees with me... :noidea:

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL at Larry Johnson suggesting there should be an all black league. Hope the players are ready to make $30K a year. There is a reason the majority owners are white; that's who has the real money. Yes, go and form an all black league. Larry Johnson would be getting all the D-League and illiterate high school players who are just average. Players like Kobe, Chris Paul, Lebron, etc may talk like Sterling is hurting their feelings, but they really don't give two shits about this as long as they're making that money.

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL at Larry Johnson suggesting there should be an all black league. Hope the players are ready to make $30K a year. There is a reason the majority owners are white; that's who has the real money. Yes, go and form an all black league. Larry Johnson would be getting all the D-League and illiterate high school players who are just average. Players like Kobe, Chris Paul, Lebron, etc may talk like Sterling is hurting their feelings, but they really don't give two shits about this as long as they're making that money.

and they can't have Jewish Attorneys that turn a fun little league into a global enterprise either.

What about uniforms and basketball shoes? All black companies? So no Jordan's, Nike, or Adidas shoes.

The comment Johnson made is absurd and to me.

MarkOU

License to Thrill
Hoopla Cash
$ 287.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously you and Juice come from the same racist and bigoted gene pool. Must be hard typing your post as you try and peek through the eye holes of your white hood.

Stick another dick in your mouth cocksucker.

HizzleRocker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1) Saying in public for the world to hear, that you want a league where white people will not be allowed. Asking for segregation in a new league;

2) Saying in private that you don't want your girlfriend making public appearances with black people.

#1 is much worse. Now let me also say this - #2 is very bad. There should be no place in the NBA for Sterling; He should be forced out of the league; He is garbage as a human being. Now let me say this: Ditto that to Larry Johnson.

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1) Saying in public for the world to hear, that you want a league where white people will not be allowed. Asking for segregation in a new league;

2) Saying in private that you don't want your girlfriend making public appearances with black people.

#1 is much worse. Now let me also say this - #2 is very bad. There should be no place in the NBA for Sterling; He should be forced out of the league; He is garbage as a human being. Now let me say this: Ditto that to Larry Johnson.

I really can't disagree.

On a grand scale LJ is going against what MLK and others worked so hard for. Equality.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know what's worse, ignorance or the criminalization of ignorance?

This kinda stuff borders on an Orwellian Thought Police, no? Granted, they shared their thoughts, (or at least LJ did) but either way, nothing criminal happened, yet the persecution is up there with a criminal.

The world is full of racists, from every race. If they fired or persecuted every racist involved with the NBA, there would be no NBA.

hockey878

Hoopla Cash
$ 300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This kinda stuff borders on an Orwellian Thought Police, no? Granted, they shared their thoughts, (or at least LJ did) but either way, nothing criminal happened, yet the persecution is up there with a criminal.

The world is full of racists, from every race. If they fired or persecuted every racist involved with the NBA, there would be no NBA.

So then you are also of the opinion that we should all just drop the Donald Sterling incident too?

I think they should both be canned.

LucklessPadresFan

Creedence Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You can think whatever you want, but Sterling's comments have been backed up by his treatment of the minority tenants he has in his buildings. It's one think like a racist, but when you thoughts dictate your actions, you need to suffer the consequences. Harry Truman is a great example. He was of the opinion that blacks were not equal to whites and never would be. However, he thoroughly believed that they should be afforded the same opportunities--he integrated the military--as everyone else. Go back and look at some of his comments when the Freedom Riders were attempting to stop segregation in bus stations across the South.

rjshull

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Exactly, trying to reverse the past 60 years by creating a new sports league is as racist as it comes. And To me, with out looking into Strelings past which I have no desire to do, what Sterling said was not that bad, or out of line considering his age and position. He asked his mistress to represent him in public, if she wanted to do anything but that she could do that behind closed doors. I could be wrong, but his statements did not seem to bad, but like I said, I can care less about what he has done in the past.

Steelboy84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the biggest difference is Sterling's past history. I would be willing to accept an apology from Sterling as well if it were his only racist act. To tell you the truth what Sterling said to his girlfriend is tame compared how he treated Elgin Baylor, Baron Davis, & minorities that wanted to live in his buildings.

And different people are saying they've known this for years. Just heard about this now that it's in the spotlight. Don't really follow the Clippers, then again, who has?

psaboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey, wait a minute. Isn't the NBA and all black already ??

Issue solved :suds:

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And different people are saying they've known this for years. Just heard about this now that it's in the spotlight. Don't really follow the Clippers, then again, who has?

Clippers were irrelevant in the past so Don Sterling could get away with anything. Now that they're contenders life isn't so good for Don Sterling.