• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Larry Johnson calls for an "all black league"

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But it's not like Sterling owned multiple teams, it's mainly a problem for the Clippers. All he said was he didn't want his wife seen at games with Magic Johnson, unless i'm missing more of it, not sure :noidea:

Both, need to be let go of their positions and I can agree on that.

I don't think it was really about the comments tho. It was about the problems the comments caused. Fans were mad, Players Association was all mad, sponsors got mad, even other owners got mad. Do Larry Johnson's comments have the league wide impact as Sterling's? Also, who other than the NBA can remove Sterling from his role as the owner of the Clippers? Meanwhile, the league doesn't have to lift a finger to remove Larry Johnson. Knicks could do it for him and it would create less media SportsHoopla if the Knicks did it IMO.

Steelboy84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think it was really about the comments tho. It was about the problems the comments caused. Fans were mad, Players Association was all mad, sponsors got mad, even other owners got mad. Do Larry Johnson's comments have the league wide impact as Sterling's? Also, who other than the NBA can remove Sterling from his role as the owner of the Clippers? Meanwhile, the league doesn't have to lift a finger to remove Larry Johnson. Knicks could do it for him and it would create less media SportsHoopla if the Knicks did it IMO.

Dont see why this is so hard to understand.

Maybe some are saying "in addition to the Knicks doing xyz, the league should.................".

Maybe thats what they're getting at.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This bothers me more than what Sterling said. THE REASON being because he's doing this for the whole world to see. Can you imagine what he's saying in private? Sterling was set up and saying all that to someone he thought he could trust. Both of them are pieces of shit, but why isn't the media making a big deal about this?

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This bothers me more than what Sterling said. THE REASON being because he's doing this for the whole world to see. Can you imagine what he's saying in private? Sterling was set up and saying all that to someone he thought he could trust. Both of them are pieces of shit, but why isn't the media making a big deal about this?

Because he's not white.

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And that's the whole point. Attacking Sterling, banning Sterling, just makes you, me, anyone else, including Silver just a part of the in-crowd.

Doing something, saying something, taking a stand and telling minorities that there racist attitudes won't be tolerated either....that's not popular, that's not the hip thing to do, that would actually take guts.

Something that neither the media or the NBA really has.

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dont see why this is so hard to understand.

Maybe some are saying "in addition to the Knicks doing xyz, the league should.................".

Maybe thats what they're getting at.

Pretty much and it may be stupid or dumb, and people may not agree with it, but it's how I feel about it.

Can somebody get me his exact words so I know what i'm dealing with here. lol

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't really even see why either of the comments get anyone of either race all up in arms....

Anytime a black person says something wild about my race I usually just think he's a little crazy.......who gives a fuck?

In my opinion, people really just want attention......something to talk about......they want to take something and make it about them so they feel important. So something that some crazy bastard that I'll never know in my life says is somehow supposed to offend me....

:rolleyes:

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't really even see why either of the comments get anyone of either race all up in arms....

Anytime a black person says something wild about my race I usually just think he's a little crazy.......who gives a fuck?

In my opinion, people really just want attention......something to talk about......they want to take something and make it about them so they feel important. So something that some crazy bastard that I'll never know in my life says is somehow supposed to offend me....

They both lack professionalism and suggest the 2 individuals are unfit for a position of authority.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually think people pretending like they care so much is what keeps racism alive.

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And though I agree with this and think the racism stuff is blown out of proportion. It just wont end, the media, the players, owners, business men, whoever, will never let it.

HuskerCradle2Grave

Big Red in the Big Ten!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So segregation is misguided? Larry Johnson just called for what people like Jackie Robinson, Chuck Cooper and their ilk took strides to break, not to mention the thousands before them. Fuck Larry Johnson and his racist shit. He can move his all black league the fuck out of the US and start up in Africa.

Pretty sure LJ isn't from any country in Africa. Why would he move there?

HuskerCradle2Grave

Big Red in the Big Ten!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think what LJ said needs to be looked in the context of which he was speaking. One, his response about an all black league was not about blacks being better or superior to whites, but instead, a response to the anti-black racism that continues to rear its ugly head in this country. In the past two weeks, we've had to listen to morons like Cliven Bundy and Donald Sterling spew their crap. Does anyone really think these two clowns are some kind of a freak anamoly? I think not. It goes to show that unfortunately, racism is still deeply seeded in this country. None of us non-black individuals have any clue to what it's like waking up black each day and having to face this kind of crap. Conservatives love to try and convice folks that racism is a thing of the past, it's all good, everyone has equal opportunity and affirmative action is a useless tool of the government. Conservatives need to pull their heads out of their collective arses and wake up.

Just a look at these boards tell you they are not...

LucklessPadresFan

Creedence Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty sure LJ isn't from any country in Africa. Why would he move there?

Trying to use logic with MarkOU is like talking to a rock. It's pointless. At some point he needs to remove his racist colored glasses.

HuskerCradle2Grave

Big Red in the Big Ten!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What the hell are those?

yoga-pants1.png

You are welcome...

Steelboy84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trying to use logic with MarkOU is like talking to a rock. It's pointless. At some point he needs to remove his racist colored glasses.

Careful not to insult the rock. It does at least have a useful purpose.