• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Larry Johnson calls for an "all black league"

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SOMEONE needs to handle it. I don't care who. Im sure the league has the authority to handle it, but im not sure on the specific laws of the league

If people are serious about having Larry Johnson fired then people need to contact are James Dolan & Steve Mills. Those are the people running the Knicks, those are the people responsible for Larry Johnson's position in the league.

Think about it, if a drive thru worker at McDonalds messes up, who is responsible to terminate their employment? Their immediate manager or the CEO of McDonalds?

hockey878

Hoopla Cash
$ 300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If people are serious about having Larry Johnson fired then people need to contact are James Dolan & Steve Mills. Those are the people running the Knicks, those are the people responsible for Larry Johnson's position in the league.

Think about it, if a drive thru worker at McDonalds messes up, who is responsible to terminate their employment? Their immediate manager or the CEO of McDonalds?

the league has no problem fining and suspending players when they mess up. Yet the owner of the team is their direct boss...

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the league has no problem fining and suspending players when they mess up. Yet the owner of the team is their direct boss...

Fining and suspending players is one thing but under he structure of a franchise the franchisee is the one responsible for terminating the employment of direct employees. The termination of Larry Johnson would not be Adam Silver's responsibility.

hockey878

Hoopla Cash
$ 300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll agree with that I guess. My point is simply that someone needs to take action and I don't care who. Maybe I'm wrong, and these are totally different scenarios and sets of laws, but it feels like one of these situations where an NCAA team has a violation and the NCAA first leaves it up to the school to punish itself. And if the NCAA doesn't feel the punishment is strong enough or if the school doesn't do anything then they come in and take action.

again, totally different scenarios. and im not pretending to know the laws of either organization. just saying thats how it should be handled in my opinion. I just want someone to address the situation at the very least.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll agree with that I guess. My point is simply that someone needs to take action and I don't care who. Maybe I'm wrong, and these are totally different scenarios and sets of laws, but it feels like one of these situations where an NCAA team has a violation and the NCAA first leaves it up to the school to punish itself. And if the NCAA doesn't feel the punishment is strong enough or if the school doesn't do anything then they come in and take action.

again, totally different scenarios. and im not pretending to know the laws of either organization. just saying thats how it should be handled in my opinion. I just want someone to address the situation at the very least.

I agree that LJ needs to go, he's a documented racist & homophobe.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Responding to a racist incident with a counter-racist idea, while morally wrong, counter-productive, and a bad idea, is still far more understandable and forgivable than racism that comes from nothing more than an actual life view.

And I hope we're not equating a vague two-sentence tweet to 15 minutes of explicit and direct dialogue.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Responding to a racist incident with a counter-racist idea, while morally wrong, counter-productive, and a bad idea, is still far more understandable and forgivable than racism that comes from nothing more than an actual life view.

And I hope we're not equating a vague two-sentence tweet to 15 minutes of explicit and direct dialogue.

He could've just criticized Don Sterling without promoting the idea of a segregated league tho. Also, this isn't the only incident of his bigotry. He came out and said gay people have no place in the league back in 2009. IMO he's a documented bigot and not worthy of holding an executive position in the NBA.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He could've just criticized Don Sterling without promoting the idea of a segregated league tho. Also, this isn't the only incident of his bigotry. He came out and said gay people have no place in the league back in 2009. IMO he's a documented bigot and not worthy of holding an executive position in the NBA.

Yes, there are 1,000 better ways he could've responded, no doubt. Bringing up his history is a fair point.

I just think it can be hard not to hit someone back. And maybe not fair to tell the person hitting back that they're just as bad as the person that hit them for no reason.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LJ does not need to go... The problem is that Sterlings punishment was reactionary and due to that it was an over-reaction... LJ will not get the media as angry, so all he has to do is apologize, and maybe get a fine... Equal punishment is never expected if the outrage of the action is different... An unfair truth, but still a truth...

I am still expecting Sterling's punishment to get negotiated down...

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, there are 1,000 better ways he could've responded, no doubt. Bringing up his history is a fair point.

I just think it can be hard not to hit someone back. And maybe not fair to tell the person hitting back that they're just as bad as the person that hit them for no reason.

I agree, you could hit him back (like Snoop Dogg did), but not if you hold an executive position within a NBA franchise. Some restraint was required given his position within the Knicks organization.

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

But it isn't. LJ's history of calling NBA players slaves, distancing himself from white people, and now the black only hoops league are bad as well.

It is much more than just a tweet with this idiot LJ. And he knows it.

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Oh it is fair.

"Hitting back" is just straight up ignorant. It really shows the intelligence of a person in how they respond when things don't go their way.

He is just another dumb NBA player with a position of power that he is vastly under qualified for.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How do we decide who can play in the All-Black league anyways?

Apparently I have some African American in my bloodline somewhere down the line......guess I'm black?

Would Blake Griffin qualify for this league?

Perhaps you have to pass a black test to get in? :noidea:

These are some questions I have for Larry.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Larry has the whitest first name I've ever heard in my life, by the way.....

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Instead of one step back two steps forward in the D Sterling comments.

LJ tried to make it one step back and another two steps back.

It truly was ignorant. An opportunity was presented to rise above the bigotry but many including LJ, SnoopLion, and several other black people chose to make things worse and further distance burying race issues.

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you guys aware that using "" means that's exactly what somebody said...? Because I hadn't seen those quotes... Also, as somebody posted he seemed to say Black owned and operated, didn't see where he said he didn't want White people brought to his games like Sterling did...:noidea:

In the end, I agree as an executive his comments were inappropriate, you guys can't be serious when you say it's worse than Sterling...

I didn't see anywhere where Sterling said he didn't want black people at his games...

He said he didn't want his girlfriend associating with them in public, whether it was instagram or at his games. He told her she could sleep with him or hang out with them just not to make it public. So that's why it's worse, IMO, to say what Larry Johnson said about wanting a league with no white people.

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why isn't there more media coverage and outrage of this??? If Sterling is forced to give up ownership then Johnson should be fired immediately.

Imagine Sharpton or Jesse Jackson's reaction to an NHL exec calling for an all-white NHL haha. people would freak

Sharpton and Jackson probably dont know what hockey is.