• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: G10 5-2-2 Kings @ My Bad...Dadonov Has an NTC. Oopsie 11/2/23

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a strange time to be an Ottawa fan. First the Shane Pinto 41 game suspension around gambling although it doesn't sound like it was him doing the gambling (my guess - a buddy who had access to his account, third party proxy gambling js banned by the NHL) to being stripped of a 1st round pick in one of the 2024-26 drafts as punishment for failing to disclose Dadonov had a MNTC to Vegas. Dorian was essentially fired yesterday because of that fiasco.

What I don't get is how the Dogs were slapped with fines for combine violations, Chicago with a $2 million fine yet got to keep their 1st round pick (Bedard) from the sexual abuse case regarding Beech but the Sens are hammered with a 1st round pick forfeit. Bettman is unbelievably dirty and plays favorites - if the new Sens owner knew what was going on I suspect the franchise fee of $950 million severely drops which means less money for the league and other owners. Shameful.

Good roadie to start, Kings played a tight 60 minutes from the drop and got a statement win in TO. It's always great reading Leaf blogs the morning after, their fanbase cracks me up. TLDR: there is no Cup coming in June, carry on.

Predictions: Kings torch Korpisalo 6-2. Buster gets 2 goals, PLD gets 1, Dunno 1, Spence 1 and the Lizard an ENG.

Let's Go Kings!

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure how I failed to mention this will be a showdown between Buster and Stutzle.

I hope Buster is highly visible and motivated tonight.

LAKINGSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope Buster didnt blow his wad against TO and come out flat tonight. Hopefully playing Stutzle will keep the fire lit that he played with the other night.
I saw the suspension and lossed draft pick and thought it was a bit harsh for both. There was no way Betman would have not allowed an origoal six team not get the oppertunity to pick Bedard. With both Kane and Towes leaving, they needed to have someone step in and be the face.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's how the Rags got Lafrenierre and Chicago jumped 10 spots in that draft. It's how a 10 year long scandal was covered up in Chicago yet somehow they kept their 1st round pick, won the draft lotto and got ro pick Bedard. It's how his pet project Phoenix somehow dodged legitimate punishment and is given leash after leash when it's apparently that franchise should be folded and a dispersal draft held. It's how this Dadonov situation somehow took almost 2 years to complete yet is disclosed after the sale of the Sens to nor devalue franchise value and thus get less from Andlauer.

Bettman is a flat out shitbag.

LAKINGSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No question that there seems to be some shady things going on. I would be surprised if anyone thought that the draft lottery was real. I am glad that the Quacks didnt get Bedard and have him kills us for the next 15yrs.

The weird thing is, how does a team not know there is a NTC on the Dadonv contract? You would think that with all of the people working for an organization, someone would be responsible to know the details of the contract. I mean even we can go on to capfriendly and see all we want to know. I personally think the responsibility would also have to lay with VGK and the Ducks.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's the thing, Anaheim is small market. First they lost Crosby and got Ryan in 2005, now they lose out on Bedard in 2023. Nobody apart from Anaheim fans give a shit about Anaheim, and they aren't money makers for the league. I was never worried about Bedard coming to SoCal, why should we be?

As for the MNTC, agreed completely. I think some onus should fall on Anaheim and Vegas, this is public info available on Cap Friendly - your high priced lawyers didn't see this? Baffling to say the least and honestly doesn't help the image the NHL has as being a bush league.

LAKINGSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's the thing, Anaheim is small market. First they lost Crosby and got Ryan in 2005, now they lose out on Bedard in 2023. Nobody apart from Anaheim fans give a shit about Anaheim, and they aren't money makers for the league. I was never worried about Bedard coming to SoCal, why should we be?

As for the MNTC, agreed completely. I think some onus should fall on Anaheim and Vegas, this is public info available on Cap Friendly - your high priced lawyers didn't see this? Baffling to say the least and honestly doesn't help the image the NHL has as being a bush league.
Agree about Anaheim. I do think that they are putting a pretty good young team together. I still hate them but not nearly as much as when Perry and Getzlaff were there. The fans and the announcers are still the worst.

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stuztle Is always the player we should have taken, He always looked ready to play in the NHL. Those early picks you always take the best player available, I get why everybody wanted buster.... But you don't go for what you hope. He will become when you have the second pick..... Those hopefuls slip closer to ten

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So far so good, strong game for the Kings. Korpisalo playing well too for Ottawa.

I'm watching Stutzle and Buster very closely.

davnlaguna

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,636.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree about Anaheim. I do think that they are putting a pretty good young team together. I still hate them but not nearly as much as when Perry and Getzlaff were there. The fans and the announcers are still the worst.
I am married to a Ducks fan and must agree. She sees everything as a slight against the Ducks. When they play the Kings we watch in separate rooms.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stutzle shut down so far, Buster has had primo chances and missing on them. Telecast continually propping him and Kaliyev up, you have to believe they have been instructed to do so.

Kings dominating, keep it rolling.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Close game, seemed like the Kings took their foot off the gas and then that late second period PP gave Ottawa some life that they carried into the third.

Talbot definitely the star tonight, he kept them in it early and often.

LAKINGSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am married to a Ducks fan and must agree. She sees everything as a slight against the Ducks. When they play the Kings we watch in separate rooms.
Thats so cool your wife likes hockey. Also, too bad she is a Dux fan.
The whole thing where fans think refs are picking on their team really bothers me. Sometimes they just have a bad game like everyone else.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or maybe they just suck.

=)~~

I've actually attended a game with Laguna D and his wife, she's really cool for a Duck fan. Going to say he's the moron here.

LAKINGSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or maybe they just suck.

=)~~

I've actually attended a game with Laguna D and his wife, she's really cool for a Duck fan. Going to say he's the moron here.
I used to work for the Dux back in the Paul Kariya years. I did stats up in press box. It was pretty cool getting paid to watch hockey but hard to root for every opposing team and not get caught. LOL

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Infiltration. Love it, you should have taken a few goals or assists away from them "accidentally" or tagged on a few GA on Herbert or whoever to lower the SP.